Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hakeem Butler

Been a fan of his all year and hes going off against wash st right now. I think he is going to be a beast in the NFL. I would love to take him in the second

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not sure where WR will fit into this year's draft but I'd be all in on getting Butler if we can. Gonna test lights out at the combine too

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 02:10 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I really like Butler, but only after we address the O-line. He has size, athleticism and big play ability, but his drops this year do concern me a little.

I still like Harry.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Metcalf for me

He did look impressive last night. I wouldn't mind it if the Jaguars got him, but he'll likely be gone by round 3 and q.b./offensive line are much greater needs. Another guy I'd like is David Montgomery. He probably will be available in the 5th round if he comes out as a junior, depending on how fast he times in the 40. The guy knows how to find the openings and can also catch the ball as a receiver.

I like Whiteside as well, he is a TD machine. Not sure if anyone is better in the redzone at the one on one jump ball in the endzone. His box out, high point and hands are ridiculous

(12-29-2018, 01:39 AM)JackCity Wrote: Not sure where WR will fit into this year's draft but I'd be all in on getting Butler if we can. Gonna test lights out at the combine too

It's our second biggest need so it better factor into our draft big time.

(12-29-2018, 12:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 01:39 AM)JackCity Wrote: Not sure where WR will fit into this year's draft but I'd be all in on getting Butler if we can.  Gonna test lights out at the combine too

But it isnt, oline and TE are bigger needs.  I would take BPA out of TE, WR, and OL.  If Metcalf or Brown fell to our 2nd pick is the only way I would take a WR in the 2nd

(12-29-2018, 12:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 12:01 PM)Upper Wrote: It's our second biggest need so it better factor into our draft big time.

But it isnt, oline and TE are bigger needs.  I would take BPA out of TE, WR, and OL.  If Metcalf or Brown fell to our 2nd pick is the only way I would take a WR in the 2nd

If the Jags do nothing at the position going into next year, your starting WRs are Lee coming off injury, unproven Chark, and Dede - the only guy worth a damn. I believe WR is a huge area of need.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 12:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-29-2018, 12:19 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 12:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: But it isnt, oline and TE are bigger needs.  I would take BPA out of TE, WR, and OL.  If Metcalf or Brown fell to our 2nd pick is the only way I would take a WR in the 2nd

If the Jags do nothing at the position going into next year, your starting WRs are Lee coming off injury, unproven Chark, and Dede - the only guy worth a damn. I believe WR is a huge area of need.

I never said it wasnt.  I said it's not the 2nd biggest need.  Oline is by far the 2nd biggest need and I would but TE over it as well

ASJ will be coming off an injury and after him you have nobody. A good TE is a safety blanket for a QB. This TE class looks good at the top and can help our run game as well.

(12-29-2018, 01:39 AM)JackCity Wrote: Not sure where WR will fit into this year's draft but I'd be all in on getting Butler if we can.  Gonna test lights out at the combine too

It's third after Oline which is why I'm not sure where exactly it fits in. Could be 3rd or 4th before we take one , especially with a class like this

A real WR1 will help our offense far more than any olineman will. Our oline when healthy is perfectly fine. It just needs one more decent player, and obviously health. Our WR corps needs a beast.

I don't think starting 3 question marks and a center who usually misses on a few games counts as fine.

I'm totally on board with getting a receiver, just don't think it's gonna be there in the 2nd for us. Getting one would help Dede immensely.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 12:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-29-2018, 12:36 PM)Upper Wrote: A real WR1 will help our offense far more than any olineman will. Our oline when healthy is perfectly fine. It just needs one more decent player, and obviously health. Our WR corps needs a beast.

Naw, you dont need a true number 1 WR to win in this league.  I cant even remember where a SB winner had a beast at WR.  Almost all of them had a very  good oline though and a good TE.  Dede is a good number 2 and Lee is a good slot WR.  Chark will be entering his 2nd season and hopefully we draft a QB that is accurate on the deep ball.  We need to add another WR but we dont need a true number 1 and we have other need more pressing.  If WR is BPA in the 2nd or 3rd I think it's a possibility, if Brown and Metcalf are gone give me and Hockenson over any of the other WRs

Not to mention we wont even have a starting RG on this team as Cann will be a FA, much less depth

(12-29-2018, 12:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't think starting 3 question marks and a center who usually misses on a few games counts as fine.  

I'm totally on board with getting a receiver, just don't think it's gonna be there in the 2nd for us. Getting one would help Dede immensely.

I wasnt the biggest Chark fan but he showed flashes before getting hurt after his rough start.  Hopefully he will improve, and any rookie it will be a question mark like Chark

(12-29-2018, 12:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't think starting 3 question marks and a center who usually misses on a few games counts as fine.

Norwell and Linder aren't question markes, and Robinson isn't a question mark either really...just what position he settles in. Everyone and their brother was drooling over Richardson he counts as a much better piece than any non Dede WR option. So we have 1 semi proven WR vs 3.5ish olineman.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 01:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-29-2018, 12:55 PM)Upper Wrote:

Norwell and Linder aren't question markes, and Robinson isn't a question mark either really...just what position he settles in. Everyone and their brother was drooling over Richardson he counts as a much better piece than any non Dede WR option. So we have 1 semi proven WR vs 3.5ish olineman.
Is bad as I didnt want Lee he is a really good slot WR and the best WR in the league at the slant and also a good blocker

(12-29-2018, 12:55 PM)Upper Wrote:

Robinson is absolutely a question mark , you have mentioned how poor of an LT he's been and he's never played RG/RT before so we can't feasibly say he's anything but a question mark there too.

Our RG is a question mark because we don't have one, Richardson hasn't played before and got zero burn as a rookie. He too is a big question mark. Linder and Norwell are good but Linder is usually good to miss a couple games a year.  If you wanna 
simplify it ,our LT/RG/RT spots are all question marks heading in 2019  

I don't think it's a big deal having Oline #2 and WR#3. If someone like Metcalf is somehow there when we pick in the 2nd then I'd probably go for it. Just remains to be seen how the board goes

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 04:37 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

No, it's not. O-Line is. We've had this discussion before.

(12-29-2018, 04:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 12:01 PM)Upper Wrote: It's our second biggest need so it better factor into our draft big time.

No, it's not. O-Line is. We've had this discussion before.

Yep, and I still say it's an ok oline. We were in the low top 10 range in 2017 for oline ranks according to three different grading sites. And until Wells got hurt our oline was passable even with Robinson hurt last year. Add Robinson back, add what we all liked about Richardson, and add one decent LT/RG (depending where Robinson winds up) and we're fine. Our WR corps are not fine with Dede + trash.