Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
N’Keal Harry

http://arizonasports.com/story/1750467/a...nfl-draft/

Looks like he made the smart decision to declare. If we are out of range for one of the top QBs I sure wouldn’t mind him as a fall back option.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we don’t get a QB, does it really matter?

Him good but I'd feel uncomfortable taking him top 10 in a class this deep. Not totally sure he is even WR1 this year

I think AJ Brown is better but we can’t afford to take a WR top overall IMO. It’s got to be QB or OL..I mean if he’s BPA then okay I guess, I’m just a guy in a career that has nothing to do with football
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I really think Marquise Brown had a shot to be the top WR selected, but he got injured in the Big 12 championship game and was on crutches. Depending on how serious the injury is, he might stay in school. When healthy, he kinda reminds me of Tyreek Hill.

LaQuon Treadwell 2.0

I'ma have to PASS on this WR.

(12-08-2018, 02:22 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: LaQuon Treadwell 2.0

I'ma have to PASS on this WR.

Based on?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I am beyond grateful that this year’s WR class is so deep. We can snag a first round talent at receiver in the 2nd to pair with our brand new QB

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 06:24 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-18-2018, 05:00 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I am beyond grateful that this year’s WR class is so deep. We can snag a first round talent at receiver in the 2nd to pair with our brand new QB

I wouldn't draft one until the 3rd round. We gotta upgrade the O-line with that 2nd round pick. There are some really good underclassmen WR's who have declared for the draft. We could find a potential star in round 3.

(12-18-2018, 06:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:00 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I am beyond grateful that this year’s WR class is so deep. We can snag a first round talent at receiver in the 2nd to pair with our brand new QB

I wouldn't draft one until the 3rd round. We gotta upgrade the O-line with that 2nd round pick. There are some really good underclassmen WR's who have declared for the draft. We could find a potential star in round 3.

Indeed.
Lee isn't going anywhere. Chark and Westbrook must be on the field.
Where's this WR going to get time?
Gonna spend his first year riding pine like Chark? That feels like a waste of a 1st or 2nd.

1 QB
2 OL
3 OL/TE
4 TE/OL
the rest is whatever. WR, LB, DB depth

Our draft shouldn't look much different than this lol
cheap free agency for anything else

(12-18-2018, 11:17 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wouldn't draft one until the 3rd round. We gotta upgrade the O-line with that 2nd round pick. There are some really good underclassmen WR's who have declared for the draft. We could find a potential star in round 3.

Indeed.
Lee isn't going anywhere. Chark and Westbrook must be on the field.
Where's this WR going to get time?
Gonna spend his first year riding pine like Chark? That feels like a waste of a 1st or 2nd.

1 QB
2 OL
3 OL/TE
4 TE/OL
the rest is whatever. WR, LB, DB depth

Our draft shouldn't look much different than this lol
cheap free agency for anything else

I think this is the situation they've put themselves in with the offensive roster. 
I'd love to see them snag another receiver that can contribute at some point as a rookie, but I don't know how you can justify drafting one before the 4th or 5th round. 
QB and the right side of the OL need attention before anything else. The only way they even take a WR in the 3rd or 4th round IMO, is if they feel really confident that Will Richardson is going to be a quality starter in 2019. 

I also have more confidence in Dede, Lee and Chark than a lot of folks around here. Especially if we field a line that buys them time to get open.

A true WR1 is the second most important need on this team.

I do like Harry but not sure I would take him over Brown or Metcalf though.

(12-18-2018, 03:53 PM)Upper Wrote: A true WR1 is the second most important need on this team.

Yeah, I get that lots of people feel that way.

I'd be certain to acquire the QB, at least one of the OL needs, and probably a TE before spending a pick on one in 2019 though. 

Sure to be a debated topic as the draft gets closer.

(12-18-2018, 03:53 PM)Upper Wrote: A true WR1 is the second most important need on this team.

