Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
They're just gonna stack the box

Love the first pick. However, unless we go get a QB tomorrow, teams will just stack the box.

If we come away with a QB then we can be a dark horse for the playoffs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We should have tried to take back, even if we don't recoup the full value of the number 4 position.  Look how far J. Allen and OJ Howard dropped - and D. Cook.  Could have picked up a playmaker and extra picks.  

Kizer tomorrow to learn behind blake and henne

Get a grip

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 10:59 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

All I can say is I hope he is like Petterson.  If not it is a waste.  People got what they wanted.  Careful what ya wish for.  For me so far a nightmare.  Looks like Coughlin trying to relive Taylor Made days.   But Fournette is not close to Taylor.  A younger Ivory with a below average run blocking line.  Not good.  

But I will look at more of Fournette and hope can come to terms with he pick.  Because we have the worst qb in the division right now.  Hope blake can turn it around.  Or we have a plan for a better qb.   

A this point.  No telling.  I hate it when a division rival gets the best of us.  Cause anyone who thinks we can go 4-2 or higher during course of six games.  Is highly mistaken.  The browns look smarter than us right now.  

Will be no easy game in afc south now for us.   So I guess we are waiting till 2019 for our first winning season.  The issue with a rookie line.  Will b,  not ahead of the curve.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Love the first pick. However, unless we go get a QB tomorrow, teams will just stack the box.

If we come away with a QB then we can be a dark horse for the playoffs.

Which makes Bortles' job easier. I look forward to defenses stacking the box with ARob, Hurns, and Lee on the field.

It's the opposite. Teams didn't stack the box against us and we still couldn't run. I feel like when Blake is healthy and with proper coaching he will have his best season with a power running game behind a star running back. Just like MJD the offense flowed through the running back. We know we're capable of downfield plays. Teams never respect our play action.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Which makes Bortles' job easier. I look forward to defenses stacking the box with ARob, Hurns, and Lee on the field.
won't matter he will over throw or under throw or throw more ints.  He just had surgery on his fatigued arm for crying out loud.   The issue is with a stronger running game. Stats have shown blake loses more.  

I am trying to be optimistic and positive with the pick.  But it is really hard.  Top 5 money for a guy who can't jump and during games dropped alot of balls. In a NFL pass happy league.  At least not a punter right?

#Gojags

Quote:It's the opposite. Teams didn't stack the box against us and we still couldn't run. I feel like when Blake is healthy and with proper coaching he will have his best season with a power running game behind a star running back. Just like MJD the offense flowed through the running back. We know we're capable of downfield plays. Teams never respect our play action.
when mojo wont the afc rushing title we didn't go 500.  

#Gojags

Quote:won't matter he will over throw or under throw or throw more ints.  He just had surgery on his fatigued arm for crying out loud.   The issue is with a stronger running game. Stats have shown blake loses more.  

I am trying to be optimistic and positive with the pick.  But it is really hard.  Top 5 money for a guy who can't jump and during games dropped alot of balls. In a NFL pass happy league.  At least not a punter right?

Let's judge Blake by his last two games. With a fatigued arms he crushed the Titans. He played fairly well against the Colts too. I'm putting a lot of the blame on Olsen. If it's true he told Blake not to go to California and train, well that was a big mistake.

Quote:Kizer tomorrow to learn behind blake and henne

I'd take Kizer.

Quote:Let's judge Blake by his last two games. With a fatigued arms he crushed the Titans. He played fairly well against the Colts too. I'm putting a lot of the blame on Olsen. If it's true he told Blake not to go to California and train, well that was a big mistake.
Grant rushed over 100 yards right?  And did we win?  no.   That's what I mean.    And I was highly impressed against the tacks and beaten them.  But they just drafted hooker.  Why?  Because they needed to improve secondary.   What did drafting a power running back at 4 solve?  When we have a faster power running back  that has not done squat. 

#Gojags

Grant isn't Fournette. And Grant doesnt score TDs. Fournette will. As I recall, the Jags were leading late in that Indy. They couldn't convert a la first down with Grant . They will with Fournette.

Quote:Grant rushed over 100 yards right? And did we win? no. That's what I mean. And I was highly impressed against the tacks and beaten them. But they just drafted hooker. Why? Because they needed to improve secondary. What did drafting a power running back at 4 solve? When we have a faster power running back that has not done squat.

Blah blah blah, the sky is falling, we get it.

You relize all the QBs in this draft are Bortles, Gabbert types right.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Grant isn't Fournette. And Grant doesnt score TDs. Fournette will. As I recall, the Jags were leading late in that Indy. They couldn't convert a la first down with Grant . They will with Fournette.
We shall see.  Fournette will be either close to Ap or Trent Richardson or something in between.  Just hope our front office knows what they are doing.  Or be another losing season.  

#Gojags

Quote:Blah blah blah, the sky is falling, we get it.

You relize all the QBs in this draft are Bortles, Gabbert types right.
Yup the guy who blanked the National champs of a few years back and then over came all odds and beat bama.  Please remind me of that after houston whoops our tail.  Which i soo hope you are right.  But I don't feel that way as of now.  

#Gojags

Quote:Yup the guy who blanked the National champs of a few years back and then over came all odds and beat bama.  Please remind me of that after houston whoops our tail.  Which i soo hope you are right.  But I don't feel that way as of now.  

watson doesn't have the arm strength for the NFL

and don't even get me started on NFL qbs that come from spread offense systems..

first those offenses RUINED dominate offensive tackles.. gone are the days of boseli and so many others

second, they're messing with our quarterbacks now

Quote:Yup the guy who blanked the National champs of a few years back and then over came all odds and beat bama. Please remind me of that after houston whoops our tail. Which i soo hope you are right. But I don't feel that way as of now.

I'll trust the guys who evaluate players for a living and say that there are no franchise QBs in this draft.

Remind me of the QB the Texans drafted that ever amounted to anything.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:We shall see. Fournette will be either close to Ap or Trent Richardson or something in between. Just hope our front office knows what they are doing. Or be another losing season.

Waaaaaaah

Quote:We shall see.  Fournette will be either close to Ap or Trent Richardson or something in between.  Just hope our front office knows what they are doing.  Or be another losing season.

Comparing Fournette to Trent Richardson? Come on man! The big concern with Fournette is getting better blockers on the Ol. Hopefully that will be addressed tomorrow.