Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I hate to agree, but.....

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 12:38 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

As much as I hate these guys talking about our team, they hit every point on the mark and I can't disagree with anything they are saying....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbz3c8LZ1gM
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe, but we don't know yet because it's not like Kessler has already played better. What happens if he has a Peterman-like performance this weekend?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Spot on.

Amazing how much these talent evaluators make and some schumck on a talk show runs circles around them from a logic standpoint. The brass of this franchise should be ashamed of themselves.

(11-27-2018, 12:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Spot on.

Amazing how much these talent evaluators make and some schumck on a talk show runs circles around them from a logic standpoint. The brass of this franchise should be ashamed of themselves.

Amazing how someone's job actually depends on getting it right and the other guys can sweep their opinions under the rug if/when they are proven to be uneducated BS.

I can't watch the video, so I'm not commenting on what is being said specifically here... just the idea that a couple of fans on a youtube video actually have more knowledge than scouts and such in the NFL is silly. "Runs circles" by probably spewing something you agree with which could mean its a terrible idea lol

Let's not bag on all of our talent eval guys when for the most part we were pretty happy last year....

or bag on em... you people will keep the pitchforks out no matter what anyway haha

(11-27-2018, 12:47 PM)Kane Wrote:

Amazing how someone's job actually depends on getting it right and the other guys can sweep their opinions under the rug if/when they are proven to be uneducated BS.

I can't watch the video, so I'm not commenting on what is being said specifically here... just the idea that a couple of fans on a youtube video actually have more knowledge than scouts and such in the NFL is silly. "Runs circles" by probably spewing something you agree with which could mean its a terrible idea lol

Let's not bag on all of our talent eval guys when for the most part we were pretty happy last year....

or bag on em... you people will keep the pitchforks out no matter what anyway haha

It is actually a great video and spot on. Take a watch.

You should watch it man. I agree with you on talk shows talking too much with personal opinions. But they are right on this and we all need to hold our team accountable. How so? I don't know lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(11-27-2018, 12:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maybe, but we don't know yet because it's not like Kessler has already played better. What happens if he has a Peterman-like performance this weekend?
Then the Jags will have lost 8 games in a row. Who cares?

There’s no harm in trying something new when the season is over.

(11-27-2018, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 12:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maybe, but we don't know yet because it's not like Kessler has already played better. What happens if he has a Peterman-like performance this weekend?
Then the Jags will have lost 8 games in a row. Who cares?

I'm just disagreeing with the "too soon" part like they're automatically better now that Bortles isn't playing. We don't and won't know that for a while yet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2018, 12:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Then the Jags will have lost 8 games in a row. Who cares?

I'm just disagreeing with the "too soon" part like they're automatically better now that Bortles isn't playing. We don't and won't know that for a while yet.

The video basically said they could have stuck out the season with BB because it doesn't matter. They just said the Jags stuck with Bortles as the franchise QB too long. The fork in the road was the #4 pick and Tom and Dave chose the wrong road.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 01:35 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

Dude.. this isn't even hindsight. The entire NFL knew that you needed a starting QB and you drafted a RB with a top 5 pick (which is extremely rare in today's league) and in a draft that was QB heavy also.. There wouldn't of even been a QB for your divisional rival to even draft.. Houston would've still been stuck in a QB wasteland if Jacksonville simply taken what EVERYONE else knew what was a glaring need at the time.

This isn't Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt bad yet, but it has the potential to be alot worse, because a true franchise QB is alot more valuable than a DE..even a HOF DE

Who cares?

In an era where Dashaun Watson is considered good... the NFL just sucks.

(11-27-2018, 01:31 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 12:47 PM)Kane Wrote: Amazing how someone's job actually depends on getting it right and the other guys can sweep their opinions under the rug if/when they are proven to be uneducated BS.

Dude.. this isn't even hindsight. The entire NFL knew that you needed a starting QB and you drafted a RB with a top 5 pick (which is extremely rare in today's league) and in a draft that was QB heavy also.. There wouldn't of even been a QB for your divisional rival to even draft.. Houston would've still been stuck in a QB wasteland if Jacksonville simply taken what EVERYONE else knew what was a glaring need at the time.

This isn't Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt bad yet, but it has the potential to be alot worse, because a true franchise QB is alot more valuable than a DE..even a HOF DE

You are correct.

The main misconception among delusional Jaguar fans is that Bortles was actually a part of our success last year. Like the video above states. He was just along for the ride.

(11-27-2018, 01:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Who cares?

Yeah, because a dual threat QB of a 8-3 team somehow isn't good in any era??

It hurts big time. Watching Watson last night made me sick and it wasn't even half time yet. It's amazing what a talented QB can do for your team. Not just for your offense. But the entire team. You can tell that defense feeds off of him too. He's a good kid. And he's balling out right now. A few people in this front office need a few good kicks to their [BLEEP] for letting him get by us. Coughlin included.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2018, 01:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It hurts big time. Watching Watson last night made me sick and it wasn't even half time yet. It's amazing what a talented QB can do for your team. Not just for your offense. But the entire team. You can tell that defense feeds off of him too. He's a good kid. And he's balling out right now. A few people in this front office need a few good kicks to their [BLEEP] for letting him get by us. Coughlin included.
Coughlin especially because he was apparently all about Watson but was somehow talked into Blake.

2017 draft

Round 1- Watson/Mahomes
Round 2- Cam Robinson
Round 3- Hunt or Kamara

2018 SB Champs.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 02:23 PM by old_man.)

And after his Awesome run and non call fumble....

What a joke talk about propping up a QB/Team.... NFL is turning into a joke.

(11-27-2018, 01:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It hurts big time. Watching Watson last night made me sick and it wasn't even half time yet. It's amazing what a talented QB can do for your team. Not just for your offense. But the entire team. You can tell that defense feeds off of him too. He's a good kid. And he's balling out right now. A few people in this front office need a few good kicks to their [BLEEP] for letting him get by us. Coughlin included.

It is called a gift when the refs do not call a FUMBLE a fumble.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

The video was a harsh assessment, but I can’t disagree with anything said.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 03:34 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(11-27-2018, 02:22 PM)old_man Wrote:

And after his Awesome run and non call fumble....

What a joke talk about propping up a QB/Team.... NFL is turning into a joke.

It is called a gift when the refs do not call a FUMBLE a fumble.

There was no damn gift..

Yeah man refs made Tennessee only score 17 and give up 6 sacks and 281 yards rushing. You figured it out. This 1 fumble call cost them the entire game. Give me a damn break. Laughing

Seriously lol, even if they did rule that a Fumble.. Titans put their crappy offense back on the field on the 11 1/2 yard line still trailing by 2 scores.. really? You really think that one call cost them the game?  Rolleyes lol

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 03:38 PM by snowwolf776.)

he played on a 0-16 team last season. hes not better then bortles. at this time though  no qb could win a game for the jags not why doug is HC. he destroyed the team just like he did in bufflo.

oh yes our back up qb has a 0-8 record. has never won a game. what makes people think hes better then bortles?  

Jags need a new HC offensseive line depth,and a Raiseing qb . we could've had watson. Texans will win a SB before jags will. in fact its no doubt the browns will win a SB before jags do,they have a superstar qb with mayfield.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

so beautifully said