Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Steeler fan here

(11-16-2018, 11:41 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Steelers have a bunch of fans who dont even watch football. Bandwagon wives of guys who are steeler fans.

How did you form this [BLEEP] conclusion? And, how many wives of any football fan base can be described like this? 50%, at least. 

My wife is a "fan" but more for the social aspect than truly being hardcore into the games. She will watch, if convenient, but will often miss large portions of the game to go shopping or whatever.

Claiming Steeler fans "don't watch football" is moronic. They are some of the most ardent "watchers" you will find.   And this is no knock on Jag fan; just trying to be accurate here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2018, 01:18 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Well, glad you're enjoying the Beaches....but you should left your towel in Pa.
Go JAGS!

note to tack and clots fans.......take some lessons from Steelers Beaches on how to be nice
here in Jag's world

No, the towels came down with us. And, yes, some Jag fans have not been big fans when we wave them at games, but most are quite friendly overall, even when we twirl the Terrible Towels.

But in all honesty, I do feel it is rude to obstruct other fans' vision of the field by the twirling; I try to be cognizant of that when I twirl. There is a trick to it. And, my God, don't ever have a towel actually make contact with an opposing fan's face - that is not cool in any way.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 07:08 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(11-16-2018, 06:09 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 11:41 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Steelers have a bunch of fans who dont even watch football. Bandwagon wives of guys who are steeler fans.

How did you form this [BLEEP] conclusion? And, how many wives of any football fan base can be described like this? 50%, at least. 

My wife is a "fan" but more for the social aspect than truly being hardcore into the games. She will watch, if convenient, but will often miss large portions of the game to go shopping or whatever.

Claiming Steeler fans "don't watch football" is moronic. They are some of the most ardent "watchers" you will find.   And this is no knock on Jag fan; just trying to be accurate here.

Not at all saying steeler fans dont watch football. 
Only saying that it seems to me, of all the nfl teams, steelers have alot of wagon riders who know nothing except what they see on fakebook. Maybe its just in my area. No offense

All teams have wagon riders. My wife is a titans fan. Watches games with me unless she doesnt. She probably more so hopes they do good since it affects my mood.
But she isnt going to wear a bunch of titans gear and have the titans license plate and talk a bunch of titans talk.
Steeler "fans" do
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 07:36 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-16-2018, 06:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 06:09 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: How did you form this [BLEEP] conclusion? And, how many wives of any football fan base can be described like this? 50%, at least. 

Not at all saying steeler fans dont watch football. 
Only saying that it seems to me, of all the nfl teams, steelers have alot of wagon riders who know nothing except what they see on fakebook. Maybe its just in my area. No offense

All teams have wagon riders. My wife is a titans fan. Watches games with me unless she doesnt. She probably more so hopes they do good since it affects my mood.
But she isnt going to wear a bunch of titans gear and have the titans license plate and talk a bunch of titans talk.
Steeler "fans" do

You just described my wife. Although, my mood doesn't change with how the Jags play. Doing so could easily get one diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 08:36 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(11-16-2018, 07:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 06:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Not at all saying steeler fans dont watch football. 

Steeler "fans" do

You just described my wife. Although, my mood doesn't change with how the Jags play. Doing so could easily get one diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Hahaha yeah games used to have more of an effect on me. I learned to move on. Got used to it i guess. The wins still feel pretty good though. I'm still riding that patriots beatdown

I guess my point was the steelers are the "cool kids" team. Like back in high school all the kids wore harley davidson shirts even though they probably never even seen one, much less rode one. And dont get me started on the biker jackets

(11-16-2018, 08:32 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 07:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You just described my wife. Although, my mood doesn't change with how the Jags play. Doing so could easily get one diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Hahaha yeah games used to have more of an effect on me. I learned to move on. Got used to it i guess. The wins still feel pretty good though. I'm still riding that patriots beatdown

I guess my point was the steelers are the "cool kids" team. Like back in high school all the kids wore harley davidson shirts even though they probably never even seen one, much less rode one. And dont get me started on the biker jackets

Except when the "cool kids"" are actually from western PA.

(11-16-2018, 07:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 06:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Not at all saying steeler fans dont watch football. 

Steeler "fans" do

I try to be more even-keeled from Steelers wins and losses, but the truth is, if they lose, NFL coverage bums me out that week, especially the night after a loss. But if they win, I can't get enough NFL media. Well, that may be a tad of an exaggeration.

(11-17-2018, 02:10 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 07:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You just described my wife. Although, my mood doesn't change with how the Jags play. Doing so could easily get one diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

I try to be more even-keeled from Steelers wins and losses, but the truth is, if they lose, NFL coverage bums me out that week, especially the night after a loss. But if they win, I can't get enough NFL media. Well, that may be a tad of an exaggeration.

