Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henry or Fournette?

I liked Henry coming out of Alabama - he seemed so big, fast and strong, and TN got him in the 2nd round. 

But he seemed to fall out of favor and I began to think I was wrong about him and he must not be as good as I thought.

But now that they ran out of players to give the primary carries to, we see that DH is indeed a beast; he just needed the carries to prove it. 

For my $, I'd take DH over LF, at this point. But the good news for Jags fans: DH took some time before he really developed into the beast
we see today. That means there is still hope LF can end up being the force that the Jags thought he would be before his career is over. 

DH is putting up 5 ypc in 2018. That is not weak sauce. Give LF an OL that isn't composed of 3rd stringers and a QB who can scare defenses
(and a LF that is healthy) and we might be looking at LF's future while we watch this season's Henry.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The titans line is much better, but Henry was the better pick just because he wasn't taken in the top five. If he played here he'd still be getting stuffed.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 06:13 PM by MoJagFan.)

Move this to the division thread please. Just another thread to bag on us. Cripes the whole pregame today is foisting praise on Henry. I get it he ran on the jags. Jeez this team. I hate the Titans and I am flat sick of being their whipping team.

This team needs to retool to snack the crap out of the division. All I want for Christmas is a capable team that feasts on the division. The other games will work themselves out.

Yeah and I hope the wounded Redskins beat the Titans out of contention. And jeez they are the walking wounded but their street QB is better than what we have seen all year.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 06:17 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

(12-22-2018, 06:06 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The titans line is much better, but Henry was the better pick just because he wasn't taken in the top five. If he played here he'd still be getting stuffed.

Especially this year. But this book is not finished; for all we know, LF could become the league's leading rusher next year.

(12-22-2018, 06:10 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Move this to the division thread please. Just another thread to bag on us. Cripes the whole pregame today is foisting praise on Henry. I get it he ran on the jags. Jeez this team. I hate the Titans and I am flat sick of being their whipping team.

This team needs to retool to snack the crap out of the division. All I want for Christmas is a capable team that feasts on the division. The other games will work themselves out.

Yeah and I hope the wounded Redskins beat the Titans out of contention. And jeez they are the walking wounded but their street QB is better than what we have seen all year.

I disagree, does this sound like bagging?

Quote:DH is putting up 5 ypc in 2018. That is not weak sauce. Give LF an OL that isn't composed of 3rd stringers and a QB who can scare defenses

(and a LF that is healthy) and we might be looking at LF's future while we watch this season's Henry.

Leonard Fournette is just a solid back, not a great back like mojo or fred taylor. LF needs a solid offensive line to do what he does, he has a hard time making his own holes and was a stupid move to draft him 4 th overall when he was a late first round talent at best.

Not so much bagging.. just didnt need a new thread. We have us a bunch of 4net threads. Look I am just salty today. The pregame was tough to watch and listen too. Sorry I am not trying to make anything a personal attack. Typed words are tougher than I mean.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

3net not very good, we all agree, let’s move on.

(12-22-2018, 06:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: 3net not very good, we all agree, let’s move on.

He's only told us his negative opinions on two of our players. He's got 20 more to go. 
I'm guessing there will be a "Myles Jack is no Bobby Wagner" thread any time now. 
Tongue

(12-22-2018, 06:17 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: Leonard Fournette is just a solid back, not a great back like mojo or fred taylor. LF needs a solid offensive line to do what he does, he has a hard time making his own holes and was a stupid move to draft him 4 th overall when he was a late first round talent at best.

Taylor and MJD had HOF lines compared to the crap out there today.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 07:23 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

(12-22-2018, 07:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 06:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: 3net not very good, we all agree, let’s move on.

He's only told us his negative opinions on two of our players. He's got 20 more to go. 
I'm guessing there will be a "Myles Jack is no Bobby Wagner" thread any time now. 
Tongue

And let's ignore the multiple positive assertions I made. MMMMmm kkkk? And, in actuality, overall, I am less negative about LF than most in here.

