Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How are we feeling?

So it's been a pretty crazy 48hrs and I'm sure the questions will continue until Sunday, going to be a very interesting game against a Colts team on a roll.

I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling about this team and it's future. Let's be clear, being a Jags fan is usually a brutal ride but this year they are going for a new personal best. A fantastic season last year and a solid 4 game start, this team has fallen off a cliff and what was thought to be one of the most talented and exciting young teams in the league now looks like it has major problems on and off the field.

I know there are numerous threads on coaching, QB's 3rd but I'm wondering where people are on this team today. Present and future.

Do you still have confidence in this roster?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Done with the NFL.

Just a really boring product with nothing but morons running around pretending that they're tough.

(11-28-2018, 03:25 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Done with the NFL.

Just a really boring product with nothing but morons running around pretending that they're tough.
Pot. Meet Kettle.

(11-28-2018, 03:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Pot. Meet Kettle.

bwahahaahhaa
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(11-28-2018, 03:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Pot. Meet Kettle.

Mmmmk.

I really don't like the new rules introduced this year. All in favor of the O. D players are being so restricted in how they play and so many of the flags today are subjective, what gets called in one game won't another.

Plus I don't like NY making review calls, refs can easily do that.

(11-28-2018, 03:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 03:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Pot. Meet Kettle.

Mmmmk.
You're over here talking about fake tough guys.

You're gonna walk up to Fournette and call him a fake tough guy? Highly doubtful.

"I'm done with the NFL, but will continue to hang out with you lovely chaps on this NFL team's message board"

Not sure which is more sad. Your lie or the fact that you're so addicted to drama that after believing your own lie you'll still come here to shoot up on message board banter lulz

(11-28-2018, 03:50 PM)Kane Wrote: "I'm done with the NFL, but will continue to hang out with you lovely chaps on this NFL team's message board"

Not sure which is more sad. Your lie or the fact that you're so addicted to drama that after believing your own lie you'll still come here to shoot up on message board banter lulz

Oh Kane, what would we do without you?

(11-28-2018, 03:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 03:50 PM)Kane Wrote: "I'm done with the NFL, but will continue to hang out with you lovely chaps on this NFL team's message board"

Oh Kane, what would we do without you?

Cut the wrong way?

Game has sure changed with the rules that make once common
plays now "un-necessary roughness"....begs the question ....just how do you
"nicely" tackle a QB,receiver or 230lb running back running wide open?

Time moves on though .....Jaguars are in a funk....but at least we're better off than the gus and his clown show years.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-28-2018, 04:01 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Game has sure changed with the rules that make once common
plays now "un-necessary roughness"....begs the question ....just how do you
"nicely" tackle a QB,receiver or 230lb running back running wide open?

Time moves on though .....Jaguars are in a funk....but at least we're better off than the gus and his clown show years.

Agreed.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(11-28-2018, 03:24 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So it's been a pretty crazy 48hrs and I'm sure the questions will continue until Sunday, going to be a very interesting game against a Colts team on a roll.

I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling about this team and it's future...

Everything is up in the air. 

We know more changes are coming but don't know what they are. 
We can probably assume that if any key members of staff are still here there will be a mandate from Coughlin to at least make minor adjustments to scheme.  But it could just as easily be a new staff. 

I think we'll see TC still here and Marrone still here. Wash and Caldwell are both a coin toss IMO. May be here, may be gone. 

So - the answer is: 
I feel disappointed in the injuries  -  sorely let down by the staff's inability to build on last year's success -  and their failure to learn from last year's missteps. 

Moving forward - I have no idea how to feel until decisions are made about coaching and QB.

New HC OC and DC. If we dont find a QB in the draft bring in not to expensive Vet to compete with BB. Then get Tau in 2020.

Roster doesn't need to be dismantled the way it was after Gene Smith, but we do need to remember that this roster will have some drastic changes done to it due to salary cap. 5-6 guys will have to be cut. This upcoming draft is very important to have a quick turnaround next season and keep the ball rolling. Obviously most important would be finding a franchise QB who makes everyone around him better. Team also should consider giving the younger players more reps, see if they can be reliable as a player moving forward.

(11-28-2018, 03:24 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So it's been a pretty crazy 48hrs and I'm sure the questions will continue until Sunday, going to be a very interesting game against a Colts team on a roll.

