Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For what it’s worth, Coughlin didn’t want him(speculation)

I’m talking about Bortles. I remember when Coughlin came in, he said something along the lines of Bortles not being his guy. It’s almost like he was talked into it when the draft came up.

He should have went with his gut. A lot of talks of trying to get Eli to come along with Coughlin but nothing ever came of it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's worth nothing. Blake was still here, and we as fans are still weeping.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Didn't someone say he loved Watson too..
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 09:18 PM by knarnn.)

(11-27-2018, 08:03 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Didn't someone say he loved Watson too..

Prisco said it and he’s usually pretty accurate.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

[Image: dff707168f412dfa5c71b3eca30c091b1ace5bb4...7233ca.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

It's not worth anything because he signed off on it. If the man in charge of personnel is being persuaded to keep a guy who can't throw a football... that's a problem.

Bortles had a span from late last season until the new england game of this year where he looked good. Then the wheels fell off. The Bortles experiment is over.

(11-27-2018, 09:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Bortles had a span from late last season until the new england game of this year where he looked good.  Then the wheels fell off.  The Bortles experiment is over.

I hope so, but I'll believe it when he's gone. I still have a fear that the front office will bring in a new HC and OC, hoping they can fix him. I really believe Bortles is unfixable though.

Remember when Coughlin won a game when Rob Johnson went down? The guy who knew like 5 plays. Yeah I dont know why he signed off on the extension. I guess we bought into fools gold.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-27-2018, 07:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m talking about Bortles. I remember when Coughlin came in, he said something along the lines of Bortles not being his guy. It’s almost like he was talked into it when the draft came up.

He should have went with his gut. A lot of talks of trying to get Eli to come along with Coughlin but nothing ever came of it.

The number of posts by folks claiming to know Coughlin's mind on Bortles, Marrone, Hackett etc is pretty comical. 
If you have a real quote - post it with a link. Otherwise - I think you're full of it. 

Coughlin never said anything even remotely distancing himself from Blake Bortles. If anything it was the opposite.

Jim Miller or Steve Matthews??

Yeah the Bortles experiment is over. Watson should have been the pick or Mahomes. Wow Mahomes would have put this franchise is the playoffs for the next 15 years just like Tom Brady allows the Pats to trade all of those first round picks away for future picks.

When you have an elite QB, you can just put anybody out there and make the playoffs.

Then again Mahomes has Andy Reid behind him. He may have got ruined in Jacksonville.

(11-27-2018, 10:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jim Miller or Steve Matthews??

Todd Philcox. And Todd Bouman. The Todd Brigade.

(11-27-2018, 11:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Then again Mahomes has Andy Reid behind him.  He may have got ruined in Jacksonville.

Andy Reid May be one of the best coaches of all time. There’s no telling how Bortles develops with a coach of his caliber.

(11-27-2018, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 07:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m talking about Bortles. I remember when Coughlin came in, he said something along the lines of Bortles not being his guy. It’s almost like he was talked into it when the draft came up.

The number of posts by folks claiming to know Coughlin's mind on Bortles, Marrone, Hackett etc is pretty comical. 
If you have a real quote - post it with a link. Otherwise - I think you're full of it. 

Coughlin never said anything even remotely distancing himself from Blake Bortles. If anything it was the opposite.

There was some tweet or maybe short article (I think by Rapaport but I don't recall for sure) claiming Coughlin wasn't high on Bortles near when he came back, but nothing that was ever verified or substantiated.  It was all just hearsay and conjecture.

(11-27-2018, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The number of posts by folks claiming to know Coughlin's mind on Bortles, Marrone, Hackett etc is pretty comical. 

Pretty much this.

Coughlin came back and a few months later he gave Bortles the 5th year option. One year later had him sign the 3 years extension.
In the 2017 draft when Bortles was coming off a bad season and with QB options available (Watson, Mahomes just to name 2 and we could have even traded down to get them) the Fournette pick has Coughlin written all over it.

If he didn't want him he had multiple options to move on from him, facts actually has shown quite the opposite.

(11-27-2018, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Dude what in the blue hell are you talking about. Do you ever tune into Jags Monday/Happy Hour? .... Boselli knows Coughlin more than any of us. He literally breaks down how this is Coughlins ship.... Coughlin built this... we are sleeping in it. PERIOD. The fact that we have to have an argument between GM#1 and GM#2 for who is  QB... is... ABSURD!!! This is a clown fest! COUGHLIN is the root!

(11-28-2018, 05:38 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The number of posts by folks claiming to know Coughlin's mind on Bortles, Marrone, Hackett etc is pretty comical. 

Dude what in the blue hell are you talking about. Do you ever tune into Jags Monday/Happy Hour? .... Boselli knows Coughlin more than any of us. He literally breaks down how this is Coughlins ship.... Coughlin built this... we are sleeping in it. PERIOD. The fact that we have to have an argument between GM#1 and GM#2 for who is  QB... is... ABSURD!!! This is a clown fest! COUGHLIN is the root!

TC just had an interview yesterday where he indicated he supported keeping Bortles after last year.

He seemed rather emphatic about it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-27-2018, 10:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jim Miller or Steve Matthews??

Yeah the Bortles experiment is over. Watson should have been the pick or Mahomes. Wow Mahomes would have put this franchise is the playoffs for the next 15 years just like Tom Brady allows the Pats to trade all of those first round picks away for future picks.

When you have an elite QB, you can just put anybody out there and make the playoffs.

You mean kinda like Rogers this year?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

its a good thing for eli he didn't come here with tom. doug woould've destrpyed him to just like he did the bills,and jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.