Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calling all JAGS Fans - We MUST Stick Together

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 12:54 PM by Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN.)

I have been traveling out of the country on holiday the past few weeks, and was stunned, dismayed, shocked and mortified to learn that the prime-time Jags - Steelers match up has been moved, or as Goodell so eloquently puts it, "flexed" to 12:00. I am stunned that Jags nation has remained silent and allowed for this to happen. I will not. I've sat on this for 24 hours and would like to utilize this forum to share some thoughts.

First off, who is the NFL to tell us when we can or can't play? Why didn't we just say "Stuff it Goodell", we are going to play our game as scheduled at the time we agreed on months and months ago and if you want to go show the Vikings - Bears, then the people will get to choose which game they watch. I've been patient through an otherwise tumultuous season, but I feel this shows a real lack of leadership of Dan Edwards: Senior Vice President, Communications for the Jags. Leadership starts at the top, and while I don't want to play the blame game, perhaps if Mr. Edwards had displayed a more prominent leadership role in his position, it would have trickled down to our players and we might be be in a better spot in the AFC South.

How does Goodell ever expect us to get good recruits if we are never on prime time??? We haven't even had the chance to play on Thursday the past few years - and if you don't believe me here then go look at the schedule. We just haven't!!! I think everyone knows that we have a great starting 11 on offense and a great starting 11 on offense, but when our guys get injured, we have no new recruits that are very good to fill in for them. It's truly a conspiracy - keep the Jags off prime time for several years, fake like your going to put them on prime time and then pull the rug out from the players, coaches and fans. 

Does anyone else find it weird that we had to play the NY Jets and Giants within the same month, two teams that share a stadium  and then Dallas and Houston, two teams from the state of Texas in back to back weeks??? All the Jets had to do was to walk across the hall to the Giants staff to trade game film on the Jags and I'm sure all the Texans and Cowboys had to do was meet somewhere in Centerville, Texas, which is roughly three miles from the exact midpoint between the two cities - and just like that game film is exchanged while the Jags have to wait in the mail for film to arrive. I think there is a direct correlation between the Jags coaches having to over prepare to compensate for opponents easily exchanging game film and then being to tired to coach on Sunday  due to the unfair and biased scheduling of Roger Goodell. When it looks like a rat, and smells like a rat, well.......

On a personal level, who do I send my bill for to repay me for all the nacho dip, smokies, blue cheese crumbles and celery that I bought for my primetime Jags party on Sunday??? No one wants to come over now to watch the Vikings - Bears, so I'm stuck with all of this food. I think I'll send these receipts directly to the NFL office. 

I call on all Jags Fans to boycott the Minnesota - Chicago game on Sunday night. Instead, I want to see all of us pull out the VHS tape of the game vs, New England, stick it in the VCR,  and watch instead. By doing so, we can all enjoy what the Jags were before the season was taken away from us by the manipulative and malicious practices of one person, Roger Stokoe Goodell. I can only hope that if we can overcome adversity, beat the Steelers that RSG can make things right by flexing our on Sunday the 25th vs. The Bills, to Thanksgiving Day, in a prime time slot. This is only fair and this is only right.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 12:56 PM by waveZ666.)

"I am stunned that Jags nation has remained silent and allowed for this to happen"

Because we suck again?

"I call on all Jags Fans to boycott the Minnesota - Chicago game on Sunday night"

Why? Just why? They play better then the kittens...

(11-14-2018, 12:55 PM)waveZ666 Wrote: "I am stunned that Jags nation has remained silent and allowed for this to happen"

Because we suck again?

"I call on all Jags Fans to boycott the Minnesota - Chicago game on Sunday night"

Why? Just why? They play better then the kittens...

Maybe the NFL should consider more than records - doesn't ever heart, soul, sportsmanship and determination ever factor in when deciding to flex someone back to a 12:00 game slot. Ugh. We don't suck by the way - not many teams over the years could overcome the clear biases we face on an annual basis.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 01:09 PM by VondyP.)

people dont wanna watch the jags get whipped in prime time. they like good games in those slots. if this were another crappy match up of other teams you would be perfectly fine with the move. stop whining.

also, you sound a conspiratorial nutjob

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 01:26 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Ignore what I wrote. Didn't see OP bwahahahaha
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

1. NFL has all the power.
2. National TV deals split money with all the teams. So as a Franchise, you want whatever game gets most eyeballs and brings in the most money. Doesn't matter much franchise level.
3. Other teams/players say they don't really watch other games unless it is game film they are preparing for, especially during the season. Their schedule is too busy and they have too many things to concentrate on than catch some team.
4. If you mean UDFA or FA right now, they just want a chance to play and get a shot. Sure some will be wowed by certain organizations, but no one throws away their only change because of what NFL team calls them up.

(11-14-2018, 01:21 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Ignore what I wrote. Didn't see OP bwahahahaha

[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-14-2018, 01:06 PM)VondyP Wrote: people dont wanna watch the jags get whipped in prime time. they like good games in those slots. if this were another crappy match up of other teams you would be perfectly fine with the move. stop whining.

also, you sound a conspiratorial nutjob

I guess the dimwits in tackland haven't heard of satire.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You make a number of great points.  My main concern is the recruiting side of things.  Besides recruiting The Belldozer, name me 1 more 5 or even 4 star guy that we've been able to sign?   And don't get me started on that clown Dan "The Mute" Edwards!  He communicates worse than Hillary Clinton did to the voters of Wisconsin.  

I'm glad to hear your world travels ended safely.

Along with the boycott. Maybe we should start one of them there petitions to oust Goodell from his job and have TC become commissioner. Im sure he would never quote flex us out of the National Spotlight.

(11-14-2018, 12:51 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: I have been traveling out of the country on holiday the past few weeks

Leaving Omaha NE to go on your family vacation to Dallas TX does qualify as traveling out of the country, per se.

Big Grin 

(11-14-2018, 01:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 01:21 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Ignore what I wrote. Didn't see OP bwahahahaha

[Image: giphy.gif]
Lol yep
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

[Image: 0806-Took-Jerbs.jpg?quality=0.8]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

This thread is a joke, right??

I feel like it has to be a joke.

(11-15-2018, 09:17 AM)Nikowho Wrote: This thread is a joke, right??

Absolutely not
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(11-15-2018, 09:17 AM)Nikowho Wrote: This thread is a joke, right??

I feel the same way.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend