Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I hate to agree, but.....

Notice how they don't mention Caldwell once. Nobody in the outside media thinks he does anything since Coughlin got here. Only people are delusional fans here, who think nope it's alllllll
Caldwell. Which is a complete JOKE. Coughlin is the man in charge of ALL personnel decisions.The Fournette pick was all Coughlin. The final decision to extend Blake Bortles... Tom Coughlin made that decision. When Shad Khan says what the hell happen... who's he going to ask? They all need to be gone. Even the mascot. Fire em all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2018, 12:37 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: As much as I hate these guys talking about our team, they hit every point on the mark and I can't disagree with anything they are saying....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbz3c8LZ1gM

The only thing I disagree with is the talk about Kaepernick.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

"Can't" means unable not unwilling (I'm at work)

I just scoff at the idea that anyone sports talking on the internet but bagging groceries, or writing for a fan blog, or Uber driving for a living is actually smarter at scouting, planning, and running an NFL team than the guys currently holding those positions.

That is all.
Like I said before, I wasn't disagreeing with any opinion or statement in the video, I was disagreeing with Stroud's assessment that these youtubers are "smarter" than actual scouts.

To say Blake had nothing to do with last years success is straight lying but I understand how jaded the fan base is.
Obviously 2 years ago we could have reset, especially at QB... but I really don't remember too many people upset with last years success.
Obviously this past year we could have again went another route, instead they doubled down on Bortles and thought they could get by with the 2017 success. It didn't work (whether we want to admit it or not, mostly because of injuries)
I'm willing to bet MOST franchises who were "a whistle away" from the SB don't make drastic changes (like cutting a QB and going with a rookie)
I mean, people thought Andy Reid was ballsy as Hell trading Smith after his best season ever.... until Mahomes set the league on fire this year.

They chose wrong two years ago, but I can't really blame them for how they went about this last off season. It just didn't work out.
And yeah, Tom should hit reset now, like he should have 2 years ago... but to this these yahoos on youtube are smarter or could do a better job than Tom Coughlin is straight up laughable.

This year reminds me of 2008, when we had SB aspirations. The only thing we could do was throw slants to Matt Jones.

We will draft another QB, and add pieces here and there. Even then there is no guarantee it's not going to suck.

(cues theme from M.A.S.H.)
You're Welcome.

(11-27-2018, 04:04 PM)Kane Wrote: "Can't" means unable not unwilling (I'm at work)

I just scoff at the idea that anyone sports talking on the internet but bagging groceries, or writing for a fan blog, or Uber driving for a living is actually smarter at scouting, planning, and running an NFL team than the guys currently holding those positions.

That is all.
Like I said before, I wasn't disagreeing with any opinion or statement in the video, I was disagreeing with Stroud's assessment that these youtubers are "smarter" than actual scouts.

To say Blake had nothing to do with last years success is straight lying but I understand how jaded the fan base is.
Obviously 2 years ago we could have reset, especially at QB... but I really don't remember too many people upset with last years success.
Obviously this past year we could have again went another route, instead they doubled down on Bortles and thought they could get by with the 2017 success. It didn't work (whether we want to admit it or not, mostly because of injuries)
I'm willing to bet MOST franchises who were "a whistle away" from the SB don't make drastic changes (like cutting a QB and going with a rookie)
I mean, people thought Andy Reid was ballsy as Hell trading Smith after his best season ever.... until Mahomes set the league on fire this year.

They chose wrong two years ago, but I can't really blame them for how they went about this last off season. It just didn't work out.
And yeah, Tom should hit reset now, like he should have 2 years ago... but to this these yahoos on youtube are smarter or could do a better job than Tom Coughlin is straight up laughable.

Stop making sense.  I won't stand for this.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-27-2018, 01:52 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 01:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Who cares?

In an era where Dashaun Watson is considered good... the NFL just sucks.

Yeah, because a dual threat QB of a 8-3 team somehow isn't good in any era??

Because the NFL, as a whole, is a joke. It's not even fun to watch. I miss football of my youth - players actually HATED each other. There was no hugging on the damn football field. They WANTED to hurt eachother.

Now? It's just a joke that all the players are in on... and the fans are the ones being laughed at.

(11-27-2018, 04:07 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 01:52 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Yeah, because a dual threat QB of a 8-3 team somehow isn't good in any era??

Because the NFL, as a whole, is a joke. It's not even fun to watch. I miss football of my youth - players actually HATED each other. There was no hugging on the damn football field. They WANTED to hurt eachother.

Now? It's just a joke that all the players are in on... and the fans are the ones being laughed at.
Bahahaha

"Back in my day we walked up hill both ways."

Times change dude. It's a sport and should be treated as such. These guys don't need to hate each other for people to enjoy it. You don't think Lebron would still dominate in the 80's? Somehow Julio Jones would be bad if he played back in the 70's? Times have changed and you either change with it or get left behind. Football will proceed to rake in the money without you.

