Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vance Joseph Fired

If Marrone were smart, which he isn't, he would fire Wash and give Joseph a shot with this defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-31-2018, 10:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If Marrone were smart, which he isn't, he would fire Wash and give Joseph a shot with this defense.

I think Wash got a lot better as the season went on.  The offense gave no help at all for our defense.  As bad as our offense this year was we still finished top 5 in points and yards allowed

Nah Wash is just fine

I guess he's not having the time of his life anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F0f013sLIo

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 02:24 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(12-31-2018, 05:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Nah Wash is just fine

He did seem to become a competent coordinator as the season progressed. However, I hope he’ll be learning some new tricks in the offseason. Pete Carroll is the only one adept at running the Seattle defense. Bradley finally has got it going in LA after failing here with it. Wash is merely a disciple of a disciple and needs to continue building a fresh system to the current personnel.

He did seem to become a competent coordinator as the season progressed. However, I hope he’ll be learning some new tricks in the offseason. Pete Carroll is the only one adept at running the Seattle defense. Bradley finally has got it going in LA after failing here with it. Wash is merely a disciple of a disciple and needs to continue building a fresh system to the current personnel.

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2019, 02:21 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I'd just like to see Wash get a bit more aggressive within his zone usage. 

For instance another blitz package to accompany Cover 1 sets would help matters.

The cover 2 looks could use more press at the line from the corners.
And the C3/C4 looks need tweaks to stop just completely giving up the underneath stuff so easily. That's a tough fix though. Especially when your WLB has a rough go of it in coverage like Telvin did last year.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 02:10 PM by Adam2012.)

(01-05-2019, 11:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 02:21 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: He did seem to become a competent coordinator as the season progressed. However, I hope he’ll be learning some new tricks in the offseason. Pete Carroll is the only one adept at running the Seattle defense. Bradley finally has got it going in LA after failing here with it. Wash is merely a disciple of a disciple and needs to continue building a fresh system to the current personnel.

I'd just like to see Wash get a bit more aggressive within his zone usage. 

For instance another blitz package to accompany Cover 1 sets would help matters.

And the C3/C4 looks need tweaks to stop just completely giving up the underneath stuff so easily. That's a tough fix though. Especially when your WLB has a rough go of it in coverage like Telvin did last year.

lol ... everyone's a coach. We do watch games on television, so therefore.

Not saying you're right or wrong. Who knows? But we don't know the players and we're sure not at practice. But I understand the temptation to play Coach.

(12-31-2018, 10:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If Marrone were smart, which he isn't, he would fire Wash and give Joseph a shot with this defense.

Why?

Three years ago had you ever even heard the name Vance Joseph? Big fan of his schemes, I'm sure.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(01-05-2019, 02:09 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd just like to see Wash get a bit more aggressive within his zone usage. 

lol ... everyone's a coach. We do watch games on television, so therefore.

Not saying you're right or wrong. Who knows? But we don't know the players and we're sure not at practice. But I understand the temptation to play Coach.

Yeah. 
It's a football message board. 
Everyone's a coach. Everyone's a player. Everyone's a GM. 
News flash - just so you aren't surprised by other content around the board: 
This place is filled with opinions about football that you may or may not disagree with. 

I responded to a post about the DC with what I think he could do differently that would improve the defense. 
People complain constantly about his zone coverage. I attempted to be specific about it. 
Glad you're entertained, I guess.