Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Sports Radio Station in Jax

Beginning in December Brent Martineau will anchor a new ESPN station in the Jax market:

https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/10...6045454336

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's pretty cool to have another option. I assume since it is ESPN that a lot of the shows will be syndicated which may be decent as well because there's only so much stations can attribute to talking about our local sports teams, even though the Jacksonville Giants and Jacksonville Sharks are world class champions.

ESPN = strike one.

Martineau = strike two.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I predict 690 will be a Spanish language station within two years.

Doesn't 1010xl carry ESPN programming now?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-07-2018, 09:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Doesn't 1010xl carry ESPN programming now?

Yeah. Makes me wonder in 1010 is going independent - or maybe becoming an affiliate of a different parent network.  

I can't see ESPN having two stations in Jax broadcasting their content. 

They may want a station that airs more of their weekday content and less of its own.

Kind of a strange decision. I can't see Jax supporting 3 sports stations. I only list to 930 when Frangie and them are discussing something I don't care about. I hate Seth Harp. But the only local show being 3-6? DOn't care for that.

(12-07-2018, 06:21 PM)newporttom Wrote: Kind of a strange decision.  I can't see Jax supporting 3 sports stations.  I only list to 930 when Frangie and them are discussing something I don't care about.  I hate Seth Harp. But the only local show being 3-6?  DOn't care for that.

Frangie is on 1010. But I agree, Jacksonville can't support 3 sports stations, unless they know 930 is going somewhere. I almost never listen to that station.

(12-07-2018, 07:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 06:21 PM)newporttom Wrote: Kind of a strange decision.  I can't see Jax supporting 3 sports stations.  I only list to 930 when Frangie and them are discussing something I don't care about.  I hate Seth Harp. But the only local show being 3-6?  DOn't care for that.

Frangie is on 1010. But I agree, Jacksonville can't support 3 sports stations, unless they know 930 is going somewhere. I almost never listen to that station.

The only thing I can think is maybe 1010 becomes an NBC/Westwood One affiliate (or CBS sports radio) , the new 690 is the ESPN affiliate, and 930 just dies off.

Thank god. I'm not a fan of Brent Martineau on 1010, but it'll at least bring in some new blood with whatever shows they have. 930 was amazing with Prisco, I have no idea why they fired him. 1010XL is absolutely the worst. Ryan the Hacker Green is a moron and Frangie wears rose colored sun glasses for everything and is afraid to call anyone out.
BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

I
(12-07-2018, 07:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I phrased that poorly. I only listen to 930 when Frangie etc on 1010 are discussing something I don't care about. Like HS football.

(12-30-2018, 10:55 PM)Inewporttom Wrote: I
(12-07-2018, 07:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Frangie is on 1010. But I agree, Jacksonville can't support 3 sports stations, unless they know 930 is going somewhere. I almost never listen to that station.

I phrased that poorly. I only listen to 930 when Frangie etc on 1010 are discussing something I don't care about.  Like HS football.

Or poker.

(01-02-2019, 09:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 10:55 PM)Inewporttom Wrote: I

I phrased that poorly. I only listen to 930 when Frangie etc on 1010 are discussing something I don't care about.  Like HS football.

Or poker.

I care about pokin' her.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-07-2018, 07:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 07:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Frangie is on 1010. But I agree, Jacksonville can't support 3 sports stations, unless they know 930 is going somewhere. I almost never listen to that station.

The only thing I can think is maybe 1010 becomes an NBC/Westwood One affiliate  (or CBS sports radio) , the new 690 is the ESPN affiliate,  and 930 just dies off.

Sounds like 92.5/1010 is CBS now and 690 is ESPN. 

No local programming on the ESPN station yet until Martineau's show begins later this month.