I wonder if he hate me can play QB

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I agree with everything they said. We def could have tried Kaep just to see what he could do. If he was trash, then we could have cut him. I'm not sure what Marrone was doing but I'm def ready for Tom Coughlin to take over and hold everyone accountable. Should have been done last year we [BLEEP] a chance to make it to the Super Bowl..smh. I'm still mad, we were winning and had a chance to be in the Super Bowl and blew it.

Cris Carter was right. That spineless, gutless, decision to kneel into halftime in the AFCCG was the last straw for me. I forever lost respect for Marrone and knew he wasn't the guy for the job. Makes me angry just thinking about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

I agree with most of it.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-27-2018, 04:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 04:07 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Because the NFL, as a whole, is a joke. It's not even fun to watch. I miss football of my youth - players actually HATED each other. There was no hugging on the damn football field. They WANTED to hurt eachother.

Bahahaha

"Back in my day we walked up hill both ways."

Times change dude. It's a sport and should be treated as such. These guys don't need to hate each other for people to enjoy it. You don't think Lebron would still dominate in the 80's? Somehow Julio Jones would be bad if he played back in the 70's? Times have changed and you either change with it or get left behind. Football will proceed to rake in the money without you.

Watch it he probably buys all the cars and trucks that the advertisers pay for, that actually keeps the NFL going.  Tv dollars.

For the record I liked football back in the 90s better too.  I still enjoy it but the last decade or so it's gotten tougher to deal with.  Things need change some.

(11-27-2018, 02:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 01:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It hurts big time. Watching Watson last night made me sick and it wasn't even half time yet. It's amazing what a talented QB can do for your team. Not just for your offense. But the entire team. You can tell that defense feeds off of him too. He's a good kid. And he's balling out right now. A few people in this front office need a few good kicks to their [BLEEP] for letting him get by us. Coughlin included.
Coughlin especially because he was apparently all about Watson but was somehow talked into Blake.

2017 draft

Round 1- Watson/Mahomes
Round 2- Cam Robinson
Round 3- Hunt or Kamara

2018 SB Champs.

Do you have a source for the idea TC was talked out of Watson?

The Fournette pick has the hallmarks of a TC pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/blake-bo...?ls=pftvod

Apologies if posted already...

https://www.cbssports.com/live/pete-pris...n/1146110/

You guys should watch Jaguars Monday now renamed happy hour ... they talk in depth every week... Boselli/Prisco... very informative ...

Eh. It's easy to be critical now. 

I don't remember many people saying how dumb the franchise was in September.

(11-27-2018, 01:31 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 12:47 PM)Kane Wrote: Amazing how someone's job actually depends on getting it right and the other guys can sweep their opinions under the rug if/when they are proven to be uneducated BS.

I can't watch the video, so I'm not commenting on what is being said specifically here... just the idea that a couple of fans on a youtube video actually have more knowledge than scouts and such in the NFL is silly. "Runs circles" by probably spewing something you agree with which could mean its a terrible idea lol

Let's not bag on all of our talent eval guys when for the most part we were pretty happy last year....

or bag on em... you people will keep the pitchforks out no matter what anyway haha

Dude.. this isn't even hindsight. The entire NFL knew that you needed a starting QB and you drafted a RB with a top 5 pick (which is extremely rare in today's league) and in a draft that was QB heavy also.. There wouldn't of even been a QB for your divisional rival to even draft.. Houston would've still been stuck in a QB wasteland if Jacksonville simply taken what EVERYONE else knew what was a glaring need at the time.

This isn't Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt bad yet, but it has the potential to be alot worse, because a true franchise QB is alot more valuable than a DE..even a HOF DE

Hasn't a rb been taken top 5 the last 3 years straight? Infact since 2000 11 rbs were taken top 5. That's not extremely rare...it's not even rare...
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

The video posted was pretty spot on.

I had issue with them openly stating that YouTubers and bloggers are smarter than NFL GMs. That's just stupid.

Where they nearly lost me was the mention of Kaepernick. I wish one more team (not ours) would give him a chance. It would finally prove why he is not an NFL starting quarterback.

He's not in the NFL because he isn't a good football player. That is the reason. No other excuses needed. The political crap just made it easier for teams that didn't want him to begin with to keep away.The guy is straight dookie. He lost a starting gig to Blaine Gabbert. That should say everything you need to hear about the guy's football abilities.

I'm starting to feel like Kaepernick is like London, gonna be on the minds of the talking heads whenever they need a back handed comment to throw at the jags or their fan base.
Signature goes here.

Meh. Hindsight is always 20-20. I didn't hear Carter complaining when Bortles was playing well at the end of last year. I do agree they shouldn't have offered him the new contract and should have had him go on the one year remaining on his rookie deal to prove it. The problem has been from the start (and Bortles himself admitted it) that he isn't a natural thrower and doesn't have typical QB instincts. The last 5 years have been an attempt to create those instincts which has been a mistake. That kind of ability you're just born with or not.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.