Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Students in UK being taught boys can have periods

Question 

Story here and other websites are carrying it too.

"PRIMARY school pupils will now be told that boys can have periods too in new sex education guidance.

The advice to teachers was approved by Brighton Council in a bid to tackle stigma surrounding menstruation.

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]The report states: "Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods", adding "menstruation must be inclusive of 'all genders'."
[/font]

It also orders that "bins for used period products are provided in all toilets" for children and that trans pupils and students should be provided with additional support from a school nurse if needed.

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]The council said it was also "important for all genders  to be able to learn and talk about menstruation together".[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Um..... I'm a bit confused. First of all, why on earth are you talking to 8 year olds about menstruation; second of all, are they saying trans boys can have periods meaning girls who see themselves as boys will have those periods? And what are binary people? Those who see themselves as neither gender? And are the parents of all these kids aware that this is being taught? [/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]I never raised kids so I have no idea what is taught in American schools regarding this subject. I only remember vague classes regarding this when I was in school and there were no boys in those classes and the parents decided if their daughter was taught this in school. [/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]I know there are girls who are never told about this subject at home and only find out when it happens and they freak out and I sympathize with them, and for them a class like this is necessary. But to bring boys into the room and discuss it this way is..... I would have been mortified. I'm not saying education for trans girls who think they're boys is not necessary because they will have periods, I'm saying biological boys and girls should not be forced into these conversations in the same classroom. This article didn't quite articulate how this is going to happen in a way that I can understand, and reading other articles didn't clear it up so if anyone, especially our UK friends know what they're talking about and can elaborate that would be great.[/font]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 08:48 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

What is this world coming to? If a male starts bleeding for their "nether regions" they need to get to a doctor, because they probably have something wrong with their kidneys or they got their dong caught in their zipper.

[Image: 1b9bys.jpg]

I think they are talking about transgender. Seems a bit unnecessary but whatever, I'm sure it's a tabloid exaggeration.

I'm all for banning teaching kids fiction like creationism etc however if that's the case.

There was an internet cartoon way back in the day, before YouTube, made up of short sketches from the mind of an animator who was slowly going insane. One of them was a cloud person announcing to his dancing cloud friends that his anus is bleeding. It's a lot funnier in the video, and it seems oddly appropriate here.

(12-21-2018, 08:50 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I think they are talking about transgender. Seems a bit unnecessary but whatever, I'm sure it's a tabloid exaggeration.

I'm all for banning teaching kids fiction like creationism etc however if that's the case.

There were articles on several sites so I don't think it is an exaggeration. 

Do they teach creationism in school? I don't remember what we were taught to be honest. The 80's was a long time ago and I didn't care who created what, I just did the work to pass the class. My home life was enough to deal with without adding to it. 

And one person's fiction is another person's belief.

(12-21-2018, 11:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 08:50 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I think they are talking about transgender. Seems a bit unnecessary but whatever, I'm sure it's a tabloid exaggeration.

There were articles on several sites so I don't think it is an exaggeration. 

Do they teach creationism in school? I don't remember what we were taught to be honest. The 80's was a long time ago and I didn't care who created what, I just did the work to pass the class. My home life was enough to deal with without adding to it. 

Beliefs have no place in education. Only facts and theories with strong supporting evidence.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 01:25 AM by JackCity.)

They are referring to girls who have made the transition to boys and may still have female sex organs. They aren't saying that people with male sex organs can have a period.

Of course, that wouldn't get people up in arms so the papers wouldn't make the distinction. It's kinda funny people get wound up so easily by papers which everyone knows make stories up for that purpose.

The world's going to [BLEEP]. Terrified to have children now in today's age. Because now I know that I'll have to teach my child at home after school everyday just to make sure they can tell the difference between reality and made up BS.

And then. I'll have to also teach them how to keep it behind closed doors within our home and to put on a happy face out there around all of these morons so I don't get questioned by the village for refusing to allow them to raise my child into an idiot. There's a lot of goofy BS out there. Glad I am starting to catch onto that too.

This sexual blending and gender bending BS has been finding it's way into your everyday modern Saturday and Sunday cartoons as well. Be mindful of what your children are watching. I am not saying you should cut them off of everything or try to hide them from the truth. But just be careful of the "programming" that gets flashed in front of them on TV. It's pretty, pretty creepy what these [BLEEP] are doing with cartoons and other "Kid Friendly" programs.

This kind of [BLEEP] leaking into the school system is just another form of it happening. Mental terrorism. It's there folks. And it starts a lot sooner than you think.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I teach elementary PE as well as 5th grade family life.

I teach the boys and we discuss girls getting their period and the changes that occur in puberty for both boys and girls.

We have NEVER discussed this. In fact, if a student asks a certain type of question, my response is always “ask someone at home who you trust.”

This seems crazy that schools are saying this. That’s a topic for parents.

(12-22-2018, 12:57 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 11:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There were articles on several sites so I don't think it is an exaggeration. 

Beliefs have no place in education. Only facts and theories with strong supporting evidence.

Agreed. If you are born a male, have a surgery and believe you are now a female, when facts state you just have a dong that's been turned inside out like an old sock. That has no place in the school system.

(12-22-2018, 08:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I teach elementary PE as well as 5th grade family life.

I teach the boys and we discuss girls getting their period and the changes that occur in puberty for both boys and girls.

We have NEVER discussed this. In fact, if a student asks a certain type of question, my response is always “ask someone at home who you trust.”

This seems crazy that schools are saying this. That’s a topic for parents.

I wish more teachers and schools had this line of thinking. You're spot on. Thank you for keeping it simple and honest with your students with a really complex question and lessons to teach. And I mean that.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If Trump's mood swings aren't related to his menstrual cycle, what in the hell is up with him, then?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-22-2018, 02:35 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If Trump's mood swings aren't related to his menstrual cycle, what in the hell is up with him, then?

+1

(12-22-2018, 02:35 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If Trump's mood swings aren't related to his menstrual cycle, what in the hell is up with him, then?

Mental defect.

The TDS treatment group is down the hall, fellas.

(12-22-2018, 03:44 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The TDS treatment group is down the hall, fellas.

Lighten up, BLT. It's a joke.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 08:00 PM by americus 2.0.)

Big Grin   Dude is worse than a typical woman.

(12-22-2018, 12:57 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 11:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There were articles on several sites so I don't think it is an exaggeration. 

So, for the sake of argument, these kids believe they are of another gender regardless of facts and theories with supporting evidence. How does that have a place in education?

My wife swears I get a man period
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-22-2018, 07:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 12:57 AM)TJBender Wrote: Beliefs have no place in education. Only facts and theories with strong supporting evidence.
So, for the sake of argument, these kids believe they are of another gender regardless of facts and theories with supporting evidence. How does that have a place in education?

It doesn't. That's a personal matter.

(12-23-2018, 12:31 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 07:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

It doesn't. That's a personal matter.

It belongs in certain spheres of education like medicine, civics, and biology.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato