Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Those Who Are Upset We Won, Go Pound Sand!

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 06:50 PM by SamusAranX.)

Seriously. 

I will never root against the Jags, no matter how frustrating they are playing. 

Teams don’t and shouldn’t tank. And you should not root against them either. 

I don’t care if it was 2-0 or 30-27 I’m just happy to have a fun Sunday again. Feels nice

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll never bash anyone who feels like you, but I'll also never bash anyone who realizes we just went from what would have been 3rd or 4th pick in the draft to 9th. That could easily cost us a franchise changing QB. There are multiple angles to look at it.

(12-02-2018, 07:05 PM)Upper Wrote: I'll never bash anyone who feels like you, but I'll also never bash anyone who realizes we just went from what would have been 3rd or 4th pick in the draft to 9th. That could easily cost us a franchise changing QB. There are multiple angles to look at it.

We have had top picks over the last 10 years and still haven’t found a QB and your upset going to a 9th?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-02-2018, 07:05 PM)Upper Wrote: I'll never bash anyone who feels like you, but I'll also never bash anyone who realizes we just went from what would have been 3rd or 4th pick in the draft to 9th. That could easily cost us a franchise changing QB. There are multiple angles to look at it.

The draft is a crap shoot. There's probably more busts taken in the top 5 then future HOFers. I'll take the wins.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Losing is for losers.

Tanking is for quitters.

Quitting is for the faint of heart.

Just win at all costs and let the chips fall where they may.

(12-02-2018, 07:20 PM)hb1148 Wrote: The draft is a crap shoot. There's probably more busts taken in the top 5 then future HOFers. I'll take the wins.

(12-02-2018, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Losing is for losers.

Tanking is for quitters.

Quitting is for the faint of heart.

Just win at all costs and let the chips fall where they may.

I couldn't agree more!  If we fall a few spots in the draft, so what?  Let the FO work their magic.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Imagine being in Green Bay right now. Yikes with a Future HOF QB.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Most of the best QB's in the NFL were not picked at the top of the draft
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I get the logic of getting as high a draft pick as possible to get your best chance of top end talent. But I hate the idea we should try to lose games. It goes against every ideal of competitive sports. The Pats never have top #5 picks but they find guys. I get draft picks are important but for some people they seem to be the most important thing in football. It's all relative. Take the Cowboys with Cooper, Dallas needed a WR, now do they let the season Go and draft one in the 1st or trade it for an already established solid WR, who can help immediately and probably better than the rookie you draft and won't need a year or two to get to that level.

Plus one great rookie QB won't fix all the problems with the O.

The whining on the Kessler threads is mindboggling. I can't tell if they are mad because we aren't tanking, because they miss Bortles, or some combination of the two.

Hopefully we can win out

(12-02-2018, 08:13 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: The whining on the Kessler threads is mindboggling. I can't tell if they are mad because we aren't tanking, because they miss Bortles, or some combination of the two.

I just don't know what they want. They moan when we lose, moan when we win!

so i play in a pick em league with my dad,and other people at the sports bar we go. I picked the colts to win todays game. yes i picked againest the jags . my point is this though i picked the colts yes,but i was still cheering for the jags to win even if it would hurt me in the pick em league. my point is you always cheer for your team to win.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I will say this it was an ugly win. Offense was pathetic. Defense was great. It was still ugly. You won't win many like that for sure. So to me it's ehhhhh. Win or lose at this point don't care this is like a gu s season. I am pulling to ruin the titans season next week. After that don't give a flip.

This season is still a huuuuuuge downer.

I know only one thing for certain; I will NEVER want to see this team lose to the colts, either in a tanking manner or by just sheer incompetence.

I'll take a win over them any day of the week, thank you. Call me petty, but any day we can watch the Jags stack the deck against the colts winning the division is a good day.

Colts weren't winning the division.

No matter where we pick, the Jaguars can always move up by trading away picks. See what the Jets did with Sanchez or what the Chiefs did with Mahommes. The list goes on.

You always play to win the game. You can always move up. You can’t always move down though.

Always win.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 09:04 PM by ramseyx20.)

i wanted the draft pick but for the morale of the team the win was nice. it’s shows their formula of defense winning can still work

Brady was selected with pick #199, a compensatory pick, in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft.