Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey's autograph

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 08:17 PM by Brett.)

As most of you know, I live in Nashville, TN. I've never once lived a day in Jacksonville let alone been to Jacksonville or been to a game there. Just been a die hard fan since they came into the league because I liked their logo at 12 years old.

Anyways, I know for most of you getting an autograph and especially a player for the Jaguars probably isn't a huge deal but for me it is since I'm not from there. A few weeks ago, I made a post about a video featuring Jalen Ramsey found here:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=29217

In the video, it features Jalen visiting a local shop here in Nashville and by watching the video I thought he looked pretty close to the owner and the store in general. You know the saying, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take?". I decided to act upon it by reaching out to the store owner and letting him know my fan status as a Jaguars fan here in Nashville. I mentioned that I saw this video documentary on Ramsey and his store being featured in it. I told him I didn't know what I was really asking for but based off how close he was to Jalen, I would love an autograph or something especially a personalized one. I just figured it was a long shot and the worst he could say was no...much to my surprise the store owner was very nice and agreed that he would get me something and even mail it to me for free. During our bye week, Jalen came by his store when he was in Nashville and signed the cover of an Eastbay magazine for me. It wasn't personalized like I was hoping for but oh well! I've talked to the store owner a few times since then and he has told me how close he is to Jalen and his family (they touch base regularly on phone calls during the week when he isn't in town).

Anyways, I was debating on posting this because I realize it's only an autograph but I just thought the way I took a wild shot and actually got it was pretty cool. I'm going to get a frame for it and put it up!

[Image: 2s6t1m0.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Very cool, Brett. Are you going to the game Thursday? I'm about 100 miles from Nashville, but can't make it this year.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2018, 10:21 AM by Brett.)

Thanks rollerjag! Where do you live by the way? My wife and I have talked about it but I don't think we are going to go this year.

(12-01-2018, 10:17 AM)Brett Wrote: Thanks rollerjag! Where do you live by the way? My wife and I have talked about it but I don't think we are going to go this year.

I doubt you've heard of my tiny community, but may know stories (and songs) about Grundy County. I'm about 17 miles from the Monteagle exit off I-24.

I would go if it weren't a night game.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-30-2018, 08:14 PM)Brett Wrote: As most of you know, I live in Nashville, TN. I've never once lived a day in Jacksonville let alone been to Jacksonville or been to a game there. Just been a die hard fan since they came into the league because I liked their logo at 12 years old.

Anyways, I was debating on posting this because I realize it's only an autograph but I just thought the way I took a wild shot and actually got it was pretty cool. I'm going to get a frame for it and put it up!

I think it's a very cool piece of memorabilia. A cool photo from early in his career will be a nice thing to have when (and if) he's being nominated to the HOF one day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Very cool and unique !!!