Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Play calling by Milanovich

(12-04-2018, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 05:34 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Do me a favor go back and look at those 2 shots he took. the ball floated because he put every ounce of energy he had into getting the ball just those 20 yards. I honestly think he cant throw it farther then 20 yards.

I don't really see that. I mean, his velocity is subpar for sure, but his release is OK and he gets the ball to move thirty-plus yards through the air here without too much trouble and it wasn't really off the mark if Dede runs through the  route instead of back-pedaling for 5 paces at the end.   Asking him to let a few more of these loose against man coverage isn't some impossible task. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Looks like he gave it the ole heave ho but it does not look like he was able to step into it which maybe why it looked so hard to throw it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2018, 06:01 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't really see that. I mean, his velocity is subpar for sure, but his release is OK and he gets the ball to move thirty-plus yards through the air here without too much trouble and it wasn't really off the mark if Dede runs through the  route instead of back-pedaling for 5 paces at the end.   Asking him to let a few more of these loose against man coverage isn't some impossible task.

Looks like he gave it the ole heave ho but it does not look like he was able to step into it which maybe why it looked so hard to throw it.

Meh. He doesn't have great arm strength by any stretch - but he can get the ball there for some intermediate throws just fine.  

Just looking for these clips I saw two wide open TEs running 20 yards up the seam that he didn't throw to. (one he didn't see)  If he just hits that sort of thing once or twice when it comes open again and risks a few more one on one intermediate or deep passes Westbrook/Moncrief they can get what they need from him. He's not incapable of making those throws and it's not taking every ounce of strength to do it.  It will take him being a little smarter and bolder however. 

He's nothing special, but I'm not buying the narrative that it takes all he's got to throw it 20+ yards.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 12:27 AM by Upper.)

I actually think both of those deep balls were pretty good. Dede needs to learn how to sell a double move better, and he needs to learn to adjust faster. A better/more experienced WR could have come down with both of those.

(12-04-2018, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 12:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/play...18/13/pass
 As underwhelming as that looks  - Get him to take 4 or 5 more shots beyond ten yards and it's feasible to win a couple more with him if the run holds up. 

The tacks have given up yards on the ground the past two weeks - so the Jags may not need Kessler to light the world on fire Thursday.

If Fournette can generate a ground game in tacky valley, it may actually give Kessler the confidence to throw the ball downfield.  We saw him do it with some success in the preseason, so it's not a stretch if he's got time that he might be able to hit on the intermediate to deep passes.  He doesn't have a huge arm, but he's at least less likely to throw picks in that instance.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-04-2018, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 05:34 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Do me a favor go back and look at those 2 shots he took. the ball floated because he put every ounce of energy he had into getting the ball just those 20 yards. I honestly think he cant throw it farther then 20 yards.

I don't really see that. I mean, his velocity is subpar for sure, but his release is OK and he gets the ball to move thirty-plus yards through the air here without too much trouble and it wasn't really off the mark if Dede runs through the  route instead of back-pedaling for 5 paces at the end.   Asking him to let a few more of these loose against man coverage isn't some impossible task. 

Yeah, that's not every ounce of energy he can muster to throw the ball beyond 20 yards.  He has a tight release.  That ball was thrown to the right spot, away from the defenders, and had Westbrook been prepared for the throw outside (where it was supposed to go), he would have made the play.  Instead, he was running into coverage and started back pedalling like he thought it was another wounded duck coming from Bortles.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was willing to give kessler the benefit of the doubt, but what I saw was straight up Trash.