Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 12

Hopefully, everyone reading this thread is in the midst of a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday.

If only the joy wished above reflected in the standings for the Jaguars, who controlled most of the game last week and still managed to lose to the Steelers.  The defending AFCC South champs are in dead last.  Ugh.  That reality is as distasteful as any fruit cake you would get this holiday season.  The Texans and Colts have been on absolute tears, with the division leading Texans reeling off seven straight wins after starting 0-3, while the Colts have won five straight, crushing the tacks last week.  The tacks are once again dealing with an injury to Marcus Mariota, who is recovering from a stinger.

My picks this year have caused me indigestion.  Usually I get off to slow starts then come on later.  But this year, I have yet to make that turn, and my struggles have lingered.  The season isn't over, so hopefully I can still turn it around.

On to this week's picks.

Jaguars (3-7) at Bills (3-7)-By no means did I envision the Jaguars being at 3-7 going into this season.  Under normal circumstances, when it becomes obvious the team will not make the playoffs, I do not object to the Jaguars losing down the stretch because it improves draft position.  However, my buddy is an obnoxious Bills fan, and we wager a dinner on the game every time the Bills are on our schedule.  He has taken glee in the Jaguars demise.  If anything will take some of the sting off of this season, it would be beating the Bills.  Buffalo welcomes Back rookie QB Josh Allen, who was the target of sharp criticism from Jalen Ramsey.  However, besides him being rested from being out a few weeks and enjoying the bye week last week, the same things that hindered him earlier in the season (no speed at WR and a bad OL) are still there.  But the Jaguars have many of the same issues offensively.  Only Bortles is an experienced QB.  Moreover, Buffalo has performed better defensively than the Jaguars.  Though the Jaguars have played better offensively since Fournette has returned, I don't think we have enough to knock off the Bills in Buffahole.  In an indigestion producing pick, the Bills beat the Jaguars 17-13.

Dolphins (5-5) at Colts (5-5)  With Luck having enough arm strength to be a positive factor at QB, and their new GM filling in enough holes in the OL for him to operate, the Colts are riding a five game winning streak at home facing the Dolphins.  The Colts (5th in scoring) are far superior offensively to the Dolphins (26th in scoring).  Worse for Miami, The Colts' OL is a superb unit overall and is particularly adept at run blocking.  Miami can not stop the run at all (29th). Colts squish the fish 26-20.

tacks (5-5) at Tinhorns (7-3)-Another matchup featuring widely disparate levels of offensive productivity.  The tacks travel to Houston with a banged up QB to face a red hot Houston team.  The tacks somehow won their early season matchup being down to their 3rd RT.  I don't see that happening at all this week.  Tinhorns win 24-14.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  15-18

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bills, colts, texans.

Bills because the Jaguars suck. colts because the dolphins suck, texans because the titans suck.

Not playing the pickem game, but figured this thread is as good as any.  I have a strong suspicion that the "Tacks vs. Tinhorns," will be about Deshaun Watson playing fantastic or terrible.  For some reason I feel the game will be a very convincing win, but I'm not sure which way it will go.  Either Vrabel will take advantage of his Texans prior knowledge to hold the offensive down and capitalize on turnovers, or Watson will blow them out.

Jags
Colts
Tacks

16-18
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Texans

Colts

Bills

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Jags
Colts
Texans
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

11-23 overall

Jaguars over Bills
Dolphins over Colts
Titans over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Week # 11 results: 2-1

18-15 overall official ( 19-15 unofficial )

Week # 12 Selections:

Buffalo
Indianapolis
Houston

Jaguars
Colts
Texans

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 12:28 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-23-2018, 01:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Hopefully, everyone reading this thread is in the midst of a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday.

If only the joy wished above reflected in the standings for the Jaguars, who controlled most of the game last week and still managed to lose to the Steelers.  The defending AFCC South champs are in dead last.  Ugh.  That reality is as distasteful as any fruit cake you would get this holiday season.  The Texans and Colts have been on absolute tears, with the division leading Texans reeling off seven straight wins after starting 0-3, while the Colts have won five straight, crushing the tacks last week.  The tacks are once again dealing with an injury to Marcus Mariota, who is recovering from a stinger.

My picks this year have caused me indigestion.  Usually I get off to slow starts then come on later.  But this year, I have yet to make that turn, and my struggles have lingered.  The season isn't over, so hopefully I can still turn it around.

On to this week's picks.

