Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins (MERGED)

(02-28-2019, 11:55 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Haskins is still my favorite way to go for the Jags at QB.

If they go with Foles, I hope they trade down, accumulate picks, take Grier to develop and load up on offensive supporting cast.

There are other options that represent an upgrade to Bortles, but these are the two that I’d be most excited about.

How would you feel about Haskins AND Foles?
I’ve posted that I’m into that long shot as well - and it’s possible. I just think it’s a slim chance as someone else may move up above 7 for Haskins. I wouldn’t pay Foles AND spend draft capital to move up for Haskins. If he’s there at 7 - it would be really tough not to snag him for me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019, 02:12 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

(02-28-2019, 01:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 11:55 AM)Dimson Wrote: How would you feel about Haskins AND Foles?
I’ve posted that I’m into that long shot as well - and it’s possible. I just think it’s a slim chance as someone else may move up above 7 for Haskins. I wouldn’t pay Foles AND spend draft capital to move up for Haskins. If he’s there at 7 - it would be really tough not to snag him for me.

Are you opposed to moving up in the draft to get haskins? He's my #1 right now. To me, his personality seems like a better fit with this team. I think he could lead better than Murray. Murray seems too reserved. But that's just me, I could be way off.  

Murray's arm seems to be way better, but I worry about his height and now hand size. I know how I sound when I say that, but it's important. All of the short QBs have large hands. Wilson, brees, I think even Mayfield's hands were big. 

I'm in the boat to move up to 3 or 4 and draft haskins. I know with our draft history, that is risky. But we have to get our franchise qb. I'm so tired of not having ours.....

As an update to my previous response, I just checked haskins hand size..... they are small too... that worries me a little now.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-28-2019, 02:07 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 01:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’ve posted that I’m into that long shot as well - and it’s possible. I just think it’s a slim chance as someone else may move up above 7 for Haskins. I wouldn’t pay Foles AND spend draft capital to move up for Haskins. If he’s there at 7 - it would be really tough not to snag him for me.

Are you opposed to moving up in the draft to get haskins? He's my #1 right now. To me, his personality seems like a better fit with this team. I think he could lead better than Murray. Murray seems too reserved. But that's just me, I could be way off.  

Murray's arm seems to be way better, but I worry about his height and now hand size. I know how I sound when I say that, but it's important. All of the short QBs have large hands. Wilson, brees, I think even Mayfield's hands were big. 

I'm in the boat to move up to 3 or 4 and draft haskins. I know with our draft history, that is risky. But we have to get our franchise qb. I'm so tired of not having ours.....

As an update to my previous response, I just checked haskins hand size..... they are small too... that worries me a little now.

I’m good with moving up for Haskins as long as it’s a fair, “textbook” deal. The Jags still need picks to round out the offense. Can’t give up the farm. 

I wouldn’t hate a Murray pick AT 7 - (no moving up for him) but they’d really have to go all in on the O-line with other draft picks and in free agency. He’ll need better protection than the other QB candidates IMO.

(02-28-2019, 01:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’ve posted that I’m into that long shot as well - and it’s possible. I just think it’s a slim chance as someone else may move up above 7 for Haskins. I wouldn’t pay Foles AND spend draft capital to move up for Haskins. If he’s there at 7 - it would be really tough not to snag him for me.

9 5/8 is not small.

(02-28-2019, 03:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 02:07 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Are you opposed to moving up in the draft to get haskins? He's my #1 right now. To me, his personality seems like a better fit with this team. I think he could lead better than Murray. Murray seems too reserved. But that's just me, I could be way off.  

9 5/8 is not small.
Not even close to being small. His hands are just as big, if not bigger than most starting QBs in the NFL right now.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Plot twist.

Haskins' hands are bigger than Mayfields. And Mahomes...and handful of other QBs in the league that have been successful.

(02-28-2019, 03:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 02:07 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Are you opposed to moving up in the draft to get haskins? He's my #1 right now. To me, his personality seems like a better fit with this team. I think he could lead better than Murray. Murray seems too reserved. But that's just me, I could be way off.  

9 5/8 is not small.

That's what she said

(02-28-2019, 09:43 PM)roycee Wrote:

Plot twist.

Haskins' hands are bigger than Mayfields. And Mahomes...and handful of other QBs in the league that have been successful.

Mind=Blown

go get him!

https://youtu.be/Ooil4h65XGQ

(03-02-2019, 05:56 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: go get him!

https://youtu.be/Ooil4h65XGQ

He's such a natural thrower.

Do whatever it takes to get him please.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019, 07:48 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/carlymersky/status/1...68992?s=19

Lol

https://twitter.com/carlymersky/status/1...34661?s=19

Pass. Too much baby fat. Runs slow. When he stands, he legs are bowed in making his knees touch. Stidham is gonna be the best QB in this draft.

Guess we can just unfollow this thread now.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019, 08:14 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Sad Sad Sad Sad 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-04-2019, 09:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I feel your pain. I was looking forward to possibly drafting Haskins.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019, 06:56 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

I guess everyone including haskins believes it's just Foles...

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 12:39 PM by rpr52121.)

Yeah he definitely is a guy I'd love for them to draft.
No Fun

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-...heir-team/

We can only hope a team would trade up for Haskins because Murray and Lock will probably be gone before we pick. I think Murray goes to either Ari or Oak and NYG gets the best QB in the draft in Lock. I'm thinking Haskins goes to Mia at 13 but would love it if they would trade up for him

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 04:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Haskins first career TD was epic. To the Giants safety