Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daniel Jones QB Duke

stinks

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

5th rounder to undrafted free agent

He needs to stay in school. I don't get the hype?

(12-27-2018, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He needs to stay in school. I don't get the hype?

He's tall, white and is coached by the guy who coached Peyton+Eli and has linked up with both of them. So naturally the media is very friendly to him

(12-27-2018, 03:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He needs to stay in school. I don't get the hype?

He's tall, white and is coached by the guy who coached Peyton+Eli and has linked up with both of them. So naturally the media is very friendly to him

In the last two seasons, the guy hasn't even been able to get to a 60% completion rating. He's been at 56.7% and 59%. That's terrible. It automatically disqualifies him as far as I'm concerned.

Havnt watched a lot of him but he looks good today

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2018, 05:10 PM by JackCity.)

(12-27-2018, 04:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 03:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's tall, white and is coached by the guy who coached Peyton+Eli and has linked up with both of them. So naturally the media is very friendly to him

In the last two seasons, the guy hasn't even been able to get to a 60% completion rating. He's been at 56.7% and 59%. That's terrible. It automatically disqualifies him as far as I'm concerned.

Well I wouldn't go that far. He just screams Mike Glennon with more running ability to me

(12-27-2018, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Havnt watched a lot of him but he looks good today

He's been killing it since I posted this lmao

He good now. 75%, 400 yards, 5 td, 1int in the 4th quarter. Draft stock rising.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2018, 05:54 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

One good game doesn't make up for a season of mediocrity. Temple isn't exactly an NCAA powerhouse.

(12-27-2018, 03:35 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: 5th rounder to  undrafted free agent

(12-27-2018, 05:35 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He good now. 75%, 400 yards, 5 td, 1int in the 4th quarter.   Draft stock rising.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-27-2018, 05:35 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He good now. 75%, 400 yards, 5 td, 1int in the 4th quarter.   Draft stock rising.

CHHAAAAAAAAAMPIOOOONSHIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

(12-27-2018, 05:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 03:35 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: 5th rounder to  undrafted free agent

[Image: giphy.gif]

Shot up to 1st round with this performance.  Like what was posted earlier, tall Caucasian, smart and probably a good speaker at the podium with no "umms", "you know", "most definitely" , coached Peyton and Eli.  Sounds like Tom Coughlin's kind of QB.

(12-27-2018, 06:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 05:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Shot up to 1st round with this performance.  Like what was posted earlier, tall Caucasian, smart and probably a good speaker at the podium with no "umms", "you know", "most definitely" , coached Peyton and Eli.  Sounds like Tom Coughlin's kind of QB.

[Image: god-help-us.jpg]

(12-27-2018, 06:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 05:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

More realistically probably late 1st-2nd rounder before the game.

He looked terrific today. I like that hes a 3 year starter and had the same qb coach as peyton and eli. Strengths are a pro style offense (besides the amount of shotgun) and ability to make reads, solid footwork and throws from a good platform with even shoulders, decent motion/release; cons are arm strength, the tendency to play more out of shotgun and completion %.

Most of his detractors dislike the completion % but forget that Duke was plagued by injuries this year, has a lack of talent to begon with and dont recognize that he took a bottom feeder program in a basketball school to prominence in the ACC.

He likeley will need to sit a year to get up to nfl speed, and learn to take snaps under center. His arm strength is the biggest concern but i believe that he has enough arm to make all the neccessary nfl throws, although he wont have much extra sauce so to speak. His completion % is another point of concern but less so considering he was plagued by drops from an injured and substandard supporting cast talent wise. I think our 2nd round pick with a tradeup would be the right spot to target him but by no means should we reach for him in the top 10.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(12-27-2018, 09:31 PM)Firesky Wrote: He looked terrific today. I like that hes a 3 year starter and had the same qb coach as peyton and eli. Strengths are a pro style offense (besides the amount of shotgun) and ability to make reads, solid footwork and throws from a good platform with even shoulders, decent motion/release; cons are arm strength, the tendency to play more out of shotgun and completion %.

Most of his detractors dislike the completion % but forget that Duke was plagued by injuries this year, has a lack of talent to begon with and dont recognize that he took a bottom feeder program in a basketball school to prominence in the ACC.

He likeley will need to sit a year to get up to nfl speed, and learn to take snaps under center. His arm strength is the biggest concern but i believe that he has enough arm to make all the neccessary nfl throws, although he wont have much extra sauce so to speak. His completion % is another point of concern but less so considering he was plagued by drops from an injured and substandard supporting cast talent wise. I think our 2nd round pick with a tradeup would be the right spot to target him but by no means should we reach for him in the top 10.

Those were the same things Josh Allen fans said about him least year. I'll pass.

I want nothing to do with him in the first 3 rounds. This dude is not a first round talent whatsoever, that’s got to be a damn joke. 4th round flier? Sure. That just shows how bad this class is.

He wasn't on my radar as a prospect until his last game. I still don't see him going round one, but perhaps if we get to the third round and still don't have a qb, I can see us maybe taking him there. Maybe he'll be the next Russell Wilson. 
'02

At the very least, Jones will go in the late 1st to a team who wants to trade up to get the 5th year option. And over the course of the pre draft festivities he could rise considerably higher than that.

(12-28-2018, 11:54 AM)Upper Wrote: At the very least, Jones will go in the late 1st to a team who wants to trade up to get the 5th year option. And over the course of the pre draft festivities he could rise considerably higher than that.

I can maybe see a team trading up to the tail end of round one after that last game where Jones put on a hell of a show, but I do think that's his ceiling, and that he still could easily fall to round three.  I tend to think Ryan Finlay is taken ahead of Jones, and a guy like Thorson or Stidham could go ahead of Jones as well. Any one of these names, along with Grier, could easily find themselves taken during the last several picks in round one. 
'02