Disagree. O-Line is, IMO.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 06:11 PM by knarnn.)

Agreed. I think this has been evident since week 1. Lee, at his best is a solid #2 and he’s coming off major knee surgery so it’s reasonable to expect a slow start from him. Dede looks to be a stud in the slot. We haven’t seen enough from Chark yet to confidently walk into next season with these 3 as our top wideouts. A true game changer at WR would help make any rookie QB better.

(12-18-2018, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do like Harry but not sure I would take him over Brown or Metcalf though.

Personally, I have Marquise Brown and A.J. Brown rated ahead of Harry as far as for mock purposes and when it comes to my own personal taste, I'd rate Parris Campbell and a recent underclassmen who declared, Preston Williams of Colorado State ahead of him as well. This is a very, very deep class. The top end lacks a truly elite type of receiver, but there is a huge amount of talented receivers in this draft who could make big impacts in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 06:20 PM by knarnn.)

(12-18-2018, 06:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Disagree. O-Line is, IMO.

I believe this O-line class is comparable to the one a few years back where you can find quality starting guards in the 3rd and later. The same may be true for WRs as well this year, albeit the planet theory guys will be gone early.

(12-18-2018, 06:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do like Harry but not sure I would take him over Brown or Metcalf though.

Personally, I have Marquise Brown and A.J. Brown rated ahead of Harry as far as for mock purposes and when it comes to my own personal taste, I'd rate Parris Campbell and a recent underclassmen who declared, Preston Williams of Colorado State ahead of him as well. This is a very, very deep class. The top end lacks a truly elite type of receiver, but there is a huge amount of talented receivers in this draft who could make big impacts in the NFL.

I believe both Browns may be gone by the 2nd round.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 06:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-18-2018, 06:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I like Brown but he is a Westbrook clone imo.  He is 170 pounds, we need a WR with some size. AJ  Brown doesnt have the height but he is 230 and does everything well, kinda reminds me of Blackmon.  Metcalf has the size, the speed, and the guy is a freak, kinda reminds me of josh Gordon.  When you look at Harry I just dont see the speed that Metcalf has. I love Westbrook but we dont need another 170 pound receiver.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 06:41 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-18-2018, 06:18 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Disagree. O-Line is, IMO.

I believe this O-line class is comparable to the one a few years back where you can find quality starting guards in the 3rd and later. The same may be true for WRs as well this year, albeit the planet theory guys will be gone early.

(12-18-2018, 06:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I have Marquise Brown and A.J. Brown rated ahead of Harry as far as for mock purposes and when it comes to my own personal taste, I'd rate Parris Campbell and a recent underclassmen who declared, Preston Williams of Colorado State ahead of him as well. This is a very, very deep class. The top end lacks a truly elite type of receiver, but there is a huge amount of talented receivers in this draft who could make big impacts in the NFL.

I believe both Browns may be gone by the 2nd round.

We don't just need an OG though. We need a quality swing Tackle as well. Who knows if we keep Parnell and we don't know if Cam will be ready by the start of the season? At worst, we need a quality swing tackle to play behind Cam and Parnell, in case we have another injury plagued year at the position. Lack of depth on the O-Line killed the team this year. When we have to bring in a "bust" like Ereck Flowers, you know things went off the tracks. To me, OG and a swing Tackle are the #2 and #3 needs on this team. 

As far as receivers, I truly believe both Browns will be taken in round 1, but they will be the only receivers chosen in the first. I have Harry, Harmon, Johnson and Campbell taken in round 2 and Preston Williams, D.K. Metcalfe, Antoine Wesley and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside taken in round 3. That's just the players confirmed to be in the draft. If guys like Lil' Jordan Humphrey and Hakeem Butler declare, this class will only get deeper. There is a possibility we could come away with a quality WR like David Sills, Gary Jennings Jr., Stanley Morgan Keelan Doss or KeeSean Johnson in the 4th round. I'd be fine with that.