Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Evaluation Mode? Or Tanking?

After making Hyde inactive last week, the Jags have TJ Yeldon scratched in week 16. 

Are they truly just getting a good look at Williams believing he's their best option, or have they truly adopted a tanking approach to cap the season? 

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...8541782017

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...7622587392

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With them saying no coaching change is coming I think they're in preseason mode. Let's be honest we don't have to tank to lose out, this roster sucks enough to do that without tanking.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Can you really call it tanking if you just suck?

Evaluation mode. Looks like David Williams will be the #2 rb going into 2019. They need to put Bortles in now, he needs all the reps he can get, then finally graduate from QB college in California this offseason, then the Jags are ready for 2019

(12-23-2018, 12:55 PM)EricC85 Wrote: With them saying no coaching change is coming I think they're in preseason mode. Let's be honest we don't have to tank to lose out, this roster sucks enough to do that without tanking.

(12-23-2018, 01:02 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Can you really call it tanking if you just suck?

I think you guys are right.

Professionals don't tank, they have millions riding on their performance.

Why in the world is TJ a healthy scratch. I truly hate this coaching staff and really hope the reports of marrone staying are false.

(12-23-2018, 01:48 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Why in the world is TJ a healthy scratch. I truly hate this coaching staff and really hope the reports of marrone staying are false.

His agent told him not play to avoid injury so he can get paid to play for a contender next season.

total evaluation.

With the cut down of OTAs and "real" opportunities to evaluate talent. This is best time against a 7-7 team and a Houston Texans team.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-23-2018, 01:48 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Why in the world is TJ a healthy scratch. I truly hate this coaching staff and really hope the reports of marrone staying are false.

I mean, if they are actually trying to win, the guy that's been a consistently effective YAC producer on screens and swings seems like a guy you want active given Miami's susceptible defense and the Jags terrible O-Line.
This was the main thing that prompted the thread for me. 
Just seems like Yeldon is good for a no-brainer 60-70 yards against this poor tackling opponent. 
Either ill-advised strategy, or they value roster evaluation over W's at this point in my opinion. 

Yeah - good chance they lose either way, but strange nonetheless.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2018, 02:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-23-2018, 01:52 PM)old_man Wrote: total evaluation.

With the cut down of OTAs and "real"  opportunities to evaluate talent.  This is best time against a 7-7 team and a Houston Texans team.

This, if we were tanking i dont think we would have LF or a lot of our top defenders in there. After Coughlins reaction to our last win I doubt he would ever want to lose regardless of we are out of the playoffs or not

we just suck

Look who is filling the QB position. This is a tank job.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

at least jets and giants winning!’

Well we suck at tanking too
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Tank lol, welp

Hyde played well, i hope we keep him as the #2 to Fournette next season. This team missed having a guy like Chris Ivory to change the pace like he did in 2017
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Hyde showed I wasn't wrong when I said he should be the early down back, Yeldon the third down back, and Fournette the short yardage/goal line back.

Twenty three years in and this team more specifically the front office is starting to test my fandom to this crap.

https://twitter.com/adamstites_/status/1...12257?s=21

Ouch
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."