Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Guilty Pleasures Thread

I know it's insensitive and all, but I grew up watching Indians baseball, and I love Chief Wahoo.

I am fascinated by sideshow attractions and their (dark) history.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2018, 10:55 AM)Mikey Wrote: I know it's insensitive and all, but I grew up watching Indians baseball, and I love Chief Wahoo.

I am fascinated by sideshow attractions and their (dark) history.

The Indians have been one of my favorite underdogs to pull for when they sneak into the playoffs over the years. 
And that logo was one of the coolest team logos ever.

8 bit video games.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

ABBA, prog rock, old PC games from the XP era, and building the perfect home stereo. Audio books on a road trip. Wasting a bunch of extra hot water in the shower just 'cause I feel like it.

(12-21-2018, 09:11 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: ABBA, prog rock, old PC games from the XP era, and building the perfect home stereo.  Audio books on a road trip.  Wasting a bunch of extra hot water in the shower just 'cause I feel like it.

ABBA?  

wow

I'm starting to like this thread.  Getting some quality fess-ups.  
Big Grin

(12-20-2018, 06:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like listening to sappy songs on the rides to work in the morning and on the way home in the evening. Makes me more thankful to be alive and to have the time I still have with my family.

I'm guilty of this one occasionally too. 

And your crop-dusting habits are definitely worse than my cold pizza breakfasts, btw. No matter what farmer boy says about it. 
Tongue

(12-21-2018, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 09:11 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: ABBA, prog rock, old PC games from the XP era, and building the perfect home stereo.  Audio books on a road trip.  Wasting a bunch of extra hot water in the shower just 'cause I feel like it.

ABBA?  

wow

Big Grin

Well, in a thread like this, that's the name of the game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 09:47 AM by Caldrac.)

I like Psytrance. And I like Psychadelic rock and art work. I feel like there's a negative stigma attached to those genres of music. But I am a big fan of Shpongle, Rolando Simmons, Amon Tobin, Tipper, Ott, Tame Impala & Mac DeMarco at the moment. Vangelis is also another GO TO on a daily basis. I have tons of his albums saved on Spotify for work.

Eventually I also want to collect some cool looking Alex Gray and Zdzislaw Beksinski posters or paintings to frame up around my house on the walls.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-21-2018, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

ABBA?  

wow

Big Grin

Now what is wrong with ABBA?  Great harmony and catchy lyrics.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-22-2018, 12:13 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: ABBA?  

wow

Big Grin

Now what is wrong with ABBA?  Great harmony and catchy lyrics.

Just a bit left field from what I know of anon2112's musical taste. 

And, you know, they are kind of a corny pop band.

I can make many rationalizations and explanations that may or may not make sense, but my guilty pleasure for the last 14 years has been World of Warcraft.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-22-2018, 01:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I can make many rationalizations and explanations that may or may not make sense, but my guilty pleasure for the last 14 years has been World of Warcraft.

That's a reasonable one to have too. I stopped playing after Wrath of the Lich King. My dad still plays it here and there. Just can't get into it anymore. But video game wise I have to admit Skyrim by far is my guilty pleasure. I'll play it religiously for 2 - 3 months straight at a time. And then ween off of it for 2 - 3 months at a time. Just a really fun game to pick up and jump back into.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Married at First Sight I find it hilarious and very intriguing.

My current events one is LivePD on A&E.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-22-2018, 07:13 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: ABBA?  

wow

Big Grin

Well, in a thread like this, that's the name of the game.

And does it mean anything to you?

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 07:48 PM by The Drifter.)

Another one of my Guilty Pleasures is B Movies. Nothing like the B Movie Bimbo in a tight sweater that looks like she's been shot through the back with a couple of cruise missles
Elvira MIstress of the Dark
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

My guilty pleasure, doritios I like them too much even when I'm not really hungry.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Are we talking innocent pleasures, or pleasures which resulted in a conviction of guilty? Just wondering.

(12-22-2018, 08:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: My guilty pleasure, doritios I like them too much even when I'm not really hungry.

Is weed another guilty pleasure?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-24-2018, 09:40 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 08:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: My guilty pleasure, doritios I like them too much even when I'm not really hungry.

Is weed another guilty pleasure?

I don't feel guilty about enjoying it.  Smile