Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins (MERGED)

I would love to see the Jaguars get Haskins.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I really think Haskins will declare. He is a confident kid and after today's incident on the sideline with Urban Meyer, I really believe there is a huge chance Meyer retires at the end of this season. For those of you that haven't heard, Meyer has been diagnosed with cysts on his brain. The give him horrible headaches out of nowhere where the man nearly collapses. The incidents seem to be occurring more frequently during games and he seemed to have a bad one today. He said he would coach as long as he physically can, but IMO, the end of the road seems clear. If stress is triggering this terrible pain, he needs to reassess how important football is. It's hard to watch him almost collapse and I don't even know the guy. Imagine how his family feels. If that were my dad, I'd certainly want him to cut the stress from his life.

Pass, another Cardel Jones, Jamarcus Russell

(11-18-2018, 01:21 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Pass, another Cardel Jones, Jamarcus Russell

Not even close.

Idk Lock looked pretty good today. Not saying he is better than the rest but he is not dog poop.

I think Dwayne Haskins is going to be projected as a top 15 guy, but I think he'll end up being the best pro quarterback. He's big, patient in the pocket, strong arm and accurate. He basically threw the offense on his back and won that Maryland game. I'm excited to see him play Michigan this weekend.

Haskins is the guy I want. It's hard to find a pro comparison, but I see similarities between him and Carson Wentz. I think Haskins would revive the franchise.

(11-21-2018, 09:45 AM)MoJo44 Wrote: I think Dwayne Haskins is going to be projected as a top 15 guy, but I think he'll end up being the best pro quarterback. He's big, patient in the pocket, strong arm and accurate. He basically threw the offense on his back and won that Maryland game. I'm excited to see him play Michigan this weekend.

Haskins is the guy I want. It's hard to find a pro comparison, but I see similarities between him and Carson Wentz. I think Haskins would revive the franchise.

I hope you are correct and that the Jaguars select him in the first round. At this point, he is ahead of Locke and Grier on my list based on his strengths.

I guess I’m alone on the Lock hill on this board.
CBS compares him to Stafford and says he’s the QB1 of this draft.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=w...3241649437

(11-21-2018, 12:14 PM)JNev Wrote: I guess I’m alone on the Lock hill on this board.

Naw, I like Lock a good bit as well.  Would rather Grier but a Lock or Herbert draft would be decent.

(11-21-2018, 12:14 PM)JNev Wrote: I guess I’m alone on the Lock hill on this board.

I don't hate him, I just like Herbert and Haskins a lot more. Lock and Grier are neck and neck for my #3 spot.

(11-18-2018, 01:21 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Pass, another Cardel Jones, Jamarcus Russell
Sweet. 2 black QBs. Great comps.

(11-21-2018, 09:45 AM)MoJo44 Wrote: I think Dwayne Haskins is going to be projected as a top 15 guy, but I think he'll end up being the best pro quarterback. He's big, patient in the pocket, strong arm and accurate. He basically threw the offense on his back and won that Maryland game. I'm excited to see him play Michigan this weekend.

I think Jimmy Garoppolo is a good comparison.

I wonder how legit his 6'3" height is?

He's been pretty good this year. My only concern is just his lack of overall starting experience. He was a red shirt freshman in 2016. Played a little last year in 2017. But so far in his 11 games this year he's been pretty consistent. I don't know how high his stock will go between now and the combine but if he's available they need to give him a good look. The main thing I like about him is his accuracy and massive TD-INT ratio.

That normally translates well into the NFL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He's having a big first half against arguably, the best defense in the NCAA (Michigan)

The Jags scouts have been to 5 Ohio State games this year. With New York all over Herbert, Haskins might be our guy.

If Haskins ends up being a Garrard as a floor... thats good enough to win a superbowl with our defense so long as Fournette stays healthy. And if he reaches his potential...
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(11-24-2018, 05:45 PM)Firesky Wrote: And if he reaches his potential...

Then the sky is the limit. His potential is through the roof. He can make all of the throws and — as he proved today against Michigan’s #1 defense — he can slay when it matters most. He’s the anti-Bortles. Haskins is a straight baller.

I so hope we draft him.

It's Ohio State boys... When has a good "NFL" QB ever come from Ohio State??

(11-24-2018, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's Ohio State boys... When has a good "NFL" QB ever come from Ohio State??
He just broke the Big Ten record for TDS and Passing yards in a season.

Ryan came from BC. Brees from Purdue. Went from SD.

QBs come from all over.