I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling about this team and it's future. Let's be clear, being a Jags fan is usually a brutal ride but this year they are going for a new personal best. A fantastic season last year and a solid 4 game start, this team has fallen off a cliff and what was thought to be one of the most talented and exciting young teams in the league now looks like it has major problems on and off the field.

I know there are numerous threads on coaching, QB's 3rd but I'm wondering where people are on this team today. Present and future.

At this point in the season, I am content with competitive losses.  I value the draft capital over some empty victory.  I remember the Bradley era, and how badly we would lose.  I do not want to see that ever again. We are in the games this year. We are just vastly outmatched in talent and depth at a number of key positions on the roster.

I want to see young guys on the roster not giving up, developing their talent, and being bitter about each loss. When we wipe the slate clean next year, I want them to remember that bitterness, and let that motivate them to succeed.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 05:50 PM by Shelley Thompson.)

To answer the original question, I am interested in seeing if Kessler can succeed in getting our offense moving down the field, making first downs with his arm as well as with handoffs and dump offs. I am hoping he masters the “Brady Crouch Move” for when the pocket collapses so he can stay healthy.

I am also very interested in our Interim OC’s game plan to see if he gives all the wide receivers an equal opportunity to showcase their ability to contribute to a team win.

I am optimistic that this will provide the whole team with a fresh start of sorts like Malik said to show what you still got.

Marrone - one whistle away from a Super Bowl his first year buys him a chance at upgrading his staff for another run next year.

It seems to me as far as QB for 2019 goes we need a fairy godmother to fix our cap so we can afford to keep our defense flush plus sign Nick Foles to train our rookie QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(11-28-2018, 05:36 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 04:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Cool.

Talking about how tough you are on a message board kinda shows how soft you really are. Tough guys don't have to talk about how tough they are.

Well he can't punch you in the face to prove it over the internet, so what else can he do on a message board?  You want the DD-214 and the karate certs?

I'm feeling about the same way I felt after the 2016 season... Blake was terrible that year and felt even if we drafted a QB and he turned out to be good, we were still at least 2 years away from competing for playoffs or SB - no rookie QB has ever played in, let alone won a Super Bowl.  We are at square one until we have the right guy at that position.  Sucks.
Hey, whatever helps him feel better and lets him sleep at night. I was just concurring with another poster. 

To go with the original poster as you are, I think we are at least THREE years away.  Year one get a QB in, two get him established and 3 hopefully make waves.  Time will tell if we reach Detroit Lions' levels of sadness.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 06:11 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I still believe we have talented players on the roster, mainly on defense. I, like many others, believe we have to find a passing game, Fournette has to stay healthy and we need younger, fresher coaches who aren't stuck in their old philosophies for this team to get back on track. That means finding a new QB, adding more talent and depth to the O-Line and getting a new HC and Coordinators. If we can do these 3 things and find the right players in the draft, my confidence will be as high as it ever was, but a lot of things need to happen in the offseason for this to be accomplished. Right now, my confidence in the team is at an all time low, mainly because I expected such great things this year. I'm still holding out hope, we can turn things around in 2019.

At 3 - 8 it's hard to have have confidence in ANYBODY involved with that football team on a daily basis. But I am used to it by now. I didn't get too excited after last year. Because this season is classic Jacksonville since the 2000 season. I just hope Coughlin and Khan are able to fix this so we don't fall off the face of the earth for another 10 years. 

This roster does have talent on defense. But I think the offense in all honesty has wide open positions available for the taking. I don't see a legitimate No. 1 receiver on this roster. Robinson may be a stable fixture at LT but after seeing Linder once again fail to hold up physically for the 5th straight year in a row and with Norwell on IR this entire offensive line could use some upgrades next year. 

The RB position is iffy too. I know we have Fournette but with the suspensions last year, the injury this year and yet another stupid decision that got him suspended. I don't care if this team parts ways with him before his rookie contract expires. Yeldon probably walks during the off season. Can't say I blame him. Grant may never be the same guy after that injury. Hyde may be able to help out more. We'll see. 

But honestly going into next year it'll be yet another interesting off-season that probably leaves most of us on the edge of our seats and hoping for the best between the draft and free agency again. This team is in desperate need of a spark on offense. It's been an uphill battle since week one. And other than that New England game I have seldom felt confident or comfortable with this offense taking the field. 

We'll see.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."