Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you make a move for Tony Romo?

Let's say Jerry Jones sticks with Dak. Would you make the move?

If so, what would you be willing to give up?

Before you say, "oh he's too injury prone, too old"...Let's base it on no further injuries and he could give you 4 to 5 years of play. In this scenario what would you do?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, 7th rounder, He's 36 years old, no way he has 4 to 5 years. With our weapons and improved o-line in the offseason and a 1st round blue chip rb. We would avg at least 30pts per game and win more than 5 games a season

Nope...too old, too fragile, plus he would garner top dollar

Quote:Yes, 7th rounder, He's 36 years old, no way he has 4 to 5 years. With our weapons and improved o-line in the offseason and a 1st round blue chip rb. We would avg at least 30pts per game and win more than 5 games a season
that is assuming he can stay on the field, and he doesn't have many seasons left so then what...back to where we are now? I'd rather draft another QB (maybe not this year) and roll with BB until the new QB is ready 

Quote:that is assuming he can stay on the field, and he doesn't have many seasons left so then what...back to where we are now? I'd rather draft another QB (maybe not this year) and roll with BB until the new QB is ready
Romo would play 2 seasons,and lead us to at least 1 super bowl, bortles would sit and watch, after 2 seasons, bortles starts, if he still looks the same, move on and draft a real NFL QB.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2016, 09:03 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Romo would play 2 seasons,and lead us to at least 1 super bowl, bortles would sit and watch, after 2 seasons, bortles starts, if he still looks the same, move on and draft a real NFL QB.
If we are going to put Bortles on the bench, we need to leave him there and move on to someone else...Plus Romo hasn't exactly been playing whole seasons lately...That's a lot of money to be paying for someone who can't make a whole season

If I pretended JJ would do such a thing, pretended Romo wasn't 36, pretended that he had even 1 or 2 years left - much less 4 or 5 years - and even if I pretended that Romo wouldn't get hurt as soon as he stepped on the field, I wouldn't trade a ham sandwich for the guy.

If we're gonna spend time in imagination land, you could've done a hell of a lot better than Tony friggin Romo.

Quote:If I pretended JJ would do such a thing, pretended Romo wasn't 36, pretended that he had even 1 or 2 years left - much less 4 or 5 years - and even if I pretended that Romo wouldn't get hurt as soon as he stepped on the field, I wouldn't trade a ham sandwich for the guy.

If we're gonna spend time in imagination land, you could've done a hell of a lot better than Tony friggin Romo.

How about Peyton manning. Lure him out of retirement

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2016, 02:16 PM by jessepeck1213.)

If Romo can't stay healthy behind the Cowboys o-line then ours would put him in a body bag.

Quote:If Romo can't stay healthy behind the Cowboys o-line then ours would pit him in a body bag.

Seriously. What in the world makes people even think Romo could survive here?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Me as the Jags? No

Me as the Jets or Miami or Denver? Yes

Quote:Me as the Jags? No

Me as the Jets or Miami or Denver? Yes

Yeah I agree. Lets see how Bortle's performs for the full year before we talk of replacing him.

No Fun

I would almost bet that Romo doesn't play another down as an NFL QB.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Let's say Jerry Jones sticks with Dak. Would you make the move?

If so, what would you be willing to give up?

Before you say, "oh he's too injury prone, too old"...Let's base it on no further injuries and he could give you 4 to 5 years of play. In this scenario what would you do?

You bring him here only if you're trying to kill him.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:How about Peyton manning. Lure him out of retirement

Yeah, as a coach.

huh?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If I understand his current contract correctly, he would be pretty expensive especially since he is pretty much one play away from serious injury.  I wouldn't think that any team would be willing to take the risk of giving up draft picks for him.

The best thing the Cowboys could do is retain him as a backup.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Romo is done. 

I don't think he's done. A QB starved franchise like Cleveland or Miami etc could give him a 2 or 3 year deal and some picks.

It's a given at least from my perspective that the trade cost of acquiring Tony Romo would exceed his value to the Jaguars.   That much more when factoring in his contract.