Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
N’Keal Harry

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 06:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-18-2018, 06:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: I believe this O-line class is comparable to the one a few years back where you can find quality starting guards in the 3rd and later. The same may be true for WRs as well this year, albeit the planet theory guys will be gone early.

I believe both Browns may be gone by the 2nd round.

We don't just need an OG though. We need a quality swing Tackle as well. Who knows if we keep Parnell and we don't know if Cam will be ready by the start of the season? At worst, we need a quality swing tackle to play behind Cam and Parnell, in case we have another injury plagued year at the position. Lack of depth on the O-Line killed the team this year. When we have to bring in a "bust" like Ereck Flowers, you know things went off the tracks. To me, OG and a swing Tackle are the #2 and #3 needs on this team. 

As far as receivers, I truly believe both Browns will be taken in round 1, but they will be the only receivers chosen in the first. I have Harry, Harmon, Johnson and Campbell taken in round 2 and Preston Williams, D.K. Metcalfe, Antoine Wesley and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside taken in round 3. That's just the players confirmed to be in the draft. If guys like Lil' Jordan Humphrey and Hakeem Butler declare, this class will only get deeper. There is a possibility we could come away with a quality WR like David Sills, Gary Jennings Jr., Stanley Morgan Keelan Doss or KeeSean Johnson in the 4th round. I'd be fine with that.

Lol, no way does Metcalf make it to the 3rd round, he will be fully healthy by the combine and will probably kill it too.  I wouldnt be shocked if he is the 1st reciever taken.  If he was there with our 2nd pick I would sprint to the podium even though I feel OL and TE are a bigger need.  If a true number 1 WR makes it to our 2nd pick it would be to hard to pass up though.

I think TE is just as big as a need as WR and oline. I would go BPA in the 2nd out of those 3 positions if we take a QB in the 1st.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 07:09 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-18-2018, 06:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We don't just need an OG though. We need a quality swing Tackle as well. Who knows if we keep Parnell and we don't know if Cam will be ready by the start of the season? At worst, we need a quality swing tackle to play behind Cam and Parnell, in case we have another injury plagued year at the position. Lack of depth on the O-Line killed the team this year. When we have to bring in a "bust" like Ereck Flowers, you know things went off the tracks. To me, OG and a swing Tackle are the #2 and #3 needs on this team. 

As far as receivers, I truly believe both Browns will be taken in round 1, but they will be the only receivers chosen in the first. I have Harry, Harmon, Johnson and Campbell taken in round 2 and Preston Williams, D.K. Metcalfe, Antoine Wesley and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside taken in round 3. That's just the players confirmed to be in the draft. If guys like Lil' Jordan Humphrey and Hakeem Butler declare, this class will only get deeper. There is a possibility we could come away with a quality WR like David Sills, Gary Jennings Jr., Stanley Morgan Keelan Doss or KeeSean Johnson in the 4th round. I'd be fine with that.

Lol, no way does Metcalf make it to the 3rd round, he will be fully healthy by the combine and will probably kill it too.  I wouldnt be shocked if he is the 1st reciever taken.  If he was there with our 2nd pick I would sprint to the podium even though I feel OL and TE are a bigger need.  If a true number 1 WR makes it to our 2nd pick it would be to hard to pass up though.

I think TE is just as big as a need as WR and oline.  I would go BPA in the 2nd out of those 3 positions if we take a QB in the 1st.

Maybe Metcalfe won't make it that far. It all depends on his medical report, regarding his neck.

I have TE as the #4 need behind QB, OG and Swing Tackle. I would take a TE before a WR, because there won't be as many good TE's to pick from. I believe we should use one of our 3rd round picks on a TE.

Count me in as team "no WRs in the first" this year.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 08:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-18-2018, 07:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, no way does Metcalf make it to the 3rd round, he will be fully healthy by the combine and will probably kill it too.  I wouldnt be shocked if he is the 1st reciever taken.  If he was there with our 2nd pick I would sprint to the podium even though I feel OL and TE are a bigger need.  If a true number 1 WR makes it to our 2nd pick it would be to hard to pass up though.

I think TE is just as big as a need as WR and oline.  I would go BPA in the 2nd out of those 3 positions if we take a QB in the 1st.

Maybe Metcalfe won't make it that far. It all depends on his medical report, regarding his neck.

I have TE as the #4 need behind QB, OG and Swing Tackle. I would take a TE before a WR, because there won't be as many good TE's to pick from. I believe we should use one of our 3rd round picks on a TE.

He wouldnt of declared, he has already stated he will be ready and you have him criminally underrated.  He is my top WR and I think he will be the 1st receiver taken, we shall see who is closer

(12-18-2018, 07:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 07:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe Metcalfe won't make it that far. It all depends on his medical report, regarding his neck.

He wouldnt of declared, he has already stated he will be ready and you have him criminally underrated.  He is my top WR and I think he will be the 1st receiver taken, we shall see who is closer

I don't see him being the first WR taken, he's not even the best WR on his own team. A.J. Brown is.

(12-18-2018, 08:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 07:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He wouldnt of declared, he has already stated he will be ready and you have him criminally underrated.  He is my top WR and I think he will be the 1st receiver taken, we shall see who is closer

I don't see him being the first WR taken, he's not even the best WR on his own team. A.J. Brown is.

Brown is the better college WR but Metcalf has everything you look for in a true number 1.  I like Brown a lot but he is 6'1" and dont have elite speed like you would like to see out of a guy 6'1" if he is going to be your number 1 WR.  Metcalf has all the tools to be elite. Size, speed, looks to be a freak athlete, great hands etc.