I do this as well. Except for us small market fans, it doesnt really make a difference if we win or lose nfl media isnt saying much. But i will watch other teams more after a win than a loss. A bad loss makes me skip football completely until the next wk.

(11-16-2018, 08:32 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:

I don't know where you live but it sounds atypical to me. Any where I have been, you can take Steeler fans at face value; they don't have poser fans like Dallas and Pats. If someone is wearing Steelers' gear, odds are they will know the team well, inside and out. My wife, for instance, is a girly girl - she likes accessorizing her Steeler outfits and jewelry as much as anything else. But she can name most starters, albeit not all their positions. She could probably name/point out Ben, Conner, Ju Ju, Big Al, Brown, Pouncey, Heyward, Jesse James....but not everyone.

(11-17-2018, 03:13 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 02:10 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I try to be more even-keeled from Steelers wins and losses, but the truth is, if they lose, NFL coverage bums me out that week, especially the night after a loss. But if they win, I can't get enough NFL media. Well, that may be a tad of an exaggeration.

I do this as well. Except for us small market fans, it doesnt really make a difference if we win or lose nfl media isnt saying much. But i will watch other teams more after a win than a loss. A bad loss makes me skip football completely until the next wk.

I try not to let a loss ruin my NFL viewing, because I love it so much. A lot of Steeler fans say, "I only watch Steeler games" but that doesn't describe me at all. I love all NFL except for total crap games, which we do have. Plus, playing fantasy makes we watch games as well. I can't say I ever skipped watching a whole week of football after a loss, but I am somewhat deflated for a while. And even after a loss (even to the Jags) I still sport my Steeler shirts when I go out. Speaking of the fair weather fan types, as you mentioned in this thread, I think the definition is those who stop wearing their team's gear after a loss. As a matter of fact, wearing Steeler shirts gets conversations going, from Steeler fans AND non-Steeler fans alike. People will strike up a conversation at the gym, constantly,and it's a lot of fun. People, in general, are so much friendlier down here, compared to up north. In Western PA, the majority of people are angry.

(11-16-2018, 06:09 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:

Dude, you need a better wife.  Big Grin  I am one of those rare wives that actually watches football and I have a husband who could take it or leave it. And I've now lived in NC seven years and keep getting asked when I'm going to become a Panther fan. The people who ask me this don't know jack about being a true team fan. Good, bad and ugly I am and will always be a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. 

Good luck on NOT winning the game! I also miss the days of the AFC Central division. Those were the days.

I used to get bummed out about a loss, but that decade of losing, especially that last five years of total futility, beat it out of me. Last year's anomaly didn't flip me back, either. So, this year's miserable season didn't really come as surprise for me. More like, "of course".

(11-17-2018, 05:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 06:09 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: How did you form this [BLEEP] conclusion? And, how many wives of any football fan base can be described like this? 50%, at least. 

Dude, you need a better wife.  Big Grin  I am one of those rare wives that actually watches football and I have a husband who could take it or leave it. And I've now lived in NC seven years and keep getting asked when I'm going to become a Panther fan. The people who ask me this don't know jack about being a true team fan. Good, bad and ugly I am and will always be a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. 

Good luck on NOT winning the game! I also miss the days of the AFC Central division. Those were the days.
No, my wife is great, she's just a girlie girl and those types only get so so into the actual nuts and bolts of the game. Once I tried to layout team positions, so she would know the difference between a safety, CB, LB, DT and she could not have been less interested in even knowing. But she wears her Steelers' jeans, jewelry, t-shirts, etc and sure likes hanging with the crew and she puts up with me being a freak so it's all good. 

Good luck on you NOT winning the game!

(11-17-2018, 05:47 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I used to get bummed out about a loss, but that decade of losing, especially that last five years of total futility, beat it out of me. Last year's anomaly didn't flip me back, either. So, this year's miserable season didn't really come as surprise for me.  More like, "of course".

I can certainly relate, having been a Chargers fan since 1979. You get to a point where you don't get too up after a win and too down after a loss. Also, as you get older most of us learn to put things in perspective. It's simply too exhausting to be on a rollercoaster ride each week with your team.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 08:22 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-17-2018, 03:21 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 08:32 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Hahaha yeah games used to have more of an effect on me. I learned to move on. Got used to it i guess. The wins still feel pretty good though. I'm still riding that patriots beatdown

I don't know where you live but it sounds atypical to me. Any where I have been, you can take Steeler fans at face value; they don't have poser fans like Dallas and Pats. If someone is wearing Steelers' gear, odds are they will know the team well, inside and out. My wife, for instance, is a girly girl - she likes accessorizing her Steeler outfits and jewelry as much as anything else. But she can name most starters, albeit not all their positions. She could probably name/point out Ben, Conner, Ju Ju, Big Al, Brown, Pouncey, Heyward, Jesse James....but not everyone.

