Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College QBs 2018 Season/2019 Draft

Seems like we are having a lot of discussions about a few college QBs so why not put them all in one section?

Which QB do you think can really improve his stock over the next few games? My guess is Haskins. If he can somehow get into the playoff and have a good game against Alabama, I think he's your QB1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trevor Lawrence. He good.

(11-28-2018, 05:38 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Trevor Lawrence. He good.

He a true Freshman. He not draft eligible.

(11-28-2018, 06:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

He a true Freshman. He not draft eligible.

I know. The OP just said stock. 

He could improve his stock when he comes out for the draft by playing well in these next 3  games

He is gonna be great.  Will be a Luck type prospect

For those interested in the more typical considerations in the 2019 draft, here's one site's way too early list:

[Image: ScreenShot2018-11-28at5.39.37PM.png]

I think Eric Dungey from Syracuse could be a guy who could continue to see his stock rise.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 08:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Grier and Minshew

Jarrett Stidham sucks.

I'd be relatively confident in saying that Haskins, Herbert and Lock will be the 3 first round picks.

Then at the top of the 2nd the Jags will be well primed to land someone like Grier or Brett Rypien.

Prefer Grier but Rypien would be a decent consolation prize for us if our goal is simply to find a starting caliber QB. Really smart guy who can cut up the middle of the field.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 07:53 PM by Caldrac.)

Haskins and Grier will more than likely separate themselves a little bit more between now and the combine process. I think Haskins' ability in the pocket and accuracy and Grier's overall arm strength and grittiness will net them a popular following among the scouts and coaches. Really don't think our team could go wrong with either guy. And I know we keep seeing Lock and Herbert hyped up by the MSM. I just don't see it nor like those two guys.

If I had to pick though I would pick Haskins. He's a great passer. Looks comfortable. Great ball placement. I like everything I have seen out of him. And I think he'll fit in with most of today's NFL offenses.

Grier has a bit of a gun slinger mold to him. I see a Matthew Stafford type of career out of him in the NFL. But if he ends up here hopefully the front office builds around him properly and doesn't leave him hanging the way Detroit has done things with Stafford. Outside of those two guys who could be our 1st RD pick in a few months, or possibly we trade up to land one of them by packaging up those third round picks we have, there's just not a ton of other QB's that I like.

Finley would be a nice insurance move if he's there in RD4 or RD6. He's more of a game manager. Protects the ball well. But we may have that guy already in Kessler. And maybe that other kid out of Duke. Daniel Jones.

It's an interesting QB class for sure though going into next year. Depending on where you look. You'll see Lock and Herbert being touted as top five overall selections. With Haskins and Grier being graded anywhere between late 1st RD to early 3rd RD. I don't know if maybe Lock and Herbert have a higher ceiling at the next level. I can just tell you that I have never really been all that impressed by Lock.

I have watched the kid off and on since he's in the SEC and I am a Bulldogs fan. He doesn't really have an accurate arm, he seldom shows up in big games, he's barely .500 or just under .500 within the SEC conference. He just doesn't convince me that he's ready for the NFL from day one. Herbert I think gets a lot of looks because of his size. 6'6 and 225. He has a lot of frame there to build into. But when I looked at his game logs for this year. He's way too inconsistent. And that 59% completion percentage is a major turn off for me.

I always, ALWAYS circle back to accuracy with these kids coming out of college. If they can't crack that 64% mark completion wise I just don't like them. Unless they have crazy legs and mobility for the position. Then they may be able to overcome their lack of accuracy at this level. But I don't know if Herbert has those legs and mobility.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Haskins is my clear favorite and I think the closer we get to the draft, the higher his stock will be. He has everything you want in your franchise QB.

I’m intrigued by Grier but I need to watch him play more. He puts up insane numbers but all Big12 QBs do.

I’m also very intrigued by Tyree Jackson. I’ve seen this dude throw the ball 50 yards on a rope.

(11-28-2018, 07:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I always, ALWAYS circle back to accuracy with these kids coming out of college. If they can't crack that 64% mark completion wise I just don't like them. Unless they have crazy legs and mobility for the position. Then they may be able to overcome their lack of accuracy at this level. But I don't know if Herbert has those legs and mobility.

I know guys can get marginally more accurate with proper mechanics.  But do they really grow that much?  Seems that accuracy is more a talent than not.  And if a kid isn't accurate, I don't want to waste any time with him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/...6129613830

Here's a ton of clips for Tyree Jackson he is very interesting as probably a 2nd round pick.

(11-29-2018, 01:03 AM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/...6129613830

Here's a ton of clips for Tyree Jackson he is very interesting as probably a 2nd round pick.

I'd love him here, I'm just not sure I have any faith in us developing him correctly atm.  

Maybe if we get a progressive OC

(11-29-2018, 01:03 AM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/...6129613830

The guy is huge, definitely has a big arm

I've only just started looking at some QB's for the draft...is it me or there's more talent than suggested by media/hype? I kept reading how 2019 would be a bad draft for QB but doesn't seem worse than other years to me. Maybe not a clear superstar out there but a few guys with good traits and qualities that can be developed.

(11-29-2018, 01:38 AM)JackCity Wrote:

I'd love him here, I'm just not sure I have any faith in us developing him correctly atm.  

Praying to all things holy that this is the case.

(11-29-2018, 11:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 01:38 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'd love him here, I'm just not sure I have any faith in us developing him correctly atm.  

Praying to all things holy that this is the case.

Hoping Marrone sees that it's kinda vital he nails the OC hire.  

Not sure if Tom will just pick him one (I'm sure he has a decent say) but a dud OC for 2019 and you can call the Marrone era a wrap.

(11-29-2018, 08:02 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I've only just started looking at some QB's for the draft...is it me or there's more talent than suggested by media/hype? I kept reading how 2019 would be a bad draft for QB but doesn't seem worse than other years to me. Maybe not a clear superstar out there but a few guys with good traits and qualities that can be developed.

When it comes to fans... if a guy they like (probably from the school they root for) isn't in the draft = "next years crop is better"

But as I've said before... I hear this every year it seems "next years QB crop is better" or "gotta get one now, next years crop is slim"
Truth is, they don't know. They are guessing.