Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How are we feeling?

This is a familiar wave incoming. But it hurt worse weeks ago, realizing not only that this team wasn't making the playoffs, but that once again, it would appear they're picking high up in the draft, and back to getting mocked regularly by talking heads everywhere. I was really hoping last year was going to signal a change to all of that. But oh well.

With that said, I agree with others. I don't think this rebuild will be as drastic as it had to be in the days of the Geneus...but I do think the staff needs to have it made clear that trying to run the ball and play strong defense - or just any standard conservative gameplan - is not the way to win games these days. It works, but in small doses. This team NEEDS to find a way to fix the Oline, though I still hold some faith in Cam Robinson's development. I think Linder, when he comes back, will be solid as always. Hopefully it'll be the same case with Norwell..

Also, the receivers and the TE position STILL need to be addressed; at least, in my opinion. I'm still not convinced that there is a #1 WR on this team yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it all starts with Haskins/Herbert/Grier. Make sure the one you choose is your guy and put the staff/players around them to succeed.

Mayfield has Chubb, Njoku, Landry and a soon to be (most likely) an offensive minded HC.
Rosen has Kirk, Fitz, DJ and a high draft choice to help that OLine.
Mahomes and Goff have everything lol
Darnold has the least amount of help but they have the most cap space and another high draft pick. Also a new HC.

(11-28-2018, 07:42 PM)Nikowho Wrote: This is a familiar wave incoming. But it hurt worse weeks ago, realizing not only that this team wasn't making the playoffs, but that once again, it would appear they're picking high up in the draft, and back to getting mocked regularly by talking heads everywhere. I was really hoping last year was going to signal a change to all of that. But oh well.

With that said, I agree with others. I don't think this rebuild will be as drastic as it had to be in the days of the Geneus...but I do think the staff needs to have it made clear that trying to run the ball and play strong defense - or just any standard conservative gameplan - is not the way to win games these days. It works, but in small doses. This team NEEDS to find a way to fix the Oline, though I still hold some faith in Cam Robinson's development. I think Linder, when he comes back, will be solid as always. Hopefully it'll be the same case with Norwell..

Also, the receivers and the TE position STILL need to be addressed; at least, in my opinion. I'm still not convinced that there is a #1 WR on this team yet.

I am going to reserve judgment about our receivers for when they are running routes in time with a QB who can read defenses quickly, look off a defender and deliver spirals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(11-28-2018, 03:25 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Done with the NFL.

Just a really boring product with nothing but morons running around pretending that they're tough.

[Image: giphy.gif]
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 09:20 PM by Jags32250.)

How I feel:

1. The rules are ruining the game.
2. It’s hard to endorse most of the players cough cough thugs, which makes it sucks even more that Blake Bortles sucks cause I really like that guy.
3. We almost made the super bowl last year, not sure the common opinion to fire all coaching and front office staff makes sense.
4. I liked Nathaniel Hackett, wasn’t his fault.
5. I don’t want to win another game and draft best available QB.
6. Our window isn’t closed, tons of talent still.
7. Spend the rest of the draft focused on OL.
8. Refer back to comment 1.
9. The worst thing that happened to this franchise was the Steelers playoff game. It was fun, but would have served us better than n the long run had Blake been Blake. He was pathetic the week before and probably would’ve been written off.

(11-28-2018, 09:16 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: How I feel:

1. The rules are ruining the game.
2. It’s hard to endorse most of the NFL players cough cough thugs, with my fandoms which makes it sucks even more that Blake Bortles sucks cause I really like that guy.
3. We almost made the super bowl last year, not sure the common opinion to fire all coaching and front office staff makes sense.
4. I liked Nathaniel Hackett, wasn’t his fault.
5. I don’t want to win another game and draft best available QB.
6. Our window isn’t closed, tons of talent still.
7. Spend the rest of the draft focused on OL.
8. Refer back to comment 1.
9. The worst thing that happened to this franchise was the Steelers playoff game. It was fun, but would have served us better than n the long run had Blake been Blake. He was pathetic the week before and probably would’ve been written off.

[Image: anxiety-memes-16.jpg]

I'm actually getting excited.  

Bortles will be off the roster.  Looks like the entire coaching staff is gone as well.  

New QB, new HC, new coordinators.  

The roster has some talent, much better than the Gene Smith days.  I don't think 2019 is our year, but 2020 - maybe.

I’m absolutely disappointed with how the season turned out. We had a taste of success for only one season. Now we are back to where we werw with Gus and co.

Kinda burned out too since last year was so exciting and this year had so much promise, only to get my heart ripped out. Almost can’t help but feel paranoid that this is part of some plan to lose the fanbase so a certain owner can move the team without feeling too guilty about it

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018, 07:56 AM by irontrooper83.)

I don't think the roster is in a completely bad shape.
The defense needs mainly a new defensive coordinator and some depth but the core and talent is more than enough to compete and win games.

