Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Steeler fan here

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 06:26 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

I'm a former western PA dweller who moved down here to the beaches in 2001.

When the Jags came into being, I despised them, as it was a "down" phase with the Steelers and Jags got good quickly.
Back in those days, we were in the same division, and if I recall, we were the Jags 1st win in franchise history, beating us
as an underdog. So right out of the blocks, I loathed the Jags, and most everything about them. I remember being in glee
after TN was the only team to beat them in 1999, all THREE times. Boy, the Jags were really good then. Coughlin, Brunell,
Boselli, Taylor, Brackens, Jimmy, Keenan, Hardy, Searcy, Donovan, Paup, Lake, Bryant. 

Oddly, I didn't even know where Jax was; I actually thought it was in the same town as the Gators (I think since the FL-GA
game was played here). But fate being what it is, I got a job here, and obviously, figured out where Jax was in the process.

I no longer despise the Jags, being that I live here, I want my new hometown team to be decent and not be moved. But
in no way do I root for the Jags on the same level as the Steelers. I get people - some strangers others not - who ask me
why I am not a full-blown Jags fan, i.e. wear Jags shirts, not Steelers. Well, Steeler fans do not change allegiance like
changing underwear. That is why you see so many Steeler fans at away games. Unbeknownst to the clueless announcers, 
all those fans did not travel to the away games, as much as most of the fans you see moved to those towns and remained
Steeler fans. When I wear my Steeler gear (which is often) I can't tell you how many Steeler fans comment. There are a LOT
of transplants down here. 

Anyhow, I now live here at the beaches and love it. Yes, the 95 degree days are a little brutal but as long as I am not up
on a roof or whatnot during them, I've adapted. And the non-July-Sept days are superb. 

Anyhow, with this game approaching, these are my thoughts. 

1.) I was pulling for the Jags to bring Coughlin back on board and I predicted if they did he would turn them around in a short order.
He did. Even faster than I anticipated. I thought they would flirt with the playoffs, not make it all the way to the AFCC game and
be up by 10 on the Pats last season. 

2.) After hearing so much cockiness by the Jags in the off-season, and early on this season, I felt they were setting themselves up
for a fall, and they did. I questioned if they knew how to manage success and they did not. I'm a little surprised Coughlin didn't
keep them from falling into the pit, but for whatever reason, he could not. 

3.) Could the Jags right the ship and beat the Steelers this week? I think they could. Pgh is ready for a backward step themselves. It's
in their nature to overlook teams, as the coach has trouble with keeping them focused after success. And we all know the Jags have
a track record of beating the Steelers (just above .500, even though I hear Jag fans claim they "own" Pgh, they are just about even
in win-losses). 

Any how, I wish you luck after Sunday. And if this season ends up being lost, hopefully they come back in 2019. I want this area to
keep an NFL team. Jags still have a lot of good players, albeit some were a little overrated and I'm not sure Bortles is the answer. I never
did. 

Here's to a good game with no major injuries to either side. Oh, and if you bump into Steeler fans acting like jerks, they most likely do
not live here; it's the fans who still live in western PA who lean towards being rude. Most Steeler fans who live here have mellowed out
and are now more polite. There's something about living in western PA that makes you uncool. I have some theories on it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks for the well wishes. It’s a breath of fresh air when opposing fans come here for actual football discussion

Oilers was the first win then the Steelers IIRC
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Oh, you're at the beach?

Then pound sand squealer feeler.

I kid..I kid. Big Grin Here is to a good game. By that I mean Jags 42 squealers 10. Banana
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-14-2018, 05:25 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I'm a former western PA dweller who moved down here to the beaches in 2001.

When the Jags came into being, I despised them, as it was a "down" phase with the Steelers and Jags got good quickly.
Back in those days, we were in the same division, and if I recall, we were the Jags 1st win in franchise history, beating us
as an underdog. So right out of the blocks, I loathed the Jags, and most everything about them. I remember being in glee
after TN was the only team to beat them in 1999, all THREE times. Boy, the Jags were really good then. Coughlin, Brunell,
Boselli, Taylor, Brackens, Jimmy, Keenan, Hardy, Searcy, Donovan, Paup, Lake, Bryant. 

Oddly, I didn't even know where Jax was; I actually thought it was in the same town as the Gators (I think since the FL-GA
game was played here). But fate being what it is, I got a job here, and obviously, figured out where Jax was in the process.

I no longer despise the Jags, being that I live here, I want my new hometown team to be decent and not be moved. But
in no way do I root for the Jags on the same level as the Steelers. I get people - some strangers others not - who ask me
why I am not a full-blown Jags fan, i.e. wear Jags shirts, not Steelers. Well, Steeler fans do not change allegiance like
changing underwear. That is why you see so many Steeler fans at away games. Unbeknownst to the clueless announcers, 
all those fans did not travel to the away games, as much as most of the fans you see moved to those towns and remained
Steeler fans. When I wear my Steeler gear (which is often) I can't tell you how many Steeler fans comment. There are a LOT
of transplants down here. 

Anyhow, I now live here at the beaches and love it. Yes, the 95 degree days are a little brutal but as long as I am not up
on a roof or whatnot during them, I've adapted. And the non-July-Sept days are superb. 

Anyhow, with this game approaching, these are my thoughts. 

1.) I was pulling for the Jags to bring Coughlin back on board and I predicted if they did he would turn them around in a short order.
He did. Even faster than I anticipated. I thought they would flirt with the playoffs, not make it all the way to the AFCC game and
be up by 10 on the Pats last season. 

2.) After hearing so much cockiness by the Jags in the off-season, and early on this season, I felt they were setting themselves up
for a fall, and they did. I questioned if they knew how to manage success and they did not. I'm a little surprised Coughlin didn't
keep them from falling into the pit, but for whatever reason, he could not. 

3.) Could the Jags right the ship and beat the Steelers this week? I think they could. Pgh is ready for a backward step themselves. It's
in their nature to overlook teams, as the coach has trouble with keeping them focused after success. And we all know the Jags have
a track record of beating the Steelers (just above .500, even though I hear Jag fans claim they "own" Pgh, they are just about even
in win-losses). 

Any how, I wish you luck after Sunday. And if this season ends up being lost, hopefully they come back in 2019. I want this area to
keep an NFL team. Jags still have a lot of good players, albeit some were a little overrated and I'm not sure Bortles is the answer. I never
did. 

Here's to a good game with no major injuries to either side. Oh, and if you bump into Steeler fans acting like jerks, they most likely do
not live here; it's the fans who still live in western PA who lean towards being rude. Most Steeler fans who live here have mellowed out
and are now more polite. There's something about living in western PA that makes you uncool. I have some theories on it.

Hey we have a nice opposing fan for a change! 

Welcome and nice post. I loved the Jags Steelers divisional games, they were like what you now have with the Ravens. And now ant playoff run we have HAS to go through Pittsburgh (2008, 2018), but they are Good old fashioned tough football games. I love the rivalry, hate the Steelers. But that's what rivalries are all about! 

Pittsburgh have done a nice job saving a season that looked in trouble early, the whole Bell saga, And a AFC North that looked like it might challenge them. They just find a way to win games which is a good trait to have. 

This game is the last finger clinging to the playoff ledge. You can find many threads trying to work out what the hell happened the last 5 weeks but I hope we come out playing like we can as I feel Pittsburgh will want some revenge for last year.

Good luck for the season, hope you win nothing! Smile

Go back to PA.
Huh

I won’t ever forget that shovel pass to Bettis in overtime. Or the 20-6 pounding Brunell put on y’all after his knee injury on MNF. Or the 9-0 donut squiggly game on prime time. Or the time when Darius punished Bettis. Or when Ward pulled Nelson to cause a pass interference. Or when Ben hung in on 3rd and long with Henderson all over him to throw a first down. Or when Ben shook Garrard’s hand after we beat Pittsburgh. Or the year we beat y’all twice at Pit. Or when Taylor ran for 234 yards and scored 4 times.

No matter what the record is, the Jags Pit game has been and always will be our biggest Rivalry.

It all goes back in history when we were in the AFC Central. It’s bigger than the Titans game in my opinion bc Pit was our first original Rivalry game.

Jags win 30-28

Yeah. I miss the AFC central days.

