Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1st for Derek Carr?

I would trade Bortles and a 3rd. Nothing higher than a 3rd though. 1st rounder? Hell to the nah!!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

God no

(12-11-2018, 02:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 02:44 PM)Kane Wrote: Well yeah, but they ain't doin that.

With our two firsts we could address a lot and an extra second we could get a very good DB.
We'd still have AJ, and Hayden and we could even venture into free agency.
It would also push the issue of paying Ramsey or letting him run off to TN onto the Raiders.

Seems too good for us and too risky for them.

But they've done stupid things before

-----
actually... Carr has a serious contract we'd absorb.
And we're eating Bortles' money.

So no. The draft picks aren't worth it at that point.

The Raiders will likely have 3 1st round picks inside the top 20. That is absolutely insane. 

I realize I have been bashed for suggesting trading Ramsey and I have never supported just "giving him away", but with the direction of the league and a sweet enough deal, I think you would have to entertain it.

I'd give up Ramsey for Carr and the highest of the Raiders 1st round picks. And take Bortles or throw in a 3rd or 4th. They'd never go for it though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-11-2018, 03:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 02:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Raiders will likely have 3 1st round picks inside the top 20. That is absolutely insane. 

I realize I have been bashed for suggesting trading Ramsey and I have never supported just "giving him away", but with the direction of the league and a sweet enough deal, I think you would have to entertain it.

I'd give up Ramsey for Carr and the highest of the Raiders 1st round picks. And take Bortles or throw in a 3rd or 4th. They'd never go for it though.

I would never trade Ramsey for anything including Carr........ Even with a high first; as he's worth two firsts and more; which Carr does not equal. No way, no how.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-11-2018, 12:21 PM)KingJones Wrote: Raiders seem to be in full rebuild mode and I could see them considering trading Carr for 1st, specially with team like Jags who will potentially be top 5. 

Would you rather trade for him or take a chance on a rookie with a class that is not looking too good?

Trade a first for Carr??????????

[Image: 481cdb354a624a6ddc6b51946768f106--funny-...-memes.jpg]

Hell No

(12-11-2018, 02:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 02:44 PM)Kane Wrote: Well yeah, but they ain't doin that.

With our two firsts we could address a lot and an extra second we could get a very good DB.
We'd still have AJ, and Hayden and we could even venture into free agency.
It would also push the issue of paying Ramsey or letting him run off to TN onto the Raiders.

Seems too good for us and too risky for them.

But they've done stupid things before

-----
actually... Carr has a serious contract we'd absorb.
And we're eating Bortles' money.

So no. The draft picks aren't worth it at that point.

The Raiders will likely have 3 1st round picks inside the top 20. That is absolutely insane. 

What makes you think the Bears and/or Cowboys will be picking in the top 20 in next year's draft?  It's unlikely the Raiders are trading their top 5 or so pick for Ramsey, which means you're going to be settling for a pick in the mid-20s.

You knows its a losing season when fans want to trade our best player and picks for a checkdown king QB who crumbles with any sign of pressure

(12-11-2018, 09:32 PM)JackCity Wrote: You knows its a losing season when fans want to trade our best player and picks for a checkdown king QB who crumbles with any sign of pressure

We'd be better off trading with the Niners for Mullens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Carr is not good NO!!
No Fun

(12-11-2018, 03:02 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: if doug is still the HC no qb will help jags.

On topic, no to that trade scenario.

As to Wolfies post I quoted. Just stop dude. Every [BLEEP] thread you are putting out this opinion. In the past members have been banned for the exact same behavior.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-11-2018, 03:02 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: if doug is still the HC no qb will help jags.

This is getting to be TMD levels of posting the same steaming pile in every thread.