Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kessler provided the needed spark today on offense.....

So now Bortles would've given us "our best chance to win" again? Oehser would love you guys.
Even when BB5 "plays well", he's a train ready to come off the tracks with shaky throws, a windmill wonky windup Don Quixote would be clanking his sword off of, tipped balls, missed reads, bonking our own linemen in the backs of their heads with Eephus balls and looking like he has all the confidence of a virgin on his first date. Kessler didn't screw up the game. He threw spirals. He looked like at least a professional QB and the defense wasn't ready to mutiny seeing him out there.
How about "We won and the QB didn't screw it up" and we got a much needed break from BB5? isn't that enough?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No becasuse it's stupid. He scored 6 points against an average Indy D. He didn't even run out the clock with a drive or anything.

Kessler is what you want out of a Backup QB (which is ALL HE IS).

- Cheap (much cheaper than what the Jags are paying the starter to get basically the same results)
- Able to play steady, spot duty if the starter gets hurt.
- basic, game-managing, play calls
- safe, accurate passing
- not take too many risks and make killer mistakes

A guy like that can manage to get the team a couple wins if the starter is out for 3-4 weeks as long as the defense plays well.

You guys that are trying to compare Kessler to Bortles are crazy, IMO.

Kessler is a cheap, backup caliber QB. That's all he is.
Bortles is expensive,, paid to be the "man".

The bar for Bortles is and should be set much higher (obviously).

They're both backups at this point.

Too bad we don't have Rodgers....Having a franchise QB is all we need!
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-02-2018, 07:03 PM)jagherd Wrote: Kessler is what you want out of a Backup QB (which is ALL HE IS).

- Cheap  (much cheaper than what the Jags are paying the starter to get basically the same results)
        - safe, accurate passing

A guy like that can manage to get the team a couple wins if the starter is out for 3-4 weeks as long as the defense plays well.

Realness here ^ as usual from a longtime, level-headed poster.

(12-02-2018, 05:31 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 05:29 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Well, he completed 75% of his passes. Think Bortles could do that in a flag football game?

And every ball I saw was a crisp spiral that he looked relaxed throwing, so there's that drastic improvement as well.

You guys really believe we would've won today with Bortles under center?

At this point in the season a win is actually a loss for fans that will be around for years to come.

Congrats to Kessler for continually managing to recover his own fumbles.

^hehe

(12-02-2018, 07:22 PM)old_man Wrote: Too bad we don't have Rodgers....Having a franchise QB is all we need!

The sarcasm is strong with this one!  I approve.

We have as many wins without having a diva qb.   Big Grin Banana
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 07:37 PM by old_man.)

(12-02-2018, 06:46 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: So now Bortles would've given us "our best chance to win" again? Oehser would love you guys.
Even when BB5 "plays well", he's a train ready to come off the tracks with shaky throws, a windmill wonky windup Don Quixote would be clanking his sword off of, tipped balls, missed reads, bonking our own linemen in the backs of their heads with Eephus balls and looking like he has all the confidence of a virgin on his first date. Kessler didn't screw up the game. He threw spirals. He looked like at least a professional QB and the defense wasn't ready to mutiny seeing him out there.
How about "We won and the QB didn't screw it up" and we got a much needed break from BB5? isn't that enough?

Yeah.  he was awesome.....

(12-02-2018, 05:04 PM)Eric1 Wrote: All he did was check the ball down to Yeldon lol... This game was all Defense.

I could have swore it was Bortles back there.....had to get my glasses.

Maybe it doesn't matter who the QB is with all the missing pieces on offense.

(12-02-2018, 07:34 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 06:46 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: So now Bortles would've given us "our best chance to win" again? Oehser would love you guys.

Yeah.  he was awesome.....

(12-02-2018, 05:04 PM)Eric1 Wrote: All he did was check the ball down to Yeldon lol... This game was all Defense.

I could have swore it was Bortles back there.....had to get my glasses.

Maybe it doesn't matter who the QB is with all the missing pieces on offense.

Yup, the only thing that was missing was a classic Bortles like wobbly duck, tossed up into triple coverage and it would have been exactly the same lol.

It's ok though, this is about what we all expected I'm sure. We knew it wasn't going to automatically change and be different with Kessler. He is, what he is.

Hes got the final 4 games to put out some more tape and show why he should stay as the backup QB next year. He'll only make a little over $900k next season, so hes super cheap.

Its pretty obvious that we have to go hard after a QB at the top of the draft.

(12-02-2018, 07:03 PM)jagherd Wrote: Kessler is what you want out of a Backup QB (which is ALL HE IS).

- Cheap  (much cheaper than what the Jags are paying the starter to get basically the same results)
        - safe, accurate passing

This. Can we just copy and paste this and pin it to the top of every Bortles and Kessler thread?

(12-02-2018, 09:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

- safe, accurate passing

This. Can we just copy and paste this and pin it to the top of every Bortles and Kessler thread?

This. We need a QB and an offense. Kessler is no kind of answer and neither is Bottles.

Those six points were exhilarating to watch almost break the circuit board on the big score board. (In all honesty, given the game plan, Keesler did great by not turning it over. Congrats on the 1-0 record as the Jags started!)
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I really like Lock.

With all the offensive fire work around the league, this was a crazy defensive showing. I bet they will bury the "highlights" on the sports shows.

Man our oline is messed up bad. Plus the refs called an odd game. I couldn't believe we got some holding calls.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

He was running for his life. What did you expect? Lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 10:01 PM by jjgator.)

(12-02-2018, 09:55 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: With all the offensive fire work around the league, this was a crazy defensive showing. I bet they will bury the "highlights" on the sports shows.

Man our oline is messed up bad. Plus the refs called an odd game. I couldn't believe we got some holding calls.

The D really showed up today. I think they've been really frustrated with the O for a long time (as we all have). My Gators had a similar problem for years. I think one of our main problems is leadership (on both sides of the ball and in the coaching staff)

Draft a real QB and make Cody Kessler the D Coordinator! Get rid of Wash. They haven't played like that all year.

Kinda of odd they fired Hackett and did the same things. Probably could have just benched Borrles without a firing but you gotta have a show. I don't have a problem with letting anyone go it just is odd.

I sure hope we don't get smacked next week.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-02-2018, 11:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Kinda of odd they fired Hackett and did the same things. Probably could have just benched Borrles without a firing but you gotta have a show. I don't have a problem with letting anyone go it just is odd.

I sure hope we don't get smacked next week.

All about the optics.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

If out of draft position to draft the qb they want just package some picks and move up got to.
No Fun