Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henry or Fournette?

I think LF ends up being wayyy better than Henry
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-23-2018, 11:24 AM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: The difference between a great running back and a good or solid running back is that even when the offensive line is no good, they seem to make their own holes and pick up yards. Fred Taylor and mojo did not always have good offensive lines but they never got stuffed as much as LF.

Fred had some very solid O lines (Boselli, Coleman, Wade, Wiegert, Searcy), Mojo had at least decent ones. It's damn hard to ever do much as RB if you get hit by waves of defenders in the backfield. No RB is that good with OLs that bad. Not Emmitt, not Sanders, not Bettis, not Bell, not LT.

(12-23-2018, 05:39 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think LF ends up being wayyy better than Henry

Time will tell; 4net has to get healthy first, to have even a shot.

DH is rushing at 5 yards a clip this season. That's in the same neighborhood as backs like Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, AP, OJ, Terrell Davis and so on.

http://www.footballperspective.com/caree...-adjusted/

(12-24-2018, 01:10 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 11:24 AM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: The difference between a great running back and a good or solid running back is that even when the offensive line is no good, they seem to make their own holes and pick up yards. Fred Taylor and mojo did not always have good offensive lines but they never got stuffed as much as LF.

Fred had some very solid O lines (Boselli, Coleman, Wade, Wiegert, Searcy), Mojo had at least decent ones. It's damn hard to ever do much as RB if you get hit by waves of defenders in the backfield. No RB is that good with OLs that bad. Not Emmitt, not Sanders, not Bettis, not Bell, not LT.

Maurice Jones Drew ran for the rushing title behind a pretty craptastic O-Line. A line way worse than what Fournette had last season and than what your guy Henry has right now. 

Go ahead and search the internet for some superlatives on Will Rackley and Guy Whimper.
(you won't find any because they sucked)
They were the 2011 version of Josh Walker and Patrick Omameh. They were accompanied by two decent vets at the end of their careers and showing it in Meester and Nwaneri.  The perennially average-at-best Monroe was at LT. 
Not good. 
But MJD ran for 1600 and 4.7 per tote. 

I'm not even gonna try to talk Freddy T with you. You ought to know how special he was if you were alive and conscious in 2007.  Neither Fournette nor Henry deserve mentions in the same breath.

(12-24-2018, 01:20 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 05:39 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think LF ends up being wayyy better than Henry

Time will tell; 4net has to get healthy first, to have even a shot.

DH is rushing at 5 yards a clip this season. That's in the same neighborhood as backs like Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, AP, OJ, Terrell Davis and so on.

http://www.footballperspective.com/caree...-adjusted/

If you think DH maintains that ypc which is largely inflated by the 200 yard game here and a game against another bittom tier rush defense id urge you to get your eyes checked. Theres a reason hes only topped 100 yards 3 times, theres a reason he took a back seat to demarco murray and dion lewis. Hes a modern day tj duckett, cool hell run you over in space but hes a big back who doesnt move the pile hell washout soon.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I hate fournette. Worst pick in team history.

(12-25-2018, 08:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I hate fournette.  Worst pick in team history.

Really? Even though he had 1342 yards of offense in 13 games his rookie year? Worse than Luke Joeckel? Worse than Derrick Harvey? Than Matt Jones? Than Blaine Gabbert? Worse even than the infamous Harry Deligianis?

Or maybe you just started following the Jags.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Fournette reminds me of derrick henry. .
[Image: incredulous.gif]

As of right now, Henry has had a better career than Fournette. Fournette is going to need a huge 3rd year.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2018, 08:21 AM by SeldomRite.)

(12-26-2018, 07:11 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 08:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I hate fournette.  Worst pick in team history.

Really? Even though he had 1342 yards of offense in 13 games his rookie year? Worse than Luke Joeckel? Worse than Derrick Harvey? Than Matt Jones? Than Blaine Gabbert? Worse even than the infamous Harry Deligianis?

Presuming it wasn't hyperbole I can understand if they are considering what the jaguars missed out on drafting.

Passing on Mahomes for threenette is looking as stupid as taking Reggie Williams instead of Roethlisburger and Mattloaf instead of Rodgers.

Also can we stop with the threenette stat touting? He had the worst per carry stats of any of the thousand yard backs last year.

(12-26-2018, 08:19 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 07:11 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Really? Even though he had 1342 yards of offense in 13 games his rookie year? Worse than Luke Joeckel? Worse than Derrick Harvey? Than Matt Jones? Than Blaine Gabbert? Worse even than the infamous Harry Deligianis?

Presuming it wasn't hyperbole I can understand if they are considering what the jaguars missed out on drafting.

Passing on Mahomes for threenette is looking as stupid as taking Reggie Williams instead of Roethlisburger and Mattloaf instead of Rodgers.

Also can we stop with the threenette stat touting? He had the worst per carry stats of any of the thousand yard backs last year.

He said Fournette is the worst draft pick in Jag's history. The only way that makes sense is if it was indeed hyperbole or he's just a noob.

By the way, it's odd that you asked to stop discussing Fournette's stats and then quote one of his stats as the rationale.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Obviously Fournette isolated as a player isn't the worst pick in team history. However, if you consider that he was a RB picked in the top 5, with the opportunity cost of Mahomes and Watson, and that he has directly led us into the archaic backwards offense that sent us back to the stone age...well...the case is much stronger.

(12-26-2018, 08:41 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 08:19 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Presuming it wasn't hyperbole I can understand if they are considering what the jaguars missed out on drafting.

He said Fournette is the worst draft pick in Jag's history. The only way that makes sense is if it was indeed hyperbole or he's just a noob.

By the way, it's odd that you asked to stop discussing Fournette's stats and then quote one of his stats as the rationale.

For what it's worth I don't think he's the worst draft pick ever. Clearly guys like Soward and Blackmon were much worse, but threenette will probably be remembered around here more like Mattloaf and Williams thanks to two franchise QBs being drafted after him.

I didn't say don't discuss them, I said stop touting them. They don't actually say the great things about him the people that bring them up seem to think they do.

Bryan Anger, Blackmon, Brian Smith are all right there.

(12-26-2018, 11:43 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Bryan Anger, Blackmon, Brian Smith are all right there.

To be fair, at the time he was drafted Blackmon seemed like a very solid choice and, when he was actually able to play, was pretty damn impressive.

(12-26-2018, 12:03 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 11:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: Bryan Anger, Blackmon, Brian Smith are all right there.

To be fair, at the time he was drafted Blackmon seemed like a very solid choice and, when he was actually able to play, was pretty damn impressive.

Blackmon was always a questionable pick, he made his reputation around here based on some horrendous defensive play against him, but with his off the field issues he probably should have been a mid round pick like Dede Westbrook.

Henry would have about 10 yards this season running behind our depleted Oline and unimaginative offense that doesn't throw the ball beyond 5 yards

(12-22-2018, 09:35 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 07:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Taylor and MJD had HOF lines compared to the crap out there today.

No in 2011, our line sucked pretty bad and MJD produced. Ditto 2008. Both of them could do more than LF.

MJD was my favorite player at that time. But, to be fair, he had way more carries than the other leading RBs in the league.

I think MJD had something like 60 more carries in that season than L McCoy,, the back with the next most carries. 
He basically had 2 - 2 1/2 more "games worth" of carries. 

(Jags had to do it though, as that was all they could do)

BTW:  right now, I'd take Henry.