Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You May Have to Say Goodbye to PBR

You May Have to Say Goodbye to PBR After This Big Beer Legal Battle

Bad news, cheap beer lovers. Your beloved PBR tallboy may soon disappear from the coolers behind pockmarked bars across the country.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/pa...uhgvAhb-wo
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm sure Pabst won't have that much trouble finding someone to help them brew the blue ribbon recipe again after that contract is up with Miller. There's too much money to be made and the beer industry is growing like wildfire.

By the way, Drifter, that website's content is 90% advertising and product placement - not actual "news" (whatever that means nowadays)
But most of their "articles" are really just ads in disguise.

There's a strong possibility that I may have said goodbye to PBR, once or twice in my younger days, while hugging a toilet.

I said goodbye to PBR as soon as the first swallow went down my throat only to be followed by what one might refer to as a liquid [BLEEP] taste.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Well... Bye.

You say goodbye...
And I say Hello!

Hello helloooooooo

You say goodbye
And I say Hello!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Very interesting because PBR kind of disappeared for 25 years prior to making a comeback 5 years ago. The $2 tall boy was a nice inexpensive alternative to other ($5) beers when a band is playing and the beer is flowing, however, I'm really not going to miss the taste and subsequent hangovers that come along with PBR. I sure wouldn't buy it in a grocery store where there are other alternatives with much better taste at a slightly higher price.

Bye!

[Image: image.gif]

Can't miss what you've never had.

Something my ex wife texts me quite often

I didn't quit PBR, PBR quit me.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-14-2018, 07:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I didn't quit PBR, PBR quit me.

It's amusing if you mean Professional Bull Riding.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-13-2018, 06:06 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I said goodbye to PBR as soon as the first swallow went down my throat only to be followed by what one might refer to as a liquid [BLEEP] taste.

You actually drank it?  I poured it out as soon I opened the can and could smell it!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I've never had a PBR. I consider myself lucky.

(11-14-2018, 08:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 07:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I didn't quit PBR, PBR quit me.

It's amusing if you mean Professional Bull Riding.

Who rides a bull sober?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

There was PBR when it was based and brewed in Milwaukee. Then there is PBR as it is brewed today. Both versions pretty nasty actually.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-23-2018, 12:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote: There was PBR when it was based and brewed in Milwaukee. Then there is PBR as it is brewed today. Both versions pretty nasty actually.

After you've had 10 or 12 they taste just fine.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Are they going to call it Red White and Blue again? Or was that just a rumor?

(11-20-2018, 02:22 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 08:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's amusing if you mean Professional Bull Riding.

Who rides a bull sober?

Something, something... ask ur mother Trebeck... something, something.

I never even said hello.

When it comes to terrible mass-brewed beer, I'll take Milwaukee's Best. "Double the the hangover with half the taste."
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.