Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Updated Draft Order

Give me a QB with a quick release and a high comp pct!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-19-2018, 02:26 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Give me a QB with a quick release and a high comp pct!

Will Grier is your QB.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-19-2018, 03:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 02:26 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Give me a QB with a quick release and a high comp pct!

Will Grier is your QB.

Dwayne Haskins could also be your QB.

(11-19-2018, 03:14 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 03:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Will Grier is your QB.

Dwayne Haskins could also be your QB.
Watched Haskins up close and personal on Saturday and I was really impressed. I'm a MD grad and was really excited when he first declared to be a Terp. Fast forward to now and he's a Buckeye leading a team to a 1 loss record.

He's big, calm, accurate and just seems to run a smooth offense.

(11-19-2018, 03:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Will Grier is your QB.

That’s my QB1.

I would be happy with Grier, Haskins and/or Finley in that order. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they drafted two passers in April. I like Haskins. Puts the ball on the money, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Finley is more of a game manager. Grier I think could be a good fit if they decide to keep Hackett.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 04:48 PM by JNev.)

What teams picking ahead of us would even entertain the idea of taking a QB? Just the Giants really and they have the same record as us... Maybe the Bucs too but I feel like they'll give Jameis one more year with a ll that offensive talent around him. We could have our choice of QBs come April if things break right. My vote is Lock btw, guy has a rocket arm and great pocket presence

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 05:33 PM by Kane.)

(11-19-2018, 04:47 PM)JNev Wrote: What teams picking ahead of us would even entertain the idea of taking a QB? Just the Giants really and they have the same record as us... Maybe the Bucs too but I feel like they'll give Jameis one more year with a ll that offensive talent around him. We could have our choice of QBs come April if things break right. My vote is Lock btw, guy has a rocket arm and great pocket presence

I've got em ranked 
Grier (Top 10)
Lock (top 10)
Haskins (top 15)
Finley (first rounder... watch out for New England here)

This is assuming the rumors of Herbert staying in school are true.

These are the 4 guys that have settled in as the first round QBs in my opinion and any of them could have very good NFL careers.
But as I've been harping here recently... the coaching staff matters in the development of any of these guys. None of them are coming in as "ready" as an Andrew Luck pick.
Put on a team with Gus Bradley coaching em, and they'd all flame out for different reasons. A hitch in the mechanics here, a certain "scheme" in college there... each one has a potential knock that anyone can point at and go "but but"

I wouldn't be mad at getting any of these 4...but with the current coach staff I wouldn't feel great about their ability to come in right away and help. I've just lost confidence in not only Hackett but Doug too.

We should finish top 5 realistically. Maybe the G-men will pick ahead of us. Outside of them, I don't see a lot of QB needy teams picking ahead of us as a few of them got their guy last year.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

Here they have us taking Lock at 8
Herbert to the Raiders (everyone keeps saying he's staying in school and Carr is done?)

and then no other first round QBs Grier goes to NYG in 2nd... psssh

Which is kinda crazy to me.

If we were to double dip, what would y’all think of a middle round pick on Shea Patterson if he were to declare? Mobile, accurate passer with a decent arm.

We can't double dip if Bortles is on the books, so I'd consider it highly unlikely. Of course we're in position for a top5 pick in a draft without QBs. If we lose against Buffalo, which is likely, I don't see us winning another game outside of Washington. Oh well... we suck again!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

In an earlier thread someone posted stats about Haskins where it looks like under pressure his numbers fall off a cliff. That has me concerned.

(11-19-2018, 05:27 PM)Kane Wrote: I've got em ranked 
Grier (Top 10)
Lock (top 10)
Haskins (top 15)

Found Caldwell's burner account.

(11-20-2018, 01:18 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 05:27 PM)Kane Wrote: I've got em ranked 
Grier (Top 10)
Lock (top 10)
Haskins (top 15)

Found Caldwell's burner account.

HAHA...

You're not baiting me into an argument.

Guess we'll just see how it all shakes out.

NYG
JAX
TB
NE

You don't think that's possible?

If we stay ahead of Tampa Bay and Denver, we should have a chance at the #2 QB in the draft.

(11-20-2018, 02:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we stay ahead of Tampa Bay and Denver, we should have a chance at the #2 QB in the draft.

If the Giants win one game and we lose out we'll get our pick of QBs. No one else except maybe Oakland in a bit of a surprise would be looking at QB.

Although I suppose someone could trade ahead of us. (Tampa, Denver, Miami)

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018, 08:41 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-20-2018, 03:23 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 02:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we stay ahead of Tampa Bay and Denver, we should have a chance at the #2 QB in the draft.

If the Giants win one game and we lose out we'll get our pick of QBs. No one else except maybe Oakland in a bit of a surprise would be looking at QB.

True, someone could always trade up. I can't see the Raiders taking a QB though. They have too many needs on the D-Line, linebacker, secondary, WR, RB and O-Line to take a QB that early. I will definitely be a big Giants fan for the rest of the season. The more they win, the better off we will be in the draft. I also do not believe Bortles will be starting for us next season. He'll be on the roster, but if he starts, Jacksonville fans may riot. Instead, something tells me our "bridge QB" will be Joe Flacco.

(11-20-2018, 04:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 03:23 PM)Kane Wrote: If the Giants win one game and we lose out we'll get our pick of QBs. No one else except maybe Oakland in a bit of a surprise would be looking at QB.

Instead, something tells me our "bridge QB" will be Joe Flacco.

That would be awkward.

(11-22-2018, 10:35 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 04:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:  Instead, something tells me our "bridge QB" will be Joe Flacco.

That would be awkward.

Better than Bortles.

(11-22-2018, 02:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 10:35 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: That would be awkward.

Better than Bortles.

I was more just making a joke about Jalen saying that he sucks and calling him trash.

(11-22-2018, 03:35 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 02:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Better than Bortles.

I was more just making a joke about Jalen saying that he sucks and calling him trash.

I forgot about that.  Blush