Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you make a move for Tony Romo?

When you take a close look at Tony Romo's best qualities as a quarterback, and then ask yourself the same about Blake Bortles. ...you just might notice that you arrive at many of the same answers.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles has the potential to be as good or better than Romo, he is a whole lot younger, and is in a position to grow with his other offensive weapons.

I don't give that up for a guy that old who is running on borrowed time. Because the scenario where he last another 5 years and doesn't get injured just isn't going to happen.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Yeah just what we need, an old QB with a broken back...lol.  

Lol jags fans are so ignorant. Is Romo gonna help the 3 dropped passes? Bortles should be 9-14, TD, instead he has the worst supporting cast in the NFL

I definitely would take him and cut Henne.

Quote:Lol jags fans are so ignorant. Is Romo gonna help the 3 dropped passes? Bortles should be 9-14, TD, instead he has the worst supporting cast in the NFL

How so? Romo is better than Bortles as of right now.

Quote:How so? Romo is better than Bortles as of right now.

LOL. The guy is 36 years old, has had a broken collarbone and broke back in the past year and has thrown 122 passes since the end of the 2014 season. 

;

;

Quote:Let's say Jerry Jones sticks with Dak. Would you make the move?

If so, what would you be willing to give up?

Before you say, "oh he's too injury prone, too old"...Let's base it on no further injuries and he could give you 4 to 5 years of play. In this scenario what would you do?
Nope.                                                                                                                   

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I definitely would take him and cut Henne.

That's pretty ignorant given the cost of both players.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bklyn sounds like TMD when he gets on his soap box about someone and he just doesn't relent.  He will talk down that person until they are gone. 

Quote:I definitely would take him and cut Henne.

Would you if that includes giving Dallas a 2nd Round pick?

for argument sake, age and injuries aside, A healthy Romo is better than a healthy Bortles. There is really no contest.

Quote:for argument sake, age and injuries aside, A healthy Romo is better than a healthy Bortles. There is really no contest.

This.

Quote:for argument sake, age and injuries aside, A healthy Romo is better than a healthy Bortles. There is really no contest.

The thing is though, how long would a "healthy Romo" last?  I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again.  I'll bet he's played his last game/down in the NFL.  At best he's going to be a career backup from this point forward, and it's going to be with Dallas given the contract that he has.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The thing is though, how long would a "healthy Romo" last? I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again. I'll bet he's played his last game/down in the NFL. At best he's going to be a career backup from this point forward, and it's going to be with Dallas given the contract that he has.

I think he has a few good years left.

Quote:I think he has a few good years left.

I still think though that based on the Cowboys likely trade asking price,  the risk of acquiring Tony Romo would likely exceed the reward.  

Quote:When you take a close look at Tony Romo's best qualities as a quarterback, and then ask yourself the same about Blake Bortles. ...you just might notice that you arrive at many of the same answers.

In what respects? Romo is one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL and in recent years has been up there with the most efficient too.

Quote:The thing is though, how long would a "healthy Romo" last? I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again. I'll bet he's played his last game/down in the NFL. At best he's going to be a career backup from this point forward, and it's going to be with Dallas given the contract that he has.

I can see him having a Carson Palmer type twilight to his career. He certainly hasn't thrown his last pass as a starting QB. There are a lot of very bad QBs.

This.

Romo is better than Bortles.

No. romo is bad. I don't care what his stats say, he doesn't pass the eye test. Even cowboys fans are tired of him and have been for atleast 6 years. I live an hour from Dallas before you try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.