Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former President George H.W. Bush dies at age 94

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2018, 06:38 AM by The Drifter.)

Former President George H.W. Bush dies at age 94

George Herbert Walker Bush, whose lone term as the 41st president of the United States ushered in the final days of the Cold War and perpetuated a family political dynasty that influenced American politics at both the national and state levels for decades, died Friday evening in Houston. He was 94.

https://www.chron.com/national/article/F...861301.php
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

RIP 41, if only you'd kept your promise.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Rest In Peace Mr. President.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

RIP. 94 is a lot of years to live in this day and age.

President Bush lived a life of service. I didn't always agree with his policies, but I admired his integrity and humility.

RIP
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

A true moderate, and far more importantly, by all accounts a good man.

Rip 41 by all accounts a true servents heart
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

He lived a full life few others have or will.

His life story is a fascinating, accomplished one. It's worth visiting for those who are unaware of his experiences, and worth revisiting for those who are.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Amazing how much the press seems to love Bush after his death solely in the name of insulting Trump. Where was this love in 1992?

He was one of the last presidents actually willing to work with the other side. That is all but a thing of the past now. That hasn't happened in like 13 years. It's also telling of his personality that Democrats like Obama and Bill Clinton ended up being friends with him. RIP.

(12-04-2018, 08:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Amazing how much the press seems to love Bush after his death solely in the name of insulting Trump. Where was this love in 1992?

Lol, you know that the only good Republican is a dead Republican.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 11:27 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-04-2018, 08:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Amazing how much the press seems to love Bush after his death solely in the name of insulting Trump. Where was this love in 1992?

That's incorrect.  A lot of news has been centered around Bush's life of serving and placing his life on the line for this country, something the current president had managed to elude as he dodged the draft 6x

(12-04-2018, 09:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He was one of the last presidents actually willing to work with the other side. That is all but a thing of the past now. That hasn't happened in like 13 years. It's also telling of his personality that Democrats like Obama and Bill Clinton ended up being friends with him. RIP.

Disagree.  I think Clinton and GW Bush worked well with the other party.  The fallout came when the republicans refused to work with Obama.  As such, the Dems have mirrored that idiotic approach by attempting to veto every good and bad policy our current president presents.

(12-04-2018, 11:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

That's incorrect.  A lot of news has been centered around Bush's life of serving and placing his life on the line for this country, something the current president had managed to elude as he dodged the draft 6x

Na...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4h-m2Qk5k8

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 12:23 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Some of the highlights of George Herbert Walker Bush's career:

GHWB was the son of the most powerful American Nazi, Preston Bush.
GHWB established the CIA by running an illegal surveillance network during WW2.
GHWB was the paymaster for the JFK hit.
GHWB and Bill Clinton ran guns, drugs, cash and sex slaves through the Mena. AR airport.
GHWB lied America into the first Gulf War with the fake story of Iraqi atrocities in Kuwait.
GHWB was dining with the Bin Laden family at the DC Ritz-Carlton on 9/11/2001.
GHWB is a sexual predator who can't keep his hands off women's rear ends.

(12-04-2018, 12:22 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Some of the highlights of George Herbert Walker Bush's career:

GHWB and Bill Clinton ran guns, drugs, cash and sex slaves through the Mena. AR airport.  
GHWB lied America into the first Gulf War with the fake story of Iraqi atrocities in Kuwait.  

lol ... please, don't ever stop posting. I knew this stupidity was coming, just wondered what took you so long. Was Alex Jones on vacation?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 02:03 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-04-2018, 11:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 11:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: That's incorrect.  A lot of news has been centered around Bush's life of serving and placing his life on the line for this country, something the current president had managed to elude as he dodged the draft 6x

Na...

You just proved my point.

(12-04-2018, 02:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 11:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Na...

You just proved my point.

What are you talking about? The original intent of my post was stating how the MSM is using Bush' death to kick Trump. That isn't really debatable.

(12-04-2018, 02:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 02:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: You just proved my point.

What are you talking about? The original intent of my post was stating how the MSM is SOLELY using Bush' death to kick Trump. That isn't really debatable.

I added the word you conveniently left out this time.  Conversely speaking, I actually saw where CNN commended Bush on raising taxes but noted that he failed to communicate his rationale in layman's terms so the people could fully understand his justification (breaking his promise).  Also, all 3 MSM markets are commending Bush for his military service.

(12-04-2018, 01:26 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 12:22 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Some of the highlights of George Herbert Walker Bush's career:

lol ... please, don't ever stop posting. I knew this stupidity was coming, just wondered what took you so long. Was Alex Jones on vacation?

Which part did you think wasn't true? I think Time Magazine covered most of it. Don't you subscribe?

(12-04-2018, 09:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He was one of the last presidents actually willing to work with the other side. That is all but a thing of the past now. That hasn't happened in like 13 years. It's also telling of his personality that Democrats like Obama and Bill Clinton ended up being friends with him. RIP.

He worked with the other side and they turned on him at the first opportunity, thereby making him the last one term president.  

He was a good man.  No one should ever question that he put the country ahead of the party.  It is such a sad situation we are in now.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.