The offense obviously needs a QB, big help on the offensive line (Parnell & Cann likely gone, Cam will be back but it wasn't a superstar before injury, Linder struggles to stay healthy, I think Norwell will be better but at the moment is not a guarantee) and at least a TE to help ASJ (which I'd keep and I'm confident that with better QB play he will contribute).

Oline together with QB play is what matters the most in today's NFL. New Orleans and the Colts are showing it big time.

We need to get the QB pick right and the Oline help right. If we do that and with a new DC who fixes those atrocious breakdowns we'll get back to being very functional again.
Do I have faith in Coughlin to get the right guy at QB and the Oline to be well fixed within one offseason? Well...that's another story.

ASJ is the Sam Bradford of tight ends.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Friendly reminder to stay on topic.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I feel fine. I'm not going to let this football team dictate my life or attitude. There's bigger, more important people to gut and fry..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Absent a splash signing at QB this offseason, season ticket renewals are going to be brutal in April. Last season they raised prices as high as 30% so I think most all of the newbies and some of the long time buyers are going to pass on renewing.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 10:50 AM by RicoTx.)

How am I feeling?  

I think that Egg McMuffin and hash browns gave me a little heartburn.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-30-2018, 10:50 AM)Rico Wrote: How am I feeling?  

I think that Egg McMuffin and hash browns gave me a little heartburn.

One or the other bro....i'm too old to do both now.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(11-28-2018, 03:25 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Done with the NFL.

Just a really boring product with nothing but morons running around pretending that they're tough.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c0191767a4f446b49b17ae9]

I'm feeling good about the changes. I feel bad about the season and the lack of expectations despite how the season started (2-0). Kessler will get a legitimate audition but with so many injuries on the offensive line it's hard to pin point how good he could be in the near future for the team. Coughlin will have it out this off-season. This was a trademark of his yesterdays when he would have a great year followed by a sub par year which led to his initial firing from Jacksonville. The defense should be good enough to give us a chance to win every single of our remaining games and if Kessler performs well he stays on the team and is probably the pre-season starter regardless of who we draft.
No pain, no gain.

(12-01-2018, 01:44 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I'm feeling good about the changes. I feel bad about the season and the lack of expectations despite how the season started (2-0). Kessler will get a legitimate audition but with so many injuries on the offensive line it's hard to pin point how good he could be in the near future for the team. Coughlin will have it out this off-season. This was a trademark of his yesterdays when he would have a great year followed by a sub par year which led to his initial firing from Jacksonville. The defense should be good enough to give us a chance to win every single of our remaining games and if Kessler performs well he stays on the team and is probably the pre-season starter regardless of who we draft.

What the heck are you talking about.  Until they had to dismantle because of the salary cap, he was a consistent winner.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-28-2018, 03:24 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So it's been a pretty crazy 48hrs and I'm sure the questions will continue until Sunday, going to be a very interesting game against a Colts team on a roll.

I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling about this team and it's future. Let's be clear, being a Jags fan is usually a brutal ride but this year they are going for a new personal best. A fantastic season last year and a solid 4 game start, this team has fallen off a cliff and what was thought to be one of the most talented and exciting young teams in the league now looks like it has major problems on and off the field.

I know there are numerous threads on coaching, QB's 3rd but I'm wondering where people are on this team today. Present and future.

Do you still have confidence in this roster?

Since all my negative emotions from the last 2 weeks have finally passed, I can answer the question objectively, and I would say, I think we have a good roster when they are all healthy.   The big problem this year is that our offensive line and tight ends have been slaughtered by injuries, and our defense has had some coaching issues.  

But I think if we invest some money or draft picks at QB and TE this offseason, we'll be ready to take another run at the playoffs.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2018, 11:37 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(12-01-2018, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 03:24 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So it's been a pretty crazy 48hrs and I'm sure the questions will continue until Sunday, going to be a very interesting game against a Colts team on a roll.

I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling about this team and it's future. Let's be clear, being a Jags fan is usually a brutal ride but this year they are going for a new personal best. A fantastic season last year and a solid 4 game start, this team has fallen off a cliff and what was thought to be one of the most talented and exciting young teams in the league now looks like it has major problems on and off the field.

I know there are numerous threads on coaching, QB's 3rd but I'm wondering where people are on this team today. Present and future.

Do you still have confidence in this roster?

Since all my negative emotions from the last 2 weeks have finally passed, I can answer the question objectively, and I would say, I think we have a good roster when they are all healthy.   The big problem this year is that our offensive line and tight ends have been slaughtered by injuries, and our defense has had some coaching issues.  

But I think if we invest some money or draft picks at QB and TE this offseason, we'll be ready to take another run at the playoffs.

I really do agree here. The offense ran into a meat grinder  

There is definitely plenty of talent here to make a run if QB is properly addressed