Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 13

While the weather in Jacksonville is cold, the meltdown in Jaguars camp is now at nuclear levels.  Check out this surreal sequence late in the 24-21 loss in Buffalo. Bortles actually completed a deep pass to Donte Moncrief that was initially ruled a TD.  Immediately after the play, a fight breaks out, and RB Leonard Fournette, who wasn't in the game, runs 60 yards across the field to the opposite sideline to get in a fight with Bills' DE Shaq Lawson and get ejected after dominating the game.  The pass to Moncrief was overturned and ruled down at the one.  Next, there was a run to FB Tommy Bohanon (his first of the year) for no gain followed by a false start that brought the ball back to the 6.  The Jaguars threw a WR screen that went for a TD, but that was a negated by a holding penalty against WR Keelan Cole (how many more drives is he going to kill?).  Then, after a one yard run by Bortles, 4th team LT Ereck Flowers (yes that one) was beaten for a sack by DT Kyle Williams (yes, that one) giving the Jaguars 4th and goal from the 24.  Then, Josh Lambo, who has been the very few bright spots on the team this year, promptly missed the 42 yard FG.  Now that alone would make for a head shaking, stomach churning sequence, but the sequence wasn't finished.  The next Bills drive went 3 plays.  A five yard pass, with a 15 yard face mask penalty, followed by a 19 yard pass with a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty, then a 14 yard TD run by Allen.  So the Jaguars went from 1st and goal at the one tied 14-14, to down 21-14.  That's 45 yards in penalties, 1 yard rushing, loss of 8 yards in a sack, another 18 yards lost in the missed FG.  But the meltdown lingered.  The next day, the Jaguars announced OC Nate Hackett was fired and QB Blake Bortles was benched.  Yesterday, the NFL announced RB Leonard Fournette was suspended.  Then, former head coach Tom Coughlin (yes that one), who is now head of football operations with the team, does a radio interview and lambastes the lack of discipline on the team.  While to me, this isn't quite as bad as the 2016 two game sequence where we lost to Oakland and Tennessee in a short week and the team obviously quit, you could argue it's actually worse because from top to bottom, even with the injuries, this team is way too talented to be so undisciplined.  How guys like TC and Marrone allowed the team to spiral down in such a way is a mystery, since both are known for being disciplinarians.  It was inconceivable for me to think Marrone could have lost the locker room a year after such a dramatic turnaround, but apparently he has.  Maybe despite all of the losing that came before 2017, and despite not reaching/winning the Super Bowl in 2017, the team won too much too quickly.  Now, there is talk-from Coughlin-of going back to the drawing board!   Wallbash Sick Wallbash

If you were looking for a cinematic representation of Jaguars fans at this point, the one that leaps to mind is the Lloyd Bridges character from "Airplane" ("Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit [Insert several vices here]").

Elsewhere in the division, the Texans and Colts have gone on win streaks of 8 wins and 6 wins respectively on the strength of their QBs, while the tacks managed to lose to the Texans despite Mariota having one (1) incompletion for the game.

Predictions?  Well, I have reached .500 again, which is sad in itself considering how late it is in the season, but even sadder considering I only wish the Jaguars rose to that level of mediocrity. 

This weeks games...

Browns (4-6-1) at Texans (8-3)-a game featuring two teams with good young, promising QBs.  Sigh.  Texans win 30-17.

Colts (6-5) at Jaguars (3-8)-Pffft.  Colts win 30-7.

Jets (3-8) at tacks (5-6)-who cares?  tacks win 20-7.

Last week:  3-0
overall:  18-18

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, quite the surreal week of football. I don't get the Hackett firing and Bortles benching. One or the other makes sense, but not both at the same time.

As for the games I'll go texans, colts, tacks.

Texans are at home. The tacks are, too. The Jaguars schizophrenic fans are going to be screaming to put Bortles back in and bring Hackett back after this week, though neither move would help, it's probably going to be ugly.

Browns (guaranteed to beat the over rated texans)
Colts (told wolf i would start pickin against your jags again)
Tacks (straight up homer till the end)

17 - 20
[Image: incredulous.gif]

11-26

Browns over Texans
Jaguars over Colts
Titans over Jets
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

19-15
(missed week 12)

tinhorns
colts
tacks

(i feel dirty picking that trash ^)

20-16

Browns
Colts
TACKS

20-17 over all. 

this week i will go with these picks.

