Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Attendance

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 08:50 PM by shadowjag01.)

Have you seen the stands in Tampa? Wow. We shouldn't have a thing to worry about.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't have any "Statistics" to back anything up but every game I've turned on this year, I've thought there's a lot of empty seats. Maybe they've built these stadiums just a little to big to sustain crowds that big year after year?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-25-2018, 08:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I don't have any "Statistics" to back anything up but every game I've turned on this year, I've thought there's a lot of empty seats. Maybe they've built these stadiums just a little to big to sustain crowds that big year after year?

Live sporting events are in a general decline with the NFL suffering multiple PR issues the last two years.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-25-2018, 08:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I don't have any "Statistics" to back anything up but every game I've turned on this year, I've thought there's a lot of empty seats. Maybe they've built these stadiums just a little to big to sustain crowds that big year after year?

Maybe continually jacked up salaries being passed onto ticket prices have driven consumers away.  Why spend 200+ on a ticket and concessions for a family of 2 when you can sit in relative splendor in your own home?  I evacuated from NC for hurricane Florence and managed to snag 2 tickets for the Pats game (GREAT game btw).  It was great watching the beatdown but between temps and prices it was insane.  The atmosphere was great but good lord, I couldn't do that for more than one game a year.  Add in losing 4-6 home games a year?  Nah.....i'll stay at home.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Wait until you see the seats at the bank this weekend.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-26-2018, 11:45 AM)FBT Wrote: Wait until you see the seats at the bank this weekend.

I'm really trying hard to talk myself into going.  So far that side is losing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Hell, I can't even motivate myself to go BWW/watch online half the time anymore. Usually i'll spare a glance at my phone every now and then. I couldn't help but laugh when we went from 1st and goal to Lambo missing a 40 yard FG....#becauseJaguars

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

If I had to guess - Cost of the game day experience, 4k tv, smart tv, location, schedules(my excuse I work Sundays), scandals, and maybe even rule changes. I know the full body weight thing and the new emphasis on lowering the helmet is just off putting. The sad part is recent discoveries show its the routine hits (like linemen colliding off the snap) that are doing the damage. I know if the rules get any more pro-offense level of ridiculous in the name of "player safety", it might be time to take a break. The only way the NFL knows they are screwing up is when the customers stop showing up to games.

I'm going to my first game since giving up my season tickets 2 years ago this Sunday. I bought them earlier this year during the pre-season hype. In the past 2 years we have used our football ticket money to travel and go to concerts. Funny thing is, I never leave a concert or return home from a trip feeling like I wasted my time/ money. I regularly felt that way as a season ticket holder for 12 years.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Don't go to the stadium unless you want to get sick. Buy a nice 75" 4k tv and you'll be good.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_...bank-field

(11-26-2018, 09:27 AM)NCJag Wrote:

Maybe continually jacked up salaries being passed onto ticket prices have driven consumers away.  Why spend 200+ on a ticket and concessions for a family of 2 when you can sit in relative splendor in your own home?  I evacuated from NC for hurricane Florence and managed to snag 2 tickets for the Pats game (GREAT game btw).  It was great watching the beatdown but between temps and prices it was insane.  The atmosphere was great but good lord, I couldn't do that for more than one game a year.  Add in losing 4-6 home games a year?  Nah.....i'll stay at home.

Just a minor point here, but salaries do not drive ticket prices.  In a free market, prices are set by supply and demand, with the goal of maximizing revenue.   In other words, NFL teams set their ticket prices as high as they can, just like you would price any product.   If you can sell it for more, you will sell it for more.   

If you're selling widgets for $10 each, and you find out you can sell them for $12 each, then you raise the price to $12.   The NFL is trying to figure out what the market will bear in terms of ticket prices.  I agree with you that they have overshot the mark, especially for a losing team.  But it has nothing to do with player salaries.  In fact, it's the opposite.   Player salaries are set by revenues, of which ticket prices are a small part.

(12-13-2018, 01:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Don't go to the stadium unless you want to get sick. Buy a nice 75" 4k tv and you'll be good.

The only thing making people sick is your posts.
Huh

(12-13-2018, 01:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Don't go to the stadium unless you want to get sick. Buy a nice 75" 4k tv and you'll be good.

Cotton balls mommy must have let him back on the computer. He's in with another quality post.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-13-2018, 02:23 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 09:27 AM)NCJag Wrote: Maybe continually jacked up salaries being passed onto ticket prices have driven consumers away.  Why spend 200+ on a ticket and concessions for a family of 2 when you can sit in relative splendor in your own home?  I evacuated from NC for hurricane Florence and managed to snag 2 tickets for the Pats game (GREAT game btw).  It was great watching the beatdown but between temps and prices it was insane.  The atmosphere was great but good lord, I couldn't do that for more than one game a year.  Add in losing 4-6 home games a year?  Nah.....i'll stay at home.

Just a minor point here, but salaries do not drive ticket prices.  In a free market, prices are set by supply and demand, with the goal of maximizing revenue.   In other words, NFL teams set their ticket prices as high as they can, just like you would price any product.   If you can sell it for more, you will sell it for more.   

If you're selling widgets for $10 each, and you find out you can sell them for $12 each, then you raise the price to $12.   The NFL is trying to figure out what the market will bear in terms of ticket prices.  I agree with you that they have overshot the mark, especially for a losing team.  But it has nothing to do with player salaries.  In fact, it's the opposite.   Player salaries are set by revenues, of which ticket prices are a small part.

Rising ticket prices are almost always joined with winning. Jags tickets were some of the lowest in the league, probably still are, but after just 1 winning season did the prices not go up?

Teams will have to figure it out... perhaps wait until you have a waiting list to up your prices, considering how often teams will have just a single season or two of success before falling back to below the mean