Well, glad you're enjoying the Beaches....but you should left your towel in Pa.
Go JAGS!

note to tack and clots fans.......take some lessons from Steelers Beaches on how to be nice
here in Jag's world
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Wait, the tacks beat the jags 3 times in 99? I had no idea
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(11-15-2018, 01:22 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Wait, the tacks beat the jags 3 times in 99? I had no idea

Go away[Image: th?id=OIP.siQKsSv1StF79eZaAoF5ZAHaFZ&pid...=300&h=300]

I used to be a Steeler fan until Neil O'Donnell tanked his Superbowl.

(11-15-2018, 11:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. I miss the AFC central days.

[Image: tumblr_mclx0pUTys1qj8mvio1_250.gif]

AFC central was a much better division.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Thanks. We suck though, so don't worry. Pittsburgh is going to absolutely demolish the Jaguars this Sunday. It will be like a bad accident you don't want to look at, but just can't help yourself but to look.

I love a team that shows up and gets it done, the "swagger" and trash talk we've seen from players is not my bag, but its tolerable if you're winning. We aren't, and for some reason the team has gone back to 2016 mode. All that being a given, I bet injuries have more to do with our slide than trash talk.

I admire teams like the Steelers and Patriots, they seem to always find a way to hit 10+ wins and be relevant, doesn't mean I can't have an irrational hatred for both, and hope (even though we won't) destroy your favorite team this weekend. I miss the AFC central very much, and wish there was never a realignment. Have a good one.

(11-15-2018, 10:54 AM)Monty Wrote: Go back to PA.

That response makes me smile. I get it.

(11-16-2018, 01:25 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Thanks. We suck though, so don't worry. Pittsburgh is going to absolutely demolish the Jaguars this Sunday. It will be like a bad accident you don't want to look at, but just can't help yourself but to look.

I love a team that shows up and gets it done, the "swagger" and trash talk we've seen from players is not my bag, but its tolerable if you're winning. We aren't, and for some reason the team has gone back to 2016 mode. All that being a given, I bet injuries have more to do with our slide than trash talk.

I admire teams like the Steelers and Patriots, they seem to always find a way to hit 10+ wins and be relevant, doesn't mean I can't have an irrational hatred for both, and hope (even though we won't) destroy your favorite team this weekend. I miss the AFC central very much, and wish there was never a realignment.  Have a good one.

Bro, I love your hate, but I don't know this one is a given. If Fournette gets going. He could be a beast.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 11:43 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

Steelers have a bunch of fans who dont even watch football. Bandwagon wives of guys who are steeler fans.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(11-16-2018, 02:16 AM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 01:25 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Thanks. We suck though, so don't worry. Pittsburgh is going to absolutely demolish the Jaguars this Sunday. It will be like a bad accident you don't want to look at, but just can't help yourself but to look.

I admire teams like the Steelers and Patriots, they seem to always find a way to hit 10+ wins and be relevant, doesn't mean I can't have an irrational hatred for both, and hope (even though we won't) destroy your favorite team this weekend. I miss the AFC central very much, and wish there was never a realignment.  Have a good one.

Bro, I love your hate, but I don't know this one is a given. If Fournette gets going. He could be a beast.

I can't even pick my Jags this week after watching Luck dismantle our secondary. It just feels like Big Ben is going to have a field day. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 05:56 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

(11-14-2018, 06:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Oh, you're at the beach?

Then pound sand squealer feeler.

I kid..I kid. Big Grin Here is to a good game. By that I mean Jags 42 squealers 10. Banana

I'm not gonna lie: If I had my way I'd prefer a Steeler blow out, but that is not that likely in my opinion. We just had our blowout win last week, and we usually don't have two of those in a row, especially when on the road.

(11-16-2018, 12:58 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 02:16 AM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Bro, I love your hate, but I don't know this one is a given. If Fournette gets going. He could be a beast.

I can't even pick my Jags this week after watching Luck dismantle our secondary. It just feels like Big Ben is going to have a field day. 

Which is probably why he won't. Ramsey ran his mouth about how Ben was "decent, if that" (meaning he is below average) and since he said that, Ramsey will probably be motivated to perform this week, unfortunately.