Let's leave out that part too.  Cool

(12-22-2018, 06:24 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Not so much bagging.. just didnt need a new thread. We have us a bunch of 4net threads. Look I am just salty today. The pregame was tough to watch and listen too.  Sorry I am not trying to make anything a personal attack. Typed words are tougher than I  mean.

No worries, MoJag. And forgive me for not being here long enough to realize what's been discussed to death. I don't mean to add to repetition and am trying to (but not sucessfully) to not just beat a dead horse.  Big Grin I will improve.

I think everyone is over estimating our offensive line. We're starting castoffs from the 2nd worse offensive line in the league. Where does that put us?

Also, Henry sucks. Jags just suck more. I've been waiting for "Henry to emerge" now for almost two years. Couldn't beat out a broken aging Murray for the job and has only ran on a sorry Jags team.

(12-22-2018, 07:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 06:17 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: Leonard Fournette is just a solid back, not a great back like mojo or fred taylor. LF needs a solid offensive line to do what he does, he has a hard time making his own holes and was a stupid move to draft him 4 th overall when he was a late first round talent at best.

Taylor and MJD had HOF lines compared to the crap out there today.

No in 2011, our line sucked pretty bad and MJD produced. Ditto 2008. Both of them could do more than LF.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Henry has strung together a few good games... good for him. I don't think he's been given enough opportunities until now. Maybe Vrabel has a firm grasp of the obvious.
Fact is, the healthier back will have the better career, and I don't know who that's gonna be. I'm happy my team has one of them, anyway.

The difference between a great running back and a good or solid running back is that even when the offensive line is no good, they seem to make their own holes and pick up yards. Fred Taylor and mojo did not always have good offensive lines but they never got stuffed as much as LF.

Sadly, I do not believe there are many great rbs anymore in the nfl, LF is not any worst than 95 percent of the running backs now a days. Henry is probably equal to LF s level but only looks better due to playing behind a top 3 offensive line. Neither player is a great back, the only great backs in the nfl right now are Todd Gurley, Elliott, Bell and probably Barkley. Everyone else is only good to solid. Fred taylor in hos prime would be today the best rb in the nfl but in his day he never was the top rb, that's how much the talent at rb position has changed.

Neither of them are destined for the record books or the HOF, but both can be productive behind a good line.
Just a couple of slightly above average backs at this point.
No "beast" among them.
Fournette was an unwise pick at #4 and Henry at #45 was a slightly wiser selection.

(12-22-2018, 07:51 PM)Inziladun Wrote: I think everyone is over estimating our offensive line. We're starting castoffs from the 2nd worse offensive line in the league. Where does that put us?

Also, Henry sucks. Jags just suck more. I've been waiting for "Henry to emerge" now for almost two years. Couldn't beat out a broken aging Murray for the job and has only ran on a sorry Jags team.

Henry has a 5 ypc season so far. That does NOT suck, come on. Far from it.

(12-23-2018, 11:32 AM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: Sadly, I do not believe there are many great rbs anymore in the nfl, LF is not any worst than 95 percent of the running backs now a days. Henry is probably equal to LF s level but only looks better due to playing behind a top 3 offensive line. Neither player is a great back, the only great backs in the nfl right now are Todd Gurley, Elliott, Bell and probably Barkley. Everyone else is only good to solid. Fred taylor in hos prime would be today the best rb in the nfl but in his day he never was the top rb, that's how much the talent at rb position has changed.

There are plenty of talented backs, included who you mentioned, but I'd also say Hunt (if he was on a team), Peterson (even at his advanced age), McCaffrey, Gordon, Kamara, Chubb...all good backs. The run had been minimized for the first half of the season, but as the season wore on, the rush and D has once again became vital to teams' successes. It always happens even with the NFL's extreme desire to make it all about passing and offense.

(12-23-2018, 11:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Neither of them are destined for the record books or the HOF, but both can be productive behind a good line.
Just a couple of slightly above average backs at this point.
No "beast" among them.  
Fournette was an unwise pick at #4 and Henry at #45 was a slightly wiser selection.

A 5 ypc is not average at all.

LF. All day. Henry will be out of the league in 3 years
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002