Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College QBs 2018 Season/2019 Draft

(12-01-2018, 10:15 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 07:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Kyle Shurmur of Vanderbilt is my late round sleeper.

Vandy!  My boy!  I'll be surprised if he doesnt get drafted late.  Big guy, solid arm, not much of a runner but does a good job moving in the pocket.  Good leader.  He really improved every year and finished with a great senior season.  64% comp% 23/6 TD/INT ratio.  Over the last two years he threw 49 TDs and 16 INTs.  A pretty good ratio considering they are competing in the SEC where they are out talented almost every game.  But honestly in my mind, he screams backup.  Coaches kid. Knows the game.  Has enough tools you could try to develop and is probably great to have on the roster.  I have a hard time seeing him develop into a front line starter.  Comparing to past Vandy QBs I've seen, he isn't as naturally talented as Jay Cutler was though.  Not even close really.  Too bad you couldnt combine Cutler's physical skillset with all of Shurmur's intangibles.  You'd probably have an all-pro NFL QB.

I really like Shurmur. He shows much better pocket awareness and accuracy than Cutler ever did. True he doesn't have the arm talent Cutler did, but IMO, Shurmur has a higher football I.Q.. As far as I have heard, his teammates seem to like him too. Cutler wasn't very liked on any team he went to. He just gave off an "off putting" type of arrogance. That is not a good quality in a QB. I'd love to draft a QB in the first round and then double up with Shurmur in the 6th or 7th.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-29-2018, 09:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Not sure how high Daniel Jones will go but Haskins round 1 and Jones round 3? Ala RG3 and Cousins.

Would love it. I mean if we manage to get Haskins I'd be super happy anyway.

Found this scouting report on Daniel Jones, it's pretty interesting, at least for me that I could learn more about this guy:
https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...iel-jones/

Man this Fromm kid looks terrific..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(12-01-2018, 07:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Man this Fromm kid looks terrific..

Hes good

Jalen hurts, stronger arm than Tua

Tua is great when not under pressure. When under pressure though Tua is not good at all. He is going to have a rude awakening when he comes to the pros and he dont have the time like he does behind the Alabama oline

Time to see what Haskins Jr got for the Jaguars.

I've seen enough, Jaguars gonna need to start piling up assets to trade up to #1 to get Haskins.

Tua, while I love his game, is now damaged goods. He will only get more injury prone the longer he stays at Alabama.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-01-2018, 10:56 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Tua, while I love his game, is now damaged goods. He will only get more injury prone the longer he stays at Alabama.

Injury prone behind the best oline?

(12-02-2018, 02:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 10:56 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Tua, while I love his game, is now damaged goods. He will only get more injury prone the longer he stays at Alabama.

Injury prone behind the best oline?

Best O-Line? I disagree. Outside of Williams, they are pretty average. In fact, IMO, the interior is a weak area. Cotton and Piersbacher in particular, have allowed a lot of QB pressures and hits, when I've watched them.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 09:37 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-02-2018, 05:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 02:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Injury prone behind the best oline?

Best O-Line? I disagree. Outside of Williams, they are pretty average. In fact, IMO, the interior is a weak area. Cotton and Piersbacher in particular, have allowed a lot of QB pressures and hits, when I've watched them.

Usually the only time a team gets pressure is when one blitzes against him.  Even last night when he was pressured most of the time it was because Tua held the ball to long.   I dont see how you can say their oline is average if you watch the Jags every week and Alabama most weeks.  I bet if you pull up the stats Tua has 2 averages 2 times as much time than Bortles does when he drops back before pressured.  

Most of the time when Tua gets sacked it's because he holds the ball to long not because of a free rusher coming in or the oline getting beat

Here is some oline rankings, not to mention they have the best receiving corps

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaol

Best oline would be Wisconsin, Bama probably next though

(12-02-2018, 09:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 05:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Best O-Line? I disagree. Outside of Williams, they are pretty average. In fact, IMO, the interior is a weak area. Cotton and Piersbacher in particular, have allowed a lot of QB pressures and hits, when I've watched them.

Usually the only time a team gets pressure is when one blitzes against him.  Even last night when he was pressured most of the time it was because Tua held the ball to long.   I dont see how you can say their oline is average if you watch the Jags every week and Alabama most weeks.  I bet if you pull up the stats Tua has 2 averages 2 times as much time than Bortles does when he drops back before pressured.  

Most of the time when Tua gets sacked it's because he holds the ball to long not because of a free rusher coming in or the oline getting beat

IMO, the Alabama O-Line is pretty average, but the Jags O-Line is flat out pathetic! I'd be very happy with our O-Line being average. We strive for average. We've had so many injuries on the O-Line, it's on the verge of being unbelievable. That is why I've been "banging the gavel" to draft more O-Linemen. Our lack of depth in this area was a contributor to our downfall. When we bring in a new QB, this is an area that must be fixed. Comparing Alabama's O-Line to our own is like comparing a store bought tomato (which is fine, but nothing special) to a rotten tomato, festering with maggots.

Trade #6 pick and Ramsey or a future first round, to get the 1st overall pick to draft Haskins Jr.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 10:49 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-02-2018, 10:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 09:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Usually the only time a team gets pressure is when one blitzes against him.  Even last night when he was pressured most of the time it was because Tua held the ball to long.   I dont see how you can say their oline is average if you watch the Jags every week and Alabama most weeks.  I bet if you pull up the stats Tua has 2 averages 2 times as much time than Bortles does when he drops back before pressured.  

IMO, the Alabama O-Line is pretty average, but the Jags O-Line is flat out pathetic! I'd be very happy with our O-Line being average. We strive for average. We've had so many injuries on the O-Line, it's on the verge of being unbelievable. That is why I've been "banging the gavel" to draft more O-Linemen. Our lack of depth in this area was a contributor to our downfall. When we bring in a new QB, this is an area that must be fixed. Comparing Alabama's O-Line to our own is like comparing a store bought tomato (which is fine, but nothing special) to a rotten tomato, festering with maggots.
Regardless what our oline looks like Alabamas oline is much better than average lol.  There is a reason Tua didnt even play in 4th quarters this season.  Its because their oline gave Tua time to pick defenses apart not to mention the huge holes in the run game.  Alabama and Wis. have the best olines every year and nothing has changed.  Its clear you havent watched Alabama to much but if Alabama's oline is average id love to see a good one.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 12:16 PM by Mowerguy.)

how come Alabama QB's don't succeed in the nFL?
Last one was who....AJ McCarron?

Maybe Kessler can hold the fort until we can grab Fromm as a junior
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Haskins... meh.

We need to stop propping guys who aren't top prospects as top prospects. Top of class doesn't meant a top NFL caliber prospect. Just because TwitterScoutTM raves doesn't mean we have to fall in line with that opinion. They are typically sub-500 on such evaluations because they are desperate to "call" the next star.

If he comes out, Herbert is the one and only to target.

If not, you're getting a backup or middling qb that isn't the franchise, like what we've perpetually had (at best.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 01:40 PM by JackCity.)

(12-02-2018, 01:17 PM)pirkster Wrote: Haskins... meh.

We need to stop propping guys who aren't top prospects as top prospects.  Top of class doesn't meant a top NFL caliber prospect.  Just because TwitterScoutTM raves doesn't mean we have to fall in line with that opinion.  They are typically sub-500 on such evaluations because they are desperate to "call" the next star.

If not, you're getting a backup or middling qb that isn't the franchise, like what we've perpetually had (at best.)

Haskins is a top caliber NFL prospect though. Just because you say Herbert is the one and only to target doesn't make it so (and wouldn't be backed up by anything).  

Kinda like how you were very very certain Deshaun Watson wasn't a top prospect (and were adamant it was a poor QB class)

(12-02-2018, 01:17 PM)pirkster Wrote: Haskins... meh.

We need to stop propping guys who aren't top prospects as top prospects.  Top of class doesn't meant a top NFL caliber prospect.  Just because TwitterScoutTM raves doesn't mean we have to fall in line with that opinion.  They are typically sub-500 on such evaluations because they are desperate to "call" the next star.

What about Haskins game do you not like?

He's big, accurate, has a strong arm and doesn't turn the ball over. He destroyed the top defense in the country 2 weeks ago.