Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Raiders to hire Mike Mayock for GM

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 09:46 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

No more mock drafts from Mayock

Mayock > Caldwell

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-31-2018, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No more mock drafts from Mayock

Mayock > Caldwell

That sucks for those of us who watch NFL Network.

But upon what do you base your closing assessment of Mayock being better than Caldwell?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Nah man, they need to hire olinematters

I guess we’ll see just how much of an offseason fluff this guy is. He is a good mouth piece but I’ve never been overly impressed with his draft boards.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...draft-pick
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 10:03 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-31-2018, 09:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No more mock drafts from Mayock

Mayock > Caldwell

That sucks for those of us who watch NFL Network.

But upon what do you base your closing assessment of Mayock being better than Caldwell?

His player rankings and who Caldwell usually takes

(12-31-2018, 09:59 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I guess we’ll see just how much of an offseason fluff this guy is. He is a good mouth piece but I’ve never been overly impressed with his draft boards.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...draft-pick

Well he was right, he was the best edge rusher and he didnt go past the Jags.

(12-31-2018, 09:58 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Nah man, they need to hire olinematters

They would draft Haskins and trade Carr for a ham sandwich if that was the case.  Olinematters likes to get ripped off when it comes to trades

On the surface, this is a bad hire. Time will tell.

Watching his draft coverage he sometimes falls in love with players who aren't good enough to succeed on the NFL level as anything other than special teamers but theyre just "good football players"

(12-31-2018, 10:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 09:58 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Nah man, they need to hire olinematters

They would draft Haskins and trade Carr for a ham sandwich if that was the case.  Olinematters likes to get ripped off when it comes to trades

Lolol. Hilarious

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 01:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Wow! This is a shocker. Maybe we should hire Mel Kiper.  Banana

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 02:15 PM by Jagwired.)

Mayock will fail miserably as a GM. He is hailed for his mocks when he hits and the misses are glossed over and don't matter. Until now if he is hired. Another Raider fail.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c2a5c905a35484759c52a10]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-31-2018, 01:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Wow! This is a shocker. Maybe we should hire Mel Kiper.  Banana

What about me?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Maybe its just me but i think Mayock will do good

Huge difference between player rankings and actual GMing. Gruden is the guy in charge there so Mayock won't have full say on who is picked. You can be sure any Raiders draft will get good reports from the media though

Wow we really do live in an insane world . Jimmy cracked corn....

(12-31-2018, 11:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe its just me but i think Mayock will do good

It's just you.

Well this sucks for the NFL channel. Raiders going for all the TV guys, they got Gruden and Mayock. Who’s next?

Well I'm really bummed in terms of draft coverage. For whatever strange reason I actually remember the very first time I switched over to the NFL Network on draft day when ESPN went to commercial break. And instead of Chris Berman trying to leak the pick before the selection was announced or Mel Kiper repeating a bunch of stats without any real analysis, Mayock and Charles Davis were actually breaking down tape, talking about the players strength and weakenesses, etc... and I haven't switched back to ESPN since. His coverage of the Senior Bowl was fantastic. Gonna be a big loss for those of us who really like following the draft.

As far as how he will do as a GM, who knows. It's such a crapshoot drafting players. Ultimately at some point he'll need to make a move on a QB whether through the draft or free agency. And that will determine if he is a success or not.

It's cute how many people think they understand being a GM.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I was very disappointed when the decision was made a few seasons ago to remove Mike Mayock from the Thursday Night NFL game analysis role. Mayock was my favorite NFL analyst this decade. I'm going to miss his draft analysis.

Time will tell if Mayock is successful in his new position. A huge question mark on this end is how much will Jon Gruden listen to Mayock's recommendations?