Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Still Mad We Didn’t Shell Out for Cousins?

Blake also never intentional grounded in his whole career.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Screw Cousins... I was advocating shelling out for Drew Brees.
'02

(12-11-2018, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 03:26 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Mahomes would be dead behind our pass protection, yes he is a good Qb but he is not as tough as Blake.
And you know this because......?

Bc he's a green Muppet.

(12-11-2018, 04:01 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Screw Cousins... I was advocating shelling out for Drew Brees.
He was never leaving NO.

(12-11-2018, 04:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 04:01 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Screw Cousins... I was advocating shelling out for Drew Brees.
He was never leaving NO.

Money talks, even with Brees.
'02

(12-11-2018, 04:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 04:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He was never leaving NO.

I really don't think so, but that's just an opinion as much as your statement.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-11-2018, 04:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 04:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He was never leaving NO.

Then how come no team in the league went after him if he was indeed available?

He wasn’t leaving. It would have been a terrible move for him.

Brees is better in a dome. He wasn't leaving NO
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If the FO thinks they need to draft a QB this year. Then if Kyler Murray declares he needs to be our top priority to get. Anyone else will be busts.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(12-11-2018, 06:39 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: If the FO thinks they need to draft a QB this year. Then if Kyler Murray declares he needs to be our top priority to get. Anyone else will be busts.

No Tyler Bray type prospect in the later rounds this year for you?

(12-11-2018, 03:26 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Mahomes would be dead behind our pass protection, yes he is a good Qb but he is not as tough as Blake.

Again not true. 

He was running for his life from Baltimore this last weekend and he made plays on the run with his arm. The kid is special.

I was completely against signing him last year. You just don't cripple your cap for one player, especially for a so-so QB who isn't even in the top 10. We actually would have been worse off than we are now, had we have done that deal.

(12-11-2018, 06:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 04:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Money talks, even with Brees.
Then how come no team in the league went after him if he was indeed available?

He wasn’t leaving. It would have been a terrible move for him.

Simple... Nobody was willing to pony up what it takes.
'02

Easy fix for the jags. Get a qb, two stud receivers, a play making tight end, and an offensive line. Hey we have only been searching for these things for the past 15 years or so.

Good job Jags.

(12-11-2018, 06:39 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: If the FO thinks they need to draft a QB this year. Then if Kyler Murray declares he needs to be our top priority to get. Anyone else will be busts.

No thanks the guy would be the shortest QB in the league. Rumor is, he's not even 5'10".

People bagging on Kirk Cousins are ridiculous. His stats are fine. Compared to the QB he replaced in terms of this year's performance, he's more than 20 spots ahead in ranking. If the Vikes didn't have Cousins they wouldn't have an offense at all since their running game and Oline are ineffective this year.

Now, he wouldn't have "fixed" the Jags, knowing what we know about the injuries, ineffective running game, and scrub receivers we have. But he for sure would have "fixed" our QB position. If the rest of our team were playing up to last year's standard, KC takes us to the SB. But last year's performance was an abberation, so...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(12-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Trunt8728 Wrote: Easy fix for the jags. Get a qb, two stud receivers, a play making tight end, and an offensive line.   Hey we have only been searching for these things for the past 15 years or so.

Good job Jags.

I know this is crazy.  We haven't even drafted/developed one WR since J Smith and Keenan.  The one guy that had real potential had substance issues.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-12-2018, 09:24 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Trunt8728 Wrote: Easy fix for the jags. Get a qb, two stud receivers, a play making tight end, and an offensive line.   Hey we have only been searching for these things for the past 15 years or so.

Good job Jags.

I know this is crazy.  We haven't even drafted/developed one WR since J Smith and Keenan.  The one guy that had real potential had substance issues.
I'd argue ARob had real potential. He's still making great contested catches in Chicago.

Good job Jags.

I think Arob was supposed to be that guy. And for a while he was. But injuries always messes up plans.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Good job Jags.

The 2 guys that had real potential had substance issues.  If Matt Jonest laid off the dope he could of been a great player as well.  Blackmon probably would of been a HOFer.