(12-18-2018, 08:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 07:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He wouldnt of declared, he has already stated he will be ready and you have him criminally underrated.  He is my top WR and I think he will be the 1st receiver taken, we shall see who is closer

Agree with flgators on that, Metcalf is who i want in the pros

(12-18-2018, 08:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 08:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't see him being the first WR taken, he's not even the best WR on his own team. A.J. Brown is.

Agree with flgators on that, Metcalf is who i want in the pros

I'm not making my final judgement on any receivers until I see their workouts at the Combine and see them in the all-star games. I saw Ole Miss earlier in the season and of the two games I watched, Brown showed much more production. I just saw more consistency from him in those two games. Metcalfe has ideal size and supposedly has good speed, but he was having trouble getting consistent separation from DB's when he was pressed, in the games I saw. Anyway, there is a long way to go until the draft. I'll probably change my board 50 times before then as more players declare and I watch bowl games and the Combine.

(12-18-2018, 10:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 08:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: Agree with flgators on that, Metcalf is who i want in the pros

I'm not making my final judgement on any receivers until I see their workouts at the Combine and see them in the all-star games. I saw Ole Miss earlier in the season and of the two games I watched, Brown showed much more production. I just saw more consistency from him in those two games. Metcalfe has ideal size and supposedly has good speed, but he was having trouble getting consistent separation from DB's when he was pressed, in the games I saw. Anyway, there is a long way to go until the draft. I'll probably change my board 50 times before then as more players declare and I watch bowl games and the Combine.

Metcalf is one of the best receivers in this class at beating press imo, and we already know he's a great athlete. Notice Brown was placed in the slot way more where he can get easier releases ,Metcalf was given the tougher assignments and was consistently asked to beat press.  

For me Brown has more questions to answer as a pro prospect.

Brown to me is a bit slower and less physical Justin Blackmon. Blackmon light, not that thats a bad thing. Metcalf is raw and has all the tools, reminds me a lot of Gordon. Metcalf is one of the more intriguing WR prospects to come out in the last few years imo.

(12-18-2018, 05:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 03:53 PM)Upper Wrote: A true WR1 is the second most important need on this team.

Yeah, I get that lots of people feel that way.

I'd be certain to acquire the QB, at least one of the OL needs, and probably a TE before spending a pick on one in 2019 though. 

Sure to be a debated topic as the draft gets closer.

I'm just happy with 4/5 of the oline. I think we need a legit LT (Robinson should replace Cann IMO), but Norwell/Linder/Robinson/Richardson is good enough to me. A game changing WR will change our offense a lot more than upgrading 1/5 of the oline.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 02:10 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-18-2018, 10:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not making my final judgement on any receivers until I see their workouts at the Combine and see them in the all-star games. I saw Ole Miss earlier in the season and of the two games I watched, Brown showed much more production. I just saw more consistency from him in those two games. Metcalfe has ideal size and supposedly has good speed, but he was having trouble getting consistent separation from DB's when he was pressed, in the games I saw. Anyway, there is a long way to go until the draft. I'll probably change my board 50 times before then as more players declare and I watch bowl games and the Combine.

Metcalf is one of the best receivers in this class at beating press imo, and we already know he's a great athlete. Notice Brown was placed in the slot way more where he can get easier releases ,Metcalf was given the tougher assignments and was consistently asked to beat press.  

For me Brown has more questions to answer as a pro prospect.

To each, their own.

(12-19-2018, 12:16 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, I get that lots of people feel that way.

I'd be certain to acquire the QB, at least one of the OL needs, and probably a TE before spending a pick on one in 2019 though. 

Sure to be a debated topic as the draft gets closer.

I'm just happy with 4/5 of the oline. I think we need a legit LT (Robinson should replace Cann IMO), but Norwell/Linder/Robinson/Richardson is good enough to me. A game changing WR will change our offense a lot more than upgrading 1/5 of the oline.

I vehemently disagree.

N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State: Despite running an impressive 40-yard dash (4.53 seconds), Harry underwhelmed in drills. The Arizona State product appeared heavy-footed running routes and didn't consistently come down with balls delivered in the strike zone. Some of his dropsies could be attributed to his lack of explosiveness in and out of cuts, which could signal a lack of separation at the next level.

I mean, he struggled to separate in the Pac 12. Of course he'll struggle to separate in the NFL. Whoever drafts him has to hope he can outphysical the league like he did in college. The NFL is trending sharply away from the contested catches though. It's all about separation and YAC skills now. Harry is going to disappoint in the NFL.

https://twitter.com/hollowclay/status/11...81632?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I cant make up my mind who I like better out of Harry and Butler

(03-27-2019, 06:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I cant make up my mind who I like better out of Harry and Butler

I am the same way between Metcalf and Butler.

(03-27-2019, 06:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I cant make up my mind who I like better out of Harry and Butler

It's a tough one. Both played bad defenses regularly, both don't separate much, both elite in contested situations. 

Butler tested way more athletic, but Harry has a better production profile + although Butler tested better I still think he looks fairly awkward moving around.  

I genuinely don't know either

IMO.....

1. Butler
2. Harry
3. Metcalf

It's a close one between Butler and Harry. I really like Butler's athleticism, but Harry has better hands. I think both will be very good WR's, if used correctly. To me, Metcalf is a bigger, "jacked up" version of Donte' Stallworth. Kind of a "one trick pony" with straight away speed.

FWIW, he gets the Allen Robinson comp:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n'keal-har...72ec2d4468

And this quote pretty much sums up how I feel about him:

Quote: "All this talk about (his lack of) separation is overdone. In the league, nobody gets that much separation anyway. You have to know how to use your body and route leverage and you need strong hands. From what I've seen of him, he does all that stuff well." -- Wide receivers coach with AFC team

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."