Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 14

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 12:45 AM by Bullseye.)

Welp it's official.  With the Texans winning their 9th straight game after an 0-3 start, the Jaguars are officially out of the running for winning the division.  In fact, based upon their three game lead over the tacks and Colts with four weeks remaining, it seems the Texans have all but sewn the division up and are playing for the 2nd overall seed in the AFC.  Make no mistake, the Jaguars not winning the division is enough to make me vomit, but the Texans winning the division make me a little less nauseous than the Colts and tacks.

Picks wise, I have barely climbed above .500 for the year, so I guess there's that.

Jaguars (4-8) at tacks (6-6)-Since the Jaguars are still technically mathematically, microscopically alive for a playoff spot, I will root like hell for them to win, especially if it potentially means playing spoiler against the tacks in the process.  The Jaguars do get Leonard Fournette back from suspension, and are coming off a brilliant defensive performance against the previously red hot Colts.  But who am I kidding?  For whatever deal with the devil the tacks have made, they have our number, they are healthier than we are, and they are home on a short week.  tacks win 23-10.

Colts (6-6) at Texans (9-3)-In fairness to the Colts, they were red hot going into last week's shutout against the Jaguars.  Despite many believing the Jaguars' defense has underachieved, even with that, they are still pretty good, ranking 3rd overall.  But the thing is, the Texans defense at home is capable of causing problems for the Colts as well.  No, they don't have the Jaguars' secondary, they do have a front seven capable of shutting down the run and pressuring Luck.  What they don't have in the secondary, the help they get from the offense more than compensates.  Texans beat Colts 28-17.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  20-19

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

2-1 last week
13-27 overall

Jaguars over Titans
Texans over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Colts (texans have to lose eventually)
Tacks (right snow wolf?)
18-22
[Image: incredulous.gif]

21-16

Jags
tinhorns

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 02:06 PM by SeldomRite.)

Texans and tacks.

I could easily see the Jaguars winning, now that the season is lost its time to lose the off-season.

Oh, and 2-1 last week and 25-13 so far.

22-18 overall 

yes texans will lose sometime again,but not this week. 

no way colts win in Texans home.   

I will take the 

Texans

tittians- unforttanttly tittians are the team that has the jags number.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

21-18

Tacks
Colts

Week # 13 results: 2-1

23-16 overall official ( 24-16 unofficial )

Week # 14 Selections:

Tennessee
Houston

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 08:19 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(12-04-2018, 11:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Welp it's official.  With the Texans winning their 9th straight game after an 0-3 start, the Jaguars are officially out of the running for winning the division.  In fact, based upon their three game lead over the tacks and Colts with four weeks remaining, it seems the Texans have all but sewn the division up and are playing for the 2nd overall seed in the AFC.  Make no mistake, the Jaguars not winning the division is enough to make me vomit, but the Texans winning the division make me a little less nauseous than the Colts and tacks.

Picks wise, I have barely climbed above .500 for the year, so I guess there's that.

Jaguars (4-8) at tacks (6-6)-Since the Jaguars are still technically mathematically, microscopically alive for a playoff spot, I will root like hell for them to win, especially if it potentially means playing spoiler against the tacks in the process.  The Jaguars do get Leonard Fournette back from suspension, and are coming off a brilliant defensive performance against the previously red hot Colts.  But who am I kidding?  For whatever deal with the devil the tacks have made, they have our number, they are healthier than we are, and they are home on a short week.  tacks win 23-10.

Colts (6-6) at Texans (9-3)-In fairness to the Colts, they were red hot going into last week's shutout against the Jaguars.  Despite many believing the Jaguars' defense has underachieved, even with that, they are still pretty good, ranking 3rd overall.  But the thing is, the Texans defense at home is capable of causing problems for the Colts as well.  No, they don't have the Jaguars' secondary, they do have a front seven capable of shutting down the run and pressuring Luck.  What they don't have in the secondary, the help they get from the offense more than compensates.  Texans beat Colts 28-17.

Jags - because I don't care, not picking the tacks against the jags
Texans - because they are better
19-17
1-2 last week

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I missed making my Thursday night pick.

Texans.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The clots are taking it to the horns....14-7 with about 2 minutes left in the half
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-05-2018, 12:26 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Colts (texans have to lose eventually)
Tacks (right snow wolf?)
18-22

2-0 this wk. (Gonna win this thing..)
Clowney's an idiot

(12-04-2018, 11:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Welp it's official.  With the Texans winning their 9th straight game after an 0-3 start, the Jaguars are officially out of the running for winning the division.  In fact, based upon their three game lead over the tacks and Colts with four weeks remaining, it seems the Texans have all but sewn the division up and are playing for the 2nd overall seed in the AFC.  Make no mistake, the Jaguars not winning the division is enough to make me vomit, but the Texans winning the division make me a little less nauseous than the Colts and tacks.

This week:  1-1
Overall:  21-20

(12-05-2018, 03:07 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 22-18 overall 

I will take the 

Texans

1-1 this week  23-19 overall. 

the nfl paid the colts off to lose to jags. no way you get shut out by worst team  in the nfl,ad then beat texans in houston. colts were paid to lose. Jags still haven't won a game since they beat the jets. NFL paid colts to throw last weeks game

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-06-2018, 08:18 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

Jags - because I don't care, not picking the tacks against the jags
19-17
1-2 last week
0-2
19-19
Well can't say I didn't see the jags loss coming. But the indy win was a real surprise. Its a good weekend to be a tack fan.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-09-2018, 06:21 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:07 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 22-18 overall 

I will take the 

Texans

1-1 this week  23-19 overall. 

the nfl paid the colts off to lose to jags. no way you get shut out by worst team  in the nfl,ad then beat texans in houston. colts were paid to lose. Jags still haven't won a game since they beat the jets. NFL paid colts to throw last weeks game

Thats how these division games go. Remember last year, the jags smoked the texans, then the titans smoked the jags, then the texans smoked the titans, all within the first few weeks.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018, 07:21 AM by Bullseye.)

(12-09-2018, 09:21 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 08:18 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Jags - because I don't care, not picking the tacks against the jags
19-17
1-2 last week
0-2
19-19
Well can't say I didn't see the jags loss coming. But the indy win was a real surprise. Its a good weekend to be a tack fan.

Barring some sort of serious injury that leads to a total collapse, the tacks don't catch the Texans.

The question is whether the tacks can make the playoffs as the 6th seed.

At this stage, they lose a lot of tie breakers.

They lost to Miami opening week.

They lost to Baltimore.

They lost to the Chargers.

That said, their remaining schedule is favorable, with games against the Giants, Washington, and home against the Colts (to whom they lost earlier).

Miami's remaining schedule:

@ Minnesota
Jacksonville
@ Buffalo

Baltimore's remaining schedule:

Tampa
@ L.A. Chargers
Cleveland

Pittsburgh's remaining schedule:

New England
@ New Orleans
Cincinnati

Indy's remaining schedule:

Dallas
N.Y. Giants
@ Tennessee

If I had to handicap it at this point, I'd say the tacks get that final playoff spot.

I just threw up typing that.

(12-09-2018, 10:49 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 06:21 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 1-1 this week  23-19 overall. 

Thats how these division games go. Remember last year, the jags smoked the texans, then the titans smoked the jags, then the texans smoked the titans, all within the first few weeks.

But Dave....they were all paid.... Big Grin
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-04-2018, 11:37 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-1 last week
13-27 overall

Jaguars over Titans
Texans over Colts

Another whiff for me.

0-2 this week
13-29 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(12-05-2018, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 21-16

Jags
tinhorns

21-18