Texans -they are home

tittians-even our lowly jags beat the jets. no reason tittians can't beat them. jets was jags last win.

Colts-until doug is fired jags won't win another game.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018, 08:58 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-28-2018, 10:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote: While the weather in Jacksonville is cold, the meltdown in Jaguars camp is now at nuclear levels.  Check out this surreal sequence late in the 24-21 loss in Buffalo. Bortles actually completed a deep pass to Donte Moncrief that was initially ruled a TD.  Immediately after the play, a fight breaks out, and RB Leonard Fournette, who wasn't in the game, runs 60 yards across the field to the opposite sideline to get in a fight with Bills' DE Shaq Lawson and get ejected after dominating the game.  The pass to Moncrief was overturned and ruled down at the one.  Next, there was a run to FB Tommy Bohanon (his first of the year) for no gain followed by a false start that brought the ball back to the 6.  The Jaguars threw a WR screen that went for a TD, but that was a negated by a holding penalty against WR Keelan Cole (how many more drives is he going to kill?).  Then, after a one yard run by Bortles, 4th team LT Ereck Flowers (yes that one) was beaten for a sack by DT Kyle Williams (yes, that one) giving the Jaguars 4th and goal from the 24.  Then, Josh Lambo, who has been the very few bright spots on the team this year, promptly missed the 42 yard FG.  Now that alone would make for a head shaking, stomach churning sequence, but the sequence wasn't finished.  The next Bills drive went 3 plays.  A five yard pass, with a 15 yard face mask penalty, followed by a 19 yard pass with a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty, then a 14 yard TD run by Allen.  So the Jaguars went from 1st and goal at the one tied 14-14, to down 21-14.  That's 45 yards in penalties, 1 yard rushing, loss of 8 yards in a sack, another 18 yards lost in the missed FG.  But the meltdown lingered.  The next day, the Jaguars announced OC Nate Hackett was fired and QB Blake Bortles was benched.  Yesterday, the NFL announced RB Leonard Fournette was suspended.  Then, former head coach Tom Coughlin (yes that one), who is now head of football operations with the team, does a radio interview and lambastes the lack of discipline on the team.  While to me, this isn't quite as bad as the 2016 two game sequence where we lost to Oakland and Tennessee in a short week and the team obviously quit, you could argue it's actually worse because from top to bottom, even with the injuries, this team is way too talented to be so undisciplined.  How guys like TC and Marrone allowed the team to spiral down in such a way is a mystery, since both are known for being disciplinarians.  It was inconceivable for me to think Marrone could have lost the locker room a year after such a dramatic turnaround, but apparently he has.  Maybe despite all of the losing that came before 2017, and despite not reaching/winning the Super Bowl in 2017, the team won too much too quickly.  Now, there is talk-from Coughlin-of going back to the drawing board!   Wallbash Sick Wallbash

If you were looking for a cinematic representation of Jaguars fans at this point, the one that leaps to mind is the Lloyd Bridges character from "Airplane" ("Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit [Insert several vices here]").

Elsewhere in the division, the Texans and Colts have gone on win streaks of 8 wins and 6 wins respectively on the strength of their QBs, while the tacks managed to lose to the Texans despite Mariota having one (1) incompletion for the game.

Predictions?  Well, I have reached .500 again, which is sad in itself considering how late it is in the season, but even sadder considering I only wish the Jaguars rose to that level of mediocrity. 

This weeks games...

Browns (4-6-1) at Texans (8-3)-a game featuring two teams with good young, promising QBs.  Sigh.  Texans win 30-17.

Texans
Colts
Jets
18-15 overall
2-1 last week

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Peyton manning has more super bowl wins then the jags have been there. our jags choke more. supposse to be a good team,and they crash,and burn all the time. supposse to be bad,and they surpise people

I just can't do it this week.  As much as I want to believe that our Jaguars will win, it just isn't logical.  Too many variables against them.  This week I'll take...

Colts
Texans - Have the record that the Jaguars should have.
Titans - Have found ways to win and should do it again against a struggling Jets team.

