Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade for Mathew Stafford

(12-15-2018, 03:51 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont have a ranking of the QBs but I would much rather Stafford and I feel his upside is much higher.

Matt Stafford is about to be 31 yo.. whatever upside he has/had, he's already reached it.

But is it? The prime is looking like the late 30s nowadays.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd trade a 1st rounder. He good.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2018, 07:30 PM by nhiverson.)

Hell nooo he's awful

Ita not stats with Stafford he chokes I now see that with cousins too don't want him.
No Fun

(12-15-2018, 07:29 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Hell nooo he's awful

Ita not stats with Stafford he chokes I now see that with cousins too don't want him.

Both throw with better mechanics and quicker release and can make the simple routine throws, unlike you know who, so it's an upgrade

(12-15-2018, 04:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 03:51 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Matt Stafford is about to be 31 yo.. whatever upside he has/had, he's already reached it.

But is it? The prime is looking like the late 30s nowadays.
Who has ever reached their prime in their late 30s???
That's the start of the decline

(12-14-2018, 09:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nope. He's just as overrated as Kirk Cousins up there. On the verge of deeming Aaron Rodgers the same too. That guy refuses to check down when he's got an open man with miles of green in front of him. Hard pass.

Lol, Rodgers overrated. That's legit the worst take I've seen on here in a while.

(12-16-2018, 12:28 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 09:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nope. He's just as overrated as Kirk Cousins up there. On the verge of deeming Aaron Rodgers the same too. That guy refuses to check down when he's got an open man with miles of green in front of him. Hard pass.

Lol, Rodgers overrated. That's legit the worst take I've seen on here in a while.
Yeah. Because he's certainly been great in today's game right? He's another guy that struggles against legit winning teams as well. Just like Cousins.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-16-2018, 03:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 12:28 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Lol, Rodgers overrated. That's legit the worst take I've seen on here in a while.
Yeah. Because he's certainly been great in today's game right? He's another guy that struggles against legit winning teams as well. Just like Cousins.

He's one of the greatest QBs to ever step on the field

He's 0 - 35 when trailing in 4th quarters against winning teams. And he's not a good QB on the road. He looks for the big play whether its there or not and misses easy plays underneath.

Not impressed. Sure, he's had more luck than others with last second prayers. But so has Eli Manning. And he had those in bigger games.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 03:48 PM by JackCity.)

(12-16-2018, 03:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's 0 - 35 when trailing in 4th quarters against winning teams. And he's not a good QB on the road. He looks for the big play whether its there or not and misses easy plays underneath.

Not impressed. Sure, he's had more luck than others with last second prayers. But so has Eli Manning. And he had those in bigger games.

Okay so you haven't watched him, that's fine.

Rodgers has a passer rating of 99 on the road. 155 TDs , 46 picks. Tom Brady's is 96. Mannings is 93. Drew Brees is 92.

Look. You can lick the man's balls and feet all you want. I am saying he's basically the Dan Marino of his generation who won against a beat up Steelers offense for his lone SB win.

Not rolling the red carpet out for a guy that doesn't get it done against top shelf teams and has a bigger mouth and ego in comparrison to his accomplishments on the field.

He's a good passer. Ill give him that. He's had some nice SNF games. Ill give him that. But he's highly overrated when you factor in his contract among other things.

(12-16-2018, 03:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Look. You can lick the man's balls and feet all you want. I am saying he's basically the Dan Marino of his generation who won against a beat up Steelers offense for his lone SB win.

Not rolling the red carpet out for a guy that doesn't get it done against top shelf teams and has a bigger mouth and ego in comparrison to his accomplishments on the field.

He's a good passer. Ill give him that. He's had some nice SNF games. Ill give him that. But he's highly overrated when you factor in his contract among other things.

So do you think all of the above QBs are bad on the road too? 

Calling Rodgers just a "a good passer" is selling him wildly short, but again, you seem to have some kind of personal vendetta with him

(12-16-2018, 03:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 03:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Look. You can lick the man's balls and feet all you want. I am saying he's basically the Dan Marino of his generation who won against a beat up Steelers offense for his lone SB win.

So do you think all of the above QBs are bad on the road too? 

Calling Rodgers just a "a good passer" is selling him wildly short, but again, you seem to have some kind of personal vendetta with him
Nothing personal at all. But at nearly $34M cap hit wise? I just don't see where he's carrying that team consistently enough to warrant that.

