Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1st for Derek Carr?

Raiders seem to be in full rebuild mode and I could see them considering trading Carr for 1st, specially with team like Jags who will potentially be top 5. 

Would you rather trade for him or take a chance on a rookie with a class that is not looking too good?
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Carr isnt very good. Takes a lot of sacks and dumps the ball off too much. He also has a pretty hefty salary. I'd much rather use that first to draft a potential franchise QB.

Not a first. I'd have to really watch some Raiders games to decide if he's even worth a 3rd or 4th personally. Not sure how much of the suck is Carr and how much is the Raiders just being in blow-it-up mode.

I hope the draft is the focus for finding a long term QB. Not free agency.

No.

No his contact is too much to absorb

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

No

Straight up for Bortles? Yes. For a draft pick? No way. If you’re willing to trade your QB away, you know they’re at their ceiling in most cases or know you can upgrade in the draft. Why trade a drafted qb for Bortles with a little more accuracy?

(12-11-2018, 12:21 PM)KingJones Wrote: Raiders seem to be in full rebuild mode and I could see them considering trading Carr for 1st, specially with team like Jags who will potentially be top 5. 

Would you rather trade for him or take a chance on a rookie with a class that is not looking too good?

A 1st?

This team?

What is wrong with you man?

Smh.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I wouldn't give a 1st for him and I don't think I've ever watched a full Raiders game with him playing but statistically he looks pretty good and when I've seen him play he looks the part. He does seem to get sacked a lot out there.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

How about Jalen Ramsey for Derek Carr and the highest 1st and 2nd rounder Las Vegas has?

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 02:45 PM by Kane.)

(12-11-2018, 02:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How about Jalen Ramsey for Derek Carr and the highest 1st and 2nd rounder Las Vegas has?

Well yeah, but they ain't doin that.

With our two firsts we could address a lot and an extra second we could get a very good DB.
We'd still have AJ, and Hayden and we could even venture into free agency.
It would also push the issue of paying Ramsey or letting him run off to TN onto the Raiders.

Seems too good for us and too risky for them.

But they've done stupid things before

-----
actually... Carr has a serious contract we'd absorb.
And we're eating Bortles' money.

So no. The draft picks aren't worth it at that point.

(12-11-2018, 02:44 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 02:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How about Jalen Ramsey for Derek Carr and the highest 1st and 2nd rounder Las Vegas has?

Well yeah, but they ain't doin that.

With our two firsts we could address a lot and an extra second we could get a very good DB.
We'd still have AJ, and Hayden and we could even venture into free agency.
It would also push the issue of paying Ramsey or letting him run off to TN onto the Raiders.

Seems too good for us and too risky for them.

But they've done stupid things before

-----
actually... Carr has a serious contract we'd absorb.
And we're eating Bortles' money.

So no. The draft picks aren't worth it at that point.

The Raiders will likely have 3 1st round picks inside the top 20. That is absolutely insane. 

I realize I have been bashed for suggesting trading Ramsey and I have never supported just "giving him away", but with the direction of the league and a sweet enough deal, I think you would have to entertain it.

A 1st as in our likely to be top 8 selection?

No chance.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 02:53 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I'd be more comfortable drafting a QB in the top 10 and bringing in a guy like Teddy Bridgewater as the stop gap QB. I think a guy like Flacid will be too expensive, especially with us absorbing Captain LOS Bat-down's contract.

But am still intrigued by a Ramsey to Vegas trade for picks.

Dumb nicknames are really cool...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So far in 2018, 3400 yards, 18 tds 8 ints 69 % completion. Jaguars need to trade a 2nd rounder

(12-11-2018, 02:56 PM)Rico Wrote: Dumb nicknames are really cool...

...almost as cool as imaginary trades.

if doug is still the HC no qb will help jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 03:04 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(12-11-2018, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 02:56 PM)Rico Wrote: Dumb nicknames are really cool...

...almost as cool as imaginary trades.

Isn't anything that hasn't actually happened considered imaginary?

Just brainstorming ideas to get the most out of a locker room cancer who doesn't want to be here.

(12-11-2018, 03:02 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: if doug is still the HC no qb will help jags.

Yes. All of my scenarios assume Doug and Dave will no longer be employed by the organization. Otherwise, it's all moot.