Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Barry Church got blowed up on this play

https://mobile.twitter.com/Colts/status/...2521991168

Wow. He got pancaked.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bring back Cyprien
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

After each blown coverage the DBs look at each other like it's no one's fault. Maddening.

Nelson is a beast and got a great pulling move there but any defensive player across the lague lowers his helmet like Nelson did just there gets a 15 yards penalty.

He sound like a big ol choo choo train.

Audio is transplanted:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nf...991364002/

(11-14-2018, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Audio is transplanted:

LOL why would they do that? Still was pretty funny. Regardless that rookie put on a CLINIC on our D line....

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/stat...9761647616

(11-14-2018, 09:07 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Nelson is a beast and got a great pulling move there but any defensive player across the lague lowers his helmet like Nelson did just there gets a 15 yards penalty.

I know i'm quoting myself but the NFL has fined Nelson for lowering his helmet on this play.

Obviously I wish the refs gave the Colts the 15 yards penalty during the game (and deleting their big run) rather than basically tell us they missed another call a few days later like it has happened before.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 08:45 AM by Caldrac.)

That's an excellent block. I don't give two [BLEEP] about him lowering his helmet. His helmet didn't touch his. Church got planted on that one. Dline needs to do a better job pushing on those guys so they can't get a free lane to truck secondary players like this.

Nelson has been solid this year. His buddy McGlinchey over in SF has looked good too. I saw him pulling way away downfield in a game two weeks ago and he was leading the charge for his back as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-17-2018, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That's an excellent block. I don't give two [BLEEP] about him lowering his helmet. His helmet didn't touch his. Church got planted on that one. Dline needs to do a better job pushing on those guys so they can't get a free lane to truck secondary players like this. Nelson has been solid this year. His buddy McGlinchey over in SF has looked good too. I saw him pulling way away downfield in a game two weeks ago and he was leading the charge for his back as well.

I wouldn't have an issue with those blocks either if the NFL didn't make it impossible to play defense with these rules. In the offseason it was clearly stated you can't lower your helmet to initiate contact (doesn't matter if you don't hit the opposing player helmet, you just can't lower yours to initiate the contact) and that's what Nelson does right there.And it was stated it didn't matter if it was an offense or defense player doing it.By the rules that block shouldn't happen. If Church (or any other defensive player) did the same you can bet anything that a flag would pop up and it'd be a 15 yard penalty added to the end of the run.
I'm perfectly fine not calling stuff like that if the refs used the same standard against defensive players. That's an excellent block but also were many excellent defensive tackles that ended up being wiped away by penalty for lowering helmet or many excellent sacks being taken away for absurd unnecessary roughness calls.

Don't have an issue with the player doing it(I think Nelson is amazing) but with the rules that are making it impossible to just defend properly. Hell if I was an OC/OL coach I'd be using those advantages fully (just like offensive holding) the benefits would be always greater than the occasional penalty the way the refs are calling it.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 08:48 AM by Caldrac.)

(11-17-2018, 08:40 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That's an excellent block. I don't give two [BLEEP] about him lowering his helmet. His helmet didn't touch his. Church got planted on that one. Dline needs to do a better job pushing on those guys so they can't get a free lane to truck secondary players like this. Nelson has been solid this year. His buddy McGlinchey over in SF has looked good too. I saw him pulling way away downfield in a game two weeks ago and he was leading the charge for his back as well.

I wouldn't have an issue with those blocks either if the NFL didn't make it impossible to play defense with these rules. In the offseason it was clearly stated you can't lower your helmet to initiate contact (doesn't matter if you don't hit the opposing player helmet, you just can't lower yours to initiate the contact) and that's what Nelson does right there.And it was stated it didn't matter if it was an offense or defense player doing it.By the rules that block shouldn't happen. If Church (or any other defensive player) did the same you can bet anything that a flag would pop up and it'd be a 15 yard penalty added to the end of the run.
I'm perfectly fine not calling stuff like that if the refs used the same standard against defensive players. That's an excellent block but also were many excellent defensive tackles that ended up being wiped away by  penalty for lowering helmet or many excellent sacks being taken away for absurd unnecessary roughness calls.

Don't have an issue with the player doing it(I think Nelson is amazing) but with the rules that are making it impossible to just defend properly. Hell if I was an OC/OL coach I'd be using those advantages fully (just like offensive holding) the benefits would be always greater than the occasional penalty the way the refs are calling it.

There's going to be missed calls and unevenly called games year round. It's just apart of the game. I would like to see the defense less handicapped by the rules as well. I know we're supposed to be all sensitive now about the CTE stuff, etc. But a good football play is a good football play. I can see why no flag was thrown there. It was pretty quick though.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-14-2018, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Audio is transplanted:

Man, those clots love pumping them in some sound. From the quiet [BLEEP] stadium all the way down to their video clips. Buuuwwwwaaa!!!. They should hang a flag for their sound man championship.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 10:29 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-17-2018, 08:48 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 08:40 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I wouldn't have an issue with those blocks either if the NFL didn't make it impossible to play defense with these rules. In the offseason it was clearly stated you can't lower your helmet to initiate contact (doesn't matter if you don't hit the opposing player helmet, you just can't lower yours to initiate the contact) and that's what Nelson does right there.And it was stated it didn't matter if it was an offense or defense player doing it.By the rules that block shouldn't happen. If Church (or any other defensive player) did the same you can bet anything that a flag would pop up and it'd be a 15 yard penalty added to the end of the run.
I'm perfectly fine not calling stuff like that if the refs used the same standard against defensive players. That's an excellent block but also were many excellent defensive tackles that ended up being wiped away by  penalty for lowering helmet or many excellent sacks being taken away for absurd unnecessary roughness calls.

There's going to be missed calls and unevenly called games year round. It's just apart of the game. I would like to see the defense less handicapped by the rules as well. I know we're supposed to be all sensitive now about the CTE stuff, etc. But a good football play is a good football play. I can see why no flag was thrown there. It was pretty quick though.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...it-vs-jags

(11-17-2018, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That's an excellent block. I don't give two [BLEEP] about him lowering his helmet. His helmet didn't touch his. Church got planted on that one. Dline needs to do a better job pushing on those guys so they can't get a free lane to truck secondary players like this.

Nelson has been solid this year. His buddy McGlinchey over in SF has looked good too. I saw him pulling way away downfield in a game two weeks ago and he was leading the charge for his back as well.

Why did he get fined then?

Around the NFL

Quenton Nelson fined $26,739 for helmet hit vs. Jags

(11-17-2018, 10:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 08:48 AM)Caldrac Wrote: There's going to be missed calls and unevenly called games year round. It's just apart of the game. I would like to see the defense less handicapped by the rules as well. I know we're supposed to be all sensitive now about the CTE stuff, etc. But a good football play is a good football play. I can see why no flag was thrown there. It was pretty quick though.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...it-vs-jags

(11-17-2018, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That's an excellent block. I don't give two [BLEEP] about him lowering his helmet. His helmet didn't touch his. Church got planted on that one. Dline needs to do a better job pushing on those guys so they can't get a free lane to truck secondary players like this.

Around the NFL  

Because the NFL is soft these days. That's why.

(11-17-2018, 01:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 10:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...it-vs-jags

Around the NFL  

Because the NFL is soft these days. That's why.

Soft or not, the Jaguars, especially the quarterback, do not get the benefit of the rules too often for it to be coincidence.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato