Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Flacco Threads (merged)

What a relief!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-13-2019, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nice looking more and more like Foles will be the guy

I don't see how one thing has anything to do with the other.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Flacco to the broncs is good news in that the Jags aren't trading for him I guess. (He's barely an upgrade if at all)

But the broncs can (probably will) still draft a QB. They only gave up a fourth and Flacco's salary is high (18mil) in 2019 - but there's an out clause after that. I'm assuming the out clause will still be available to the new club to exercise after 2019.

They may just see Flacco as a one year, $18 million dollar bridge.

(02-13-2019, 12:47 PM)B2hibry Wrote: What a relief!

My first thought as well!

Keenum and Haskins please.

(02-13-2019, 01:26 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:47 PM)B2hibry Wrote: What a relief!

My first thought as well!

Exactly. So glad we didn't trade for him.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 01:53 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-14-2019, 04:38 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I don't know. I think I'd be willing to try and trade for Brisset before bringing Flacco.

No way. Brisset showed me nothing.

(02-13-2019, 12:56 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nice looking more and more like Foles will be the guy

I don't see how one thing has anything to do with the other.

Agreed. This could mean we are working on a trade up to get Haskins. It could also mean we are settled on Lock. Maybe we are looking for Tannenhill to be released. In the end, the Flacco trade has nothing to do with our situation.

(02-13-2019, 01:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Flacco to the broncs is good news in that the Jags aren't trading for him I guess.  (He's barely an upgrade if at all)

But the broncs can (probably will) still draft a QB. They only gave up a fourth and Flacco's salary is high (18mil) in 2019  -  but there's an out clause after that. I'm assuming the out clause will still be available to the new club to exercise after 2019.

I don't think so. If anything, I think this signals that they are gonna wait until 2020 to draft a QB.

Man. Elway is an awful GM.

(02-13-2019, 01:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Flacco to the broncs is good news in that the Jags aren't trading for him I guess.  (He's barely an upgrade if at all)

But the broncs can (probably will) still draft a QB. They only gave up a fourth and Flacco's salary is high (18mil) in 2019  -  but there's an out clause after that. I'm assuming the out clause will still be available to the new club to exercise after 2019.

With Keenum's dead money, that's a $28MM bridge tho.

I hope Denver never fires GM Elway. And I hope he continues to whiff on QBs.

I say they still take Lock if he's available with their 1st pick. Elway figures that he can learn for a year from the veteran before becoming the starter. The only impact this trade has on Jax is thankfully they won't have Flacco as their starter next season. If the price for Foles is crazy, I guess they could trade for Keenum (low draft choice) and use him as the bridge for whomever they draft in the first round.

(02-13-2019, 02:01 PM)Mikey Wrote:

With Keenum's dead money, that's a $28MM bridge tho.

Likely to turn out less than that with offsets when some team signs Keenum as a back-up or bridge. They could also potentially trade Keenum and be rid of his salary/dead money entirely.

Trade up to get Haskins.

(02-13-2019, 02:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 02:01 PM)Mikey Wrote: With Keenum's dead money, that's a $28MM bridge tho.

Likely to turn out less than that with offsets when some team signs Keenum as a back-up or bridge. They could also potentially trade Keenum and be rid of his salary/dead money entirely.
I read somewhere that if Keenum is dealt, his new team only owes him 7 million for this season.

Flacco doesn't change anything for the Broncos draft wise, they're still gonna be gunning for Drew Lock. Elway just preferred him as the Bridge QB.
Remember Keenum was a Kubiak idea, he's not Elways type at all.

(02-13-2019, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 02:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Likely to turn out less than that with offsets when some team signs Keenum as a back-up or bridge. They could also potentially trade Keenum and be rid of his salary/dead money entirely.
I read somewhere that if Keenum is dealt, his new team only owes him 7 million for this season.

I don't believe that's true unless it involves a re-worked deal.  His salary is $18 million this year.  $7 million is the 2019 guaranteed amount.  If he's cut, he'll have a $10 million dead cap hit to the Broncos ($7 million guaranteed for 2019 plus $3 million signing bonus allocated to 2019).  If he's traded and remains on his current deal, the new team would be on the hook for the $18 million salary this year with $7 million being guaranteed in the event he was cut prior to the season by the new team.  The signing bonus stays with the Broncos so they'd still have a $3 million hit even in a trade scenario.

It's easy to overlook things when looking at the contract info so I could very easily be wrong about the above.

(02-13-2019, 01:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Keenum and Haskins please.

I would be fine with that if they cut Keenum then just trade up and secure Haskins.
No Fun

(02-13-2019, 03:27 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I read somewhere that if Keenum is dealt, his new team only owes him 7 million for this season.

I don't believe that's true unless it involves a re-worked deal.  His salary is $18 million this year.  $7 million is the 2019 guaranteed amount.  If he's cut, he'll have a $10 million dead cap hit to the Broncos ($7 million guaranteed for 2019 plus $3 million signing bonus allocated to 2019).  If he's traded and remains on his current deal, the new team would be on the hook for the $18 million salary this year with $7 million being guaranteed in the event he was cut prior to the season by the new team.  The signing bonus stays with the Broncos so they'd still have a $3 million hit even in a trade scenario.

It's easy to overlook things when looking at the contract info so I could very easily be wrong about the above.
I believe you are correct. Just by going with what I read, he would cost 7 million if he was released and 18 million if he was traded.