Overall 23-14

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Week # 12 results: 3-0

21-15 overall official ( 22-15 unofficial )

Week # 13 Selections:

Indianapolis
Houston
Tennessee

Lost track of where i am....
deflated for sure after Jags blow it against the clots,squealers and goats....I mean losing by 3 then 4 then 3 again?
Anyway, someone has to take the 'horns down....go browns!
And may the Jetters prevail....I just can't pick the tacks ever
Always want our Jags to win but see little hope....poor Kessler always seems to step in really bad situations
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 05:19 PM by TackHammer56.)

(11-28-2018, 10:35 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Browns (guaranteed to beat the over rated texans)

17 - 20

LOL.....
Ya got any other ridiculous predictions?

Congrats to the Jags!!!

(11-28-2018, 04:45 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 11-26

Browns over Texans
Jaguars over Colts
Titans over Jets

Funny how things dont work out as you might think.

Fun fact. Luck has scored no points against the jags in his last 6 quarters

(12-02-2018, 05:28 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Fun fact. Luck has scored no points against the jags in his last 6 quarters

No sh#t?
That is an interesting stat.

I can't believe the jets are inventing ways to lose this game right now. Wow.

2-1 this week   

now 22-18 overall.

(11-28-2018, 10:35 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Browns (guaranteed to beat the over rated texans)

17 - 20

18-22 you're welcome snow wolf
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(11-28-2018, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 19-15
(missed week 12)

tinhorns
colts
tacks

(i feel dirty picking that trash ^)

21-16

(11-28-2018, 10:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote: While the weather in Jacksonville is cold, the meltdown in Jaguars camp is now at nuclear levels.  Check out this surreal sequence late in the 24-21 loss in Buffalo. Bortles actually completed a deep pass to Donte Moncrief that was initially ruled a TD.  Immediately after the play, a fight breaks out, and RB Leonard Fournette, who wasn't in the game, runs 60 yards across the field to the opposite sideline to get in a fight with Bills' DE Shaq Lawson and get ejected after dominating the game.  The pass to Moncrief was overturned and ruled down at the one.  Next, there was a run to FB Tommy Bohanon (his first of the year) for no gain followed by a false start that brought the ball back to the 6.  The Jaguars threw a WR screen that went for a TD, but that was a negated by a holding penalty against WR Keelan Cole (how many more drives is he going to kill?).  Then, after a one yard run by Bortles, 4th team LT Ereck Flowers (yes that one) was beaten for a sack by DT Kyle Williams (yes, that one) giving the Jaguars 4th and goal from the 24.  Then, Josh Lambo, who has been the very few bright spots on the team this year, promptly missed the 42 yard FG.  Now that alone would make for a head shaking, stomach churning sequence, but the sequence wasn't finished.  The next Bills drive went 3 plays.  A five yard pass, with a 15 yard face mask penalty, followed by a 19 yard pass with a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty, then a 14 yard TD run by Allen.  So the Jaguars went from 1st and goal at the one tied 14-14, to down 21-14.  That's 45 yards in penalties, 1 yard rushing, loss of 8 yards in a sack, another 18 yards lost in the missed FG.  But the meltdown lingered.  The next day, the Jaguars announced OC Nate Hackett was fired and QB Blake Bortles was benched.  Yesterday, the NFL announced RB Leonard Fournette was suspended.  Then, former head coach Tom Coughlin (yes that one), who is now head of football operations with the team, does a radio interview and lambastes the lack of discipline on the team.  While to me, this isn't quite as bad as the 2016 two game sequence where we lost to Oakland and Tennessee in a short week and the team obviously quit, you could argue it's actually worse because from top to bottom, even with the injuries, this team is way too talented to be so undisciplined.  How guys like TC and Marrone allowed the team to spiral down in such a way is a mystery, since both are known for being disciplinarians.  It was inconceivable for me to think Marrone could have lost the locker room a year after such a dramatic turnaround, but apparently he has.  Maybe despite all of the losing that came before 2017, and despite not reaching/winning the Super Bowl in 2017, the team won too much too quickly.  Now, there is talk-from Coughlin-of going back to the drawing board!   Wallbash Sick Wallbash

This weeks games...

This week:  2-1  Shutting out the Colts was satisfying.
Overall:  20-19

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!