Maybe the injuries have slowed him down a bit. But. Again. I feel like he's been over sold and has under performed based on the pedestal that everyone seems to place him on.

Brees has been just as better as a passer throughout his career. So has Rivers. Again. He's had two or three big hail mary plays and so his legend grows or whatever.

And of course I have seen him play. At times it's like watching a master pool player run the table as he calls the shots and pockets at will.

I have seen that before though. Manning did it. Brady does it. Roethlisberger has even had perfect games. Rivers, Brees, etc.

IMHO. He's not anymore deserving than those guys.

(12-16-2018, 04:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 03:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: So do you think all of the above QBs are bad on the road too? 

Nothing personal at all. But at nearly $34M cap hit wise? I just don't see where he's carrying that team consistently enough to warrant that.

Maybe the injuries have slowed him down a bit. But. Again. I feel like he's been over sold and has under performed based on the pedestal that everyone seems to place him on.

Brees has been just as better as a passer throughout his career. So has Rivers. Again. He's had two or three big hail mary plays and so his legend grows or whatever.

And of course I have seen him play. At times it's like watching a master pool player run the table as he calls the shots and pockets at will.

I have seen that before though. Manning did it. Brady does it. Roethlisberger has even had perfect games. Rivers, Brees, etc.

It's just when you say he's not good on the road you'd need to prove that by comparing him to other QBs. It doesn't hold up.  

Lol, you are all over the place here. How is Rivers a better QB than Rodgers? There isn't anything to back that up

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 04:53 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-16-2018, 04:45 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 04:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nothing personal at all. But at nearly $34M cap hit wise? I just don't see where he's carrying that team consistently enough to warrant that.

It's just when you say he's not good on the road you'd need to prove that by comparing him to other QBs. It doesn't hold up.  

Lol, you are all over the place here. How is Rivers a better QB than Rodgers? There isn't anything to back that up
You're missing the point. Fixing to give up on you. All I said was homeboy is overrated. And that he's placed on a pedestal.

There's other QB's that have accomplished just as much with great passing performances.

People act like he's the Muhammad Ali or Michael Jordan of the QB position. Plenty of great passing QBs have existed in the NFL.

Just don't get the infatuation with the guy. Sounds like it's actually more personal for you. Did he touch you on the shoulder once there Proximo?

Looks like Golden Boy is fixing to lose another game to a winning football team after trailing all day.

But he's awesome! [BLEEP] outta here. LOL.

I would love to have Stafford but I’d be more intrigued to go get a rookie and see what he’s got.

Stafford has always had a cannon, but he's been pretty unpredictable. Reminds me of Cutler.
Rodgers a surgeon, but he's also a front-runner. Very few 4th quarter come from behind victories for him in his career - only 13. Of course, if you're blowing teams out like he's done for much of his career, there are fewer opportunities. Manning and Brady top the list btw.
Current players with more than Rodgers include Alex Smith, Derek Carr, Andy Dalton, Tannehill, and Flacco. FWIW, Stafford has done it 26 times in his career.
Strange to see that Steve Young only had 13 in his career.

(12-16-2018, 04:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 04:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's just when you say he's not good on the road you'd need to prove that by comparing him to other QBs. It doesn't hold up.  

You're missing the point. Fixing to give up on you. All I said was homeboy is overrated. And that he's placed on a pedestal.

There's other QB's that have accomplished just as much with great passing performances.

People act like he's the Muhammad Ali or Michael Jordan of the QB position. Plenty of great passing QBs have existed in the NFL.

Just don't get the infatuation with the guy. Sounds like it's actually more personal for you. Did he touch you on the shoulder once  there Proximo?

Looks like Golden Boy is fixing to lose another game to a winning football team after trailing all day.

But he's awesome! [BLEEP] outta here. LOL.

He is literally one of the greatest QBs ever, by every metric. You have no idea what you are talking about. You cannot overrate the greatest. Your argument lost all merit once you said he wasnt a good QB on the road and then Jackcity shut you down with facts. You obviously have never watched him play.

Why would this idea even come up? Did the Lions announce that they want to trade Stafford? Why not trade for Aaron Rodgers?

(12-20-2018, 09:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why would this idea even come up?   Did the Lions announce that they want to trade Stafford?   Why not trade for Aaron Rodgers?

Because the lions are in a bit of a cap pickle and they need to re-sign Ziggy Ansah or let him walk. 
Meanwhile - they are looking at a $30 million cap hit from Stafford.

(I'm not suggesting they'll actually trade him - just providing the info)