Jaguars (3-7) at Bills (3-7)-By no means did I envision the Jaguars being at 3-7 going into this season.  Under normal circumstances, when it becomes obvious the team will not make the playoffs, I do not object to the Jaguars losing down the stretch because it improves draft position.  However, my buddy is an obnoxious Bills fan, and we wager a dinner on the game every time the Bills are on our schedule.  He has taken glee in the Jaguars demise.  If anything will take some of the sting off of this season, it would be beating the Bills.  Buffalo welcomes Back rookie QB Josh Allen, who was the target of sharp criticism from Jalen Ramsey.  However, besides him being rested from being out a few weeks and enjoying the bye week last week, the same things that hindered him earlier in the season (no speed at WR and a bad OL) are still there.  But the Jaguars have many of the same issues offensively.  Only Bortles is an experienced QB.  Moreover, Buffalo has performed better defensively than the Jaguars.  Though the Jaguars have played better offensively since Fournette has returned, I don't think we have enough to knock off the Bills in Buffahole.  In an indigestion producing pick, the Bills beat the Jaguars 17-13.

Dolphins (5-5) at Colts (5-5)  With Luck having enough arm strength to be a positive factor at QB, and their new GM filling in enough holes in the OL for him to operate, the Colts are riding a five game winning streak at home facing the Dolphins.  The Colts (5th in scoring) are far superior offensively to the Dolphins (26th in scoring).  Worse for Miami, The Colts' OL is a superb unit overall and is particularly adept at run blocking.  Miami can not stop the run at all (29th). Colts squish the fish 26-20.

tacks (5-5) at Tinhorns (7-3)-Another matchup featuring widely disparate levels of offensive productivity.  The tacks travel to Houston with a banged up QB to face a red hot Houston team.  The tacks somehow won their early season matchup being down to their 3rd RT.  I don't see that happening at all this week.  Tinhorns win 24-14.

Jags
Colts
Tinhorns
last week 1-2
16-14 overall.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Bills colts tacks
18-15

Wow, what throw on that last drive by Luck to get in fg range. Just think. We could have drafted that franchise qb but the jags decided to win meaningless games instead of tank. Front office drafted Justin blackmon

(11-25-2018, 08:25 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Wow, what throw on that last drive by Luck to get in fg range. Just think. We could have drafted that franchise qb but the jags decided to win meaningless games instead of tank. Front office drafted Justin blackmon

Maybe they'll win a meaningless game or two this season...

(11-23-2018, 06:15 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags
Colts
Tacks

16-18

question for you. when jags were winning games you pocked againest them earlier this year. now that they are loseing you keep picking them to win? 

may question is why pick jags when they are loseing games,and not a winning team,but yet when they are a winning team you pick agianest them?

I belieave you picked the Giants,jets,and pats to beat the jags. the last few weeks though you been picking jacksonville.

(11-26-2018, 12:47 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 06:15 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags
Colts
Tacks

16-18

question for you. when jags were winning games you pocked againest them earlier this year. now that they are loseing you keep picking them to win? 

may question is why pick jags when they are loseing games,and not a winning team,but yet when they are a winning team you pick agianest them?

I belieave you picked the Giants,jets,and pats to beat the jags. the last few weeks though you been picking jacksonville.

Guess i thought the jags were surely good enough not to lose 7 games in a row. 
I will go back to picking against them next wk  Undecided

(11-26-2018, 03:00 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 12:47 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: question for you. when jags were winning games you pocked againest them earlier this year. now that they are loseing you keep picking them to win? 

As much as I hate to say it... picking against the Jaguars is probably the safe bet for the rest of the season.   Sad

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-26-2018, 03:00 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 12:47 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: question for you. when jags were winning games you pocked againest them earlier this year. now that they are loseing you keep picking them to win? 

Me too, if we could do it against buffalo, Idk who we can beat.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-23-2018, 01:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Hopefully, everyone reading this thread is in the midst of a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday.

On to this week's picks.

This week: 3-0
Overall: 18-18

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

3-0 this week 

20-17 overall

(11-23-2018, 03:16 PM)cland Wrote: Not playing the pickem game, but figured this thread is as good as any.  I have a strong suspicion that the "Tacks vs. Tinhorns," will be about Deshaun Watson playing fantastic or terrible.  For some reason I feel the game will be a very convincing win, but I'm not sure which way it will go.  Either Vrabel will take advantage of his Texans prior knowledge to hold the offensive down and capitalize on turnovers, or Watson will blow them out.

Not too bad of a prediction. If the Texans keep their offense rolling from here on out they could make noise in the playoffs.