Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade for Mathew Stafford

With a competent QB and the existing talent, this team could make the playoff next season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 04:57 PM by knarnn.)

Playoffs and Stafford are words that just don’t go together.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

To bad Stafford is not close to competent.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

If you want a QB that will throw for a good amount of yardage but not really play well. Then sure.

Otherwise, nope. Especially not at that price tag.

Need a playoff exprienced QB who can play big in big games. And not lose us any games. With a healthy Oline and Defense not losing us games. oh wait we already have one.

(12-14-2018, 04:56 PM)gjv001 Wrote: With a competent QB and the existing talent, this team could make the playoff next season.

Not with that contract, and no.......hold up......well, NO!, No Thanks!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I would do it, he is the one QB i would trade for. Last year I wanted Rivers or Brees but after the seasons they are having they will retire where they are. A change of scenery could do wonders imo if we get a good OC.

(12-14-2018, 07:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I would do it, he is the one QB i would trade for.  Last year I wanted Rivers or Brees but after the seasons they are having they will retire where they are.  A change of scenery could do wonders imo if we get a good OC.

Question: what's the difference between Cousins and Stafford?

The Lions can’t do it financially with his contract

I'd love to have Stafford.

Nope. He's just as overrated as Kirk Cousins up there. On the verge of deeming Aaron Rodgers the same too. That guy refuses to check down when he's got an open man with miles of green in front of him. Hard pass.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Nope draft a QB in 2020 or be irrelevant for anther decade.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 11:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-14-2018, 07:52 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 07:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I would do it, he is the one QB i would trade for.  Last year I wanted Rivers or Brees but after the seasons they are having they will retire where they are.  A change of scenery could do wonders imo if we get a good OC.

Question: what's the difference between Cousins and Stafford?

For one, arm strenght, he never had a good oline le Cousins did in Wash either

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018, 11:56 PM by JackCity.)

(12-14-2018, 11:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 07:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: Question: what's the difference between Cousins and Stafford?

For one, arm strenght, he never had a good oline le Cousins did in Wash either

Thats a given, I'm talking caliber of QB wise. You're gonna be paying Stafford the same as Cousins over the next two seasons, yet there is no evidence he's better than him, in fact quite the opposite.

People said Kirk isn't good enough to elevate his team , well Stafford has won like 7 games against teams with a winning record in 10 seasons (not that I agree fully on QB winz, its just that logic was used against Cousins on here by certain members)

(12-14-2018, 11:55 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 11:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: For one, arm strenght, he never had a good oline le Cousins did in Wash either

Thats a given, I'm talking caliber of QB wise. You're gonna be paying Stafford the same as Cousins over the next two seasons, yet there is no evidence he's better than him, in fact quite the opposite.  

People said Kirk isn't good enough to elevate his team , well Stafford has won like 7 games against teams with a winning record in 10 seasons (not that I agree fully on QB winz, its just that logic was used against Cousins on here by certain members)

I'm not stat looking, not to mention Stafford has never had a run game. I would like to see what Stafford can do with a run game and I think we do whatever it takes to get this run game fixed in the offseason.  If Chark is anything like they hoped for, Stafford to Chark could be deadly with stacked boxes.  I dont think Cousins could back the safeties up the way Stafford could

(12-15-2018, 07:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 11:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: Thats a given, I'm talking caliber of QB wise. You're gonna be paying Stafford the same as Cousins over the next two seasons, yet there is no evidence he's better than him, in fact quite the opposite.  

I'm not stat looking, not to mention Stafford has never had a run game. I would like to see what Stafford can do with a run game and I think we do whatever it takes to get this run game fixed in the offseason.  If Chark is anything like they hoped for, Stafford to Chark could be deadly with stacked boxes.  I dont think Cousins could back the safeties up the way Stafford could

Cousins has never had a run game , and has had worse receivers, and has outplayed Stafford.  

It's just odd people would be hesitant to give money to Cousins but would happily trade assets and pay the same money to Stafford despite being a worse QB

(12-15-2018, 10:11 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 07:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not stat looking, not to mention Stafford has never had a run game. I would like to see what Stafford can do with a run game and I think we do whatever it takes to get this run game fixed in the offseason.  If Chark is anything like they hoped for, Stafford to Chark could be deadly with stacked boxes.  I dont think Cousins could back the safeties up the way Stafford could

Cousins has never had a run game , and has had worse receivers, and has outplayed Stafford.  

It's just odd people would be hesitant to give money to Cousins but would happily trade assets and pay the same money to Stafford despite being a worse QB
I dont think it's odd at all.  I think Stafford could help lead this team to a SB

(12-15-2018, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 10:11 AM)JackCity Wrote: Cousins has never had a run game , and has had worse receivers, and has outplayed Stafford.  

I dont think it's odd at all.  I think Stafford could help lead this team to a SB

Where would you rank Stafford and Cousins amongst QBs

(12-15-2018, 11:49 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think it's odd at all.  I think Stafford could help lead this team to a SB

Where would you rank Stafford and Cousins amongst QBs

I dont have a ranking of the QBs but I would much rather Stafford and I feel his upside is much higher.

(12-15-2018, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 11:49 AM)JackCity Wrote: Where would you rank Stafford and Cousins amongst QBs

I dont have a ranking of the QBs but I would much rather Stafford and I feel his upside is much higher.

Matt Stafford is about to be 31 yo.. whatever upside he has/had, he's already reached it.