Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyree Jackson QB prospect

(01-13-2019, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 01:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: The 2nd paragraph sounds exactly like Josh Allen.  

Definitely think the Jags goal at QB in the draft would be a Ryan Finley type over a Jackson type though. As an aside Jackson seems like a perfect Arians project , just in case Winston falls astray again.
The similarities are undeniable. 

But Allen's college cut-ups reveals a slightly bigger arm (compare across the body throws), more multiple reads (Allens eyes are more active across the field for second options), and cleaner footwork.  I also think Allen has a slight edge in accuracy on sideline stuff.  I'd be interested in seeing a completion chart for Jackson as it looks to me like he has an issue throwing to the right sideline accurately.

I'd agree on the above but would contend that Allen was pretty awful at making said reads. His scheme was hailed as "pro style" more so than Tyrees and he had Wentzs QB coach to boot so that all helps projection wise.   

Think Tyree has better touch than Allen showed in college and is much more posied too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2019, 03:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The similarities are undeniable. 

But Allen's college cut-ups reveals a slightly bigger arm (compare across the body throws), more multiple reads (Allens eyes are more active across the field for second options), and cleaner footwork.  I also think Allen has a slight edge in accuracy on sideline stuff.  I'd be interested in seeing a completion chart for Jackson as it looks to me like he has an issue throwing to the right sideline accurately.

I'd agree on the above but would contend that Allen was pretty awful at making said reads. His scheme was hailed as "pro style" more so than Tyrees and he had Wentzs QB coach to boot so that all helps projection wise.   

Think Tyree has better touch than Allen showed in college and is much more posied too.
Yeah - Allen wasn't necessarily good at the reads, but I see more evidence of him moving on from his initial target  than I see from Jackson. 

I'll need to watch more to see "poise." I haven't seen anything really resembling poise from Jackson. He looks skittery and awkward - but his line is part of the problem there. 
I'd love to see something that would indicate he'd be comfortable stepping up in the pocket and following through on a pass, but I see him moving back or side to side and throwing from awkward stances most of the time.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 04:48 PM by Upper.)

This won't show the downs as much as the Wharton thread I've posted before will, but still some insanely impressive throws. If we fail to get Haskins this should be our target in the 3rd round.

https://twitter.com/_SteveFrederick/stat...2087094275

(01-13-2019, 04:48 PM)Upper Wrote: This won't show the downs as much as the Wharton thread I've posted before will, but still some insanely impressive throws. If we fail to get Haskins this should be our target in the 3rd round.

https://twitter.com/_SteveFrederick/stat...2087094275

Arm Strength wise. He reminds me of Leftwich, he doesn't wind it up like Byron but he has that cannon where he can make 60 yard throws on a rope.

(01-13-2019, 04:48 PM)Upper Wrote: This won't show the downs as much as the Wharton thread I've posted before will, but still some insanely impressive throws. If we fail to get Haskins this should be our target in the 3rd round.

Nice. 

There were three throws I hadn't seen in that thread where he threw from the pocket (or some semblance of it).
  That's what I've been missing on this kid - he just gets flushed out so often.

Lots of ability but feels more like a lottery ticket.

(01-12-2019, 08:45 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 08:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Sweet Tyree is in the Senior Bowl now. Thank god he's an early grad. I hope he balls out.

His nickname is "Sweet Tyree"? Now I'm definitely on board with drafting the kid.

I like it better than Beautiful Blake and Gorgeous Gabbert

(01-13-2019, 05:59 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Lots of ability but feels more like a lottery ticket.

I think he'll end up rising as we get closer to the draft, some team will fall in love with his combination of size, speed and arm strength.

Move over Big Ben:

https://twitter.com/scoutkelley/status/1...89920?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(01-22-2019, 03:04 PM)knarnn Wrote: Move over Big Ben:

More like move over Cam Newton.

Good lord this kid. It honestly wouldn't shock me to see someone sneak into the 1st and nab him. He's got loads of potential and the NFL loves potential.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2019, 03:41 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-22-2019, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 03:04 PM)knarnn Wrote: Move over Big Ben:

More like move over Cam Newton.

Good lord this kid. It honestly wouldn't shock me to see someone sneak into the 1st and nab him. He's got loads of potential and the NFL loves potential.

I hate potential. All that means is he didn't live up to expectations in college, which he didn't. He had one of the best WR's in college football, (Anthony Johnson) and only managed to complete 55.3% of his passes last year. No thanks. Big doesn't mean he's good.

Remember this guy?

[Image: Jared-Lorenzen_1.jpg]

(01-22-2019, 03:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: More like move over Cam Newton.

I hate potential. All that means is he didn't live up to expectations in college, which he didn't. He had one of the best WR's in college football, (Anthony Johnson) and only managed to complete 55.3% of his passes last year. No thanks. Big doesn't mean he's good.

Remember this guy?

The hefty lefty was fat.

Long live the hefty lefty though.

(01-22-2019, 09:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 03:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I hate potential. All that means is he didn't live up to expectations in college, which he didn't. He had one of the best WR's in college football, (Anthony Johnson) and only managed to complete 55.3% of his passes last year. No thanks. Big doesn't mean he's good.

Remember this guy?

The hefty lefty was fat.

This was his skinny phase. Look at some of the pictures when he played Arena Football.

(01-22-2019, 09:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 03:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I hate potential. All that means is he didn't live up to expectations in college, which he didn't. He had one of the best WR's in college football, (Anthony Johnson) and only managed to complete 55.3% of his passes last year. No thanks. Big doesn't mean he's good.

Remember this guy?

The hefty lefty was fat.

He Ate Me. The Round Mound of Touchdown. The Pillsbury Throw Boy.

No one has ever had better nicknames.

(01-22-2019, 03:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: More like move over Cam Newton.

Remember this guy?

What were the expectations for Tyree playing at Buffalo

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 01:34 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-23-2019, 01:24 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Remember this guy?

What were the expectations for Tyree playing at Buffalo

When you have a target like Anthony Johnson, the expectations should be at least a 60% completion rate, not 55.3%. That's a huge difference. You say Lock is inaccurate, well Jackson is way more inaccurate.

(01-23-2019, 01:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 01:24 AM)JackCity Wrote: What were the expectations for Tyree playing at Buffalo

When you have a target like Anthony Johnson, the expectations should be at least a 60% completion rate, not 55.3%. That's a huge difference. You say Lock is inaccurate, well Jackson is way more inaccurate.

Yes he's inaccurate. You said he failed to live up to expectations at Buffalo so I presumed that was something other have a 5% higher completion rate

(01-23-2019, 01:56 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 01:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: When you have a target like Anthony Johnson, the expectations should be at least a 60% completion rate, not 55.3%. That's a huge difference. You say Lock is inaccurate, well Jackson is way more inaccurate.

Yes he's inaccurate. You said he failed to live up to expectations at Buffalo so I presumed that was something other have a 5% higher completion rate

5% is a huge amount in college football, especially when you are blessed to have an elite receiver.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 04:31 AM by JackCity.)

(01-23-2019, 02:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 01:56 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yes he's inaccurate. You said he failed to live up to expectations at Buffalo so I presumed that was something other have a 5% higher completion rate

5% is a huge amount in college football, especially when you are blessed to have an elite receiver.

You aren't following.

For someone to not live up to expectations there must be some kind of preordained result they are supposed to get to. Tyree Jackson won 9 games and won MAC OPOY in 2018, that's about as good as can be reasonably expected from a Buffalo QB.

With all the physical gifts he has. He should have absolutely dominated in the MAC. He was decent overall. But he also had some pretty poor games as a passer against mediocre teams by MAC conference standards.