Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Antonio Brown

Reports are coming out that Antonio Brown was benched for their last game for having some issues with Big Ben.  I say draft a QB round 1, and offer our 2nd for Brown.  They’ve had issues all year, i bet they’d take I think, plus he’s under  contract for 3 more years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Are you insane? The Steelers aren't gonna give Brown away for a 2nd rounder. They'd laugh you out of the building.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 12:18 AM by Jagzfanfromiowa.)

He’s 30 years old, making almost $13 Million/year, and causing some disruption. Our 2nd rounder would be towards the top of the round. Give them that and Fournette.

(01-01-2019, 12:17 AM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: He’s 30 years old, making almost $13 Million/year, and causing some disruption.  Our 2nd rounder would be towards the top of the round.  Give them that and Fournette.  You may be surprised.

I'd pass. Big Ben makes him look good. Look at his stature and he's not a speedster.

No...he is 30 and expensive. No thanks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Have you watched him run a route? He makes himself look good. Jalen just said that Brown and Hopkins are 1A and 1B. I’ll take Ramsey’s word over yours.

(01-01-2019, 12:23 AM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: Have you watched him run a route?  He makes himself look good.  Jalen just said that Brown and Hopkins are 1A and 1B.  I’ll take Ramsey’s word over yours.

Would AB put up the same #'s with Bortles.

Our offensive struggles are about more than Blake. Our scheme/playcalling is entirely too predictable. You forget once that Blake had 2 1,000 yard receivers on his team in the same year in Hurns and Robinson. I’d keep Blake, and bring in a 1st round quarterback. Brown’s only making 3.5 Million more than we paid Moncrief this year. I’d let Hyde, Yeldon, and Grant go, and draft a RB, and sign one for the practice squad. I’d let Moncrief walk, and roll with Lee, Brown, and Westbrook as my top 3. Id also draft a TE, and a couple of lineman.

Lol at yall downplaying Brown. He'd be the best WR in franchise history the minute he wore real, even at 30 years old. Don't think it happens though.

AB would be nice to have, and Bortles would be able to get the ball to him just fine.
But it'd be a waste and they wouldn't reach their potential unless the offensive line plays a whole heck of a lot better.
With guys coming back from injury I'm hopeful. But of course Norwell was nothing special before injury.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

The culture in the locker room is [BLEEP] and you want a manure delivery?

(01-01-2019, 02:14 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The culture in the locker room is [BLEEP] and you want a manure delivery?

Imagine having another Jalen Ramsey type character, this time on offense. I listened to ESPN radio tonight and they were talking to former Steeler Ryan Clark. He said this didn't surprise him at all. He said he almost got into a fight with Brown at practice one time. He went on to explain that Brown was screaming and disrespecting the coaches and he would tell the coaches, how he was "the franchise". He said Brown was a "me first" guy who has always put his own stats before the team. Brown is one of the top 2 receivers in the NFL, but we have enough discord in the locker room. Adding another "headcase" would not be a wise move.

(01-01-2019, 12:20 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I'd pass. Big Ben makes him look good.  Look at his stature and he's not a speedster.

Dumbest comment ever, and that's saying a lot. By your logic, every great receiver is not really great, the QB always makes them look good. 

I'll notify the HOF to remove Rice, Moss, Carter, TO, etc because they're not really good.

I'd rather try and sign like Golden Tate for cheap to add to our young core maybe a draft pick too.
No Fun

(01-01-2019, 05:30 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 12:20 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I'd pass. Big Ben makes him look good.  Look at his stature and he's not a speedster.

Dumbest comment ever, and that's saying a lot. By your logic, every great receiver is not really great, the QB always makes them look good. 

I'll notify the HOF to remove Rice, Moss, Carter, TO, etc because they're not really good.

Rice had Montana and young.  So you think rice would have put up the same #s under Bortles. Doubt it, not even close. Bortles has bad ball placement and anticipation and doesn't target receivers when their about to get open or open. Even last year with the o line still intact, remember all those passes behind Lee on crossing routes. You think Rice dealt with that at San Fran. Nope, the west coast offense there was a precision offense that had a lot of short passes that required run after the catch, meaning the ball was placed right where it needed to be so the receiver caught the ball in stride.

Lol@ people saying nahh I’ll pass on AB.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 10:15 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

What?!?! HE makes Ben look good!

(01-01-2019, 10:00 AM)SuperJville Wrote: Lol@ people saying nahh I’ll pass on AB.

Welcome to the Jaguars forum, where all-pros are never welcome.

He is a great player but also a jerk and we have no QB to throw him the ball, so no thanks.

The way I see it is the morons running this team can't draft worth a crap, so may as well go all in on free agents. Bring in Brown and Hunt. Draft QB, TE, then the rest OL.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 11:12 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

(01-01-2019, 10:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

What?!?! HE makes Ben look good!

Wrong. Who was dropping those dimes in last year's playoffs against the Jaguars. How did a above avg wr like juju smith Schuster get 1400 yards also. How do you think leveon bell gets those yards and regarded as one of the top RBs. You think Bell would put up the same numbers with his patient style of running in Jax when teams stack the box because they have no fear of Jax passing game. The reason, an elite 1st ballot HOF QB.