Yeah you guys do. I have liked a couple of your posts, but my experience with steelers fans has mostly been with obnoxious drunks. Either way, good for you to stay classy.

(11-17-2018, 07:57 PM)jachba Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 05:47 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I used to get bummed out about a loss, but that decade of losing, especially that last five years of total futility, beat it out of me. Last year's anomaly didn't flip me back, either. So, this year's miserable season didn't really come as surprise for me.  More like, "of course".

I can certainly relate, having been a Chargers fan since 1979. You get to a point where you don't get too up after a win and too down after a loss. Also, as you get older most of us learn to put things in perspective. It's simply too exhausting to be on a rollercoaster ride each week with your team.

Agree with both of you. Vic used to talk about having perspective, and I think that was helpful to me. 10 years of losing also forced it on me. I enjoy when the team is good, but I don't let them being bad get me too down.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Being a Florida team, we always have a large contingency of visiting team fans at the games. Eagles fans are obnoxious [BLEEP] holes. Multiple fights in the stands are always guaranteed when Philly is in town. Bills fans are broken in an odd, very weird, mental sort of way. Patriots fans will diminish greatly in number once Belichik or Brady is removed from the equation. I like Steelers fans. They're loud, proud and mostly good-natured. I consider them the drunken Will Ferrells of fandom.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 08:49 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(11-17-2018, 05:17 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 03:13 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I do this as well. Except for us small market fans, it doesnt really make a difference if we win or lose nfl media isnt saying much. But i will watch other teams more after a win than a loss. A bad loss makes me skip football completely until the next wk.

I try not to let a loss ruin my NFL viewing, because I love it so much. A lot of Steeler fans say, "I only watch Steeler games" but that doesn't describe me at all. I love all NFL except for total crap games, which we do have. Plus, playing fantasy makes we watch games as well. I can't say I ever skipped watching a whole week of football after a loss, but I am somewhat deflated for a while. And even after a loss (even to the Jags) I still sport my Steeler shirts when I go out. Speaking of the fair weather fan types, as you mentioned in this thread, I think the definition is those who stop wearing their team's gear after a loss. As a matter of fact, wearing Steeler shirts gets conversations going, from Steeler fans AND non-Steeler fans alike. People will strike up a conversation at the gym, constantly,and it's a lot of fun. People, in general, are so much friendlier down here, compared to up north. In Western PA, the majority of people are angry.

To clarify, i said a bad loss. For example, last years jags beatdown of your steelers when ben was thinking of retiring because he stunk it up so bad. If i were a steelers fan, after that one, i wouldnt have wanted to watch the next game that day after watching my team get embarrassed like that. So i would do something else. Then after a few days i would start looking forward to the next game. I wouldnt stop being a fan, just take a break to forget about such a bad loss

(11-17-2018, 05:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

You need a better husband  Big Grin

(11-15-2018, 11:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I won’t ever forget that shovel pass to Bettis in overtime. Or the 20-6 pounding Brunell put on y’all after his knee injury on MNF. Or the 9-0 donut squiggly game on prime time. Or the time when Darius punished Bettis. Or when Ward pulled Nelson to cause a pass interference. Or when Ben hung in on 3rd and long with Henderson all over him to throw a first down. Or when Ben shook Garrard’s hand after we beat Pittsburgh. Or the year we beat y’all twice at Pit. Or when Taylor ran for 234 yards and scored 4 times.

No matter what the record is, the Jags Pit game has been and always will be our biggest Rivalry.

It all goes back in history when we were in the AFC Central. It’s bigger than the Titans game in my opinion bc Pit was our first original Rivalry game.

Jags win 30-28

Wont forget blocked kicked returned for TD, Cowhers reaction as Jags player (?) passed him.  Was in North endzone and he ran it straight at me.

(11-18-2018, 02:53 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 11:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I won’t ever forget that shovel pass to Bettis in overtime. Or the 20-6 pounding Brunell put on y’all after his knee injury on MNF. Or the 9-0 donut squiggly game on prime time. Or the time when Darius punished Bettis. Or when Ward pulled Nelson to cause a pass interference. Or when Ben hung in on 3rd and long with Henderson all over him to throw a first down. Or when Ben shook Garrard’s hand after we beat Pittsburgh. Or the year we beat y’all twice at Pit. Or when Taylor ran for 234 yards and scored 4 times.

No matter what the record is, the Jags Pit game has been and always will be our biggest Rivalry.

It all goes back in history when we were in the AFC Central. It’s bigger than the Titans game in my opinion bc Pit was our first original Rivalry game.

Jags win 30-28

Wont forget blocked kicked returned for TD, Cowhers reaction as Jags player (?) passed him.  Was in North endzone and he ran it straight at me.

Chris Hudson, I think.

Yup, Hudson.