Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to interview Darrell Bevell

@jasonlacanfora Darrell Bevell set to meet with the Falcons and Jaguars about their offensive coordinator positions

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First question. Will Blake be my QB and will Lee be my #1 receiver?

(01-01-2019, 07:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: First question. Will Blake be my QB and will Lee be my #1 receiver?
If yes to both, thanks but no thanks.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Tom will reassure him he will provide him with the best possible fat RB that can't find a hole in a donut shop

Has some good work with a young QB under his belt and fits the anticipated mold of running the ball while still having a viable air attack.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 07:30 PM by p_rushing.)

Great, an OC that got fired and no one wanted so he sat out a year. He also is boring and let's continue to run the ball into the back of the OL.

Hopefully his relationship with the Falcons gets him the job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(01-01-2019, 07:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Great, an OC that got fired and no one wanted so he sat out a year. He also is boring and let's continue to run the ball into the back of the OL.

Who would you like to see as a candidate?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(01-01-2019, 07:46 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 07:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Great, an OC that got fired and no one wanted so he sat out a year. He also is boring and let's continue to run the ball into the back of the OL.

Jim Bob Cooter?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-01-2019, 07:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 07:46 PM)knarnn Wrote: Who would you like to see as a candidate?

Jim Bob Cooter?

I wouldn’t mind him but he was fired. According to the other poster we need to look for someone who hasn’t been fired before.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(01-01-2019, 07:51 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 07:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Jim Bob Cooter?

I wouldn’t mind him but he was fired. According to the other poster we need to look for someone who hasn’t been fired before.

Good thing Belichick isn’t available, we would’ve probably wasted our time interviewing that castoff since he got fired by the Browns

That'd be pretty tough to find guys who haven't been fired before. Most coaches have been fired at some point.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 08:10 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Bevell is the king of running bubble screens. Pass.

I want Mike Kafka or Zac Taylor as OC.

(01-01-2019, 07:46 PM)knarnn Wrote:

They need to find someone with an attacking style offense that is creative and uses the player's skills. Not retreads that weren't good enough for anyone to promote them in all the years they've coached in the same OC position.

Hiring the same coaching types will result in the same thing.

They need to go outside of the NFL or at least the current coaching style.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I'd lime marc trustman, has proven to have good offense and brings out good stats from medicore qbs.

1 instance

1995-1996: San Francisco 49ers – Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach

Returned to coaching with Steve Young at the helm of the 49ers offense. The 1995 team led the NFL in scoring (475) and passing yards (4,779)

(01-01-2019, 07:55 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 07:51 PM)knarnn Wrote: I wouldn’t mind him but he was fired. According to the other poster we need to look for someone who hasn’t been fired before.

Good thing Belichick isn’t available, we would’ve probably wasted our time interviewing that castoff since he got fired by the Browns

Belichick is overhyped because he has Brady. Every coach with a HOF QB looks a lot better. Caldwell would be the #1 GM with Brady on this team and the defense killing teams trying to pass to keep up. Belichick coaching this team would have similar results.

Lots of folks pretty quick to write off a guy that went to (and won) the Superbowl with a second year QB just a few years ago.

(01-01-2019, 08:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lots of folks pretty quick to write off a guy that went to (and won) the Superbowl with a second year QB just a few years ago.

He won with a powerhouse defense and a QB that made plays with his feet. I want an OC who can work with a QB, by utilizing his passing abilities and pushing the ball downfield. Not by drawing up bubble screens over and over.

(01-01-2019, 08:20 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 07:55 PM)JNev Wrote: Good thing Belichick isn’t available, we would’ve probably wasted our time interviewing that castoff since he got fired by the Browns

Belichick is overhyped because he has Brady. Every coach with a HOF QB looks a lot better. Caldwell would be the #1 GM with Brady on this team and the defense killing teams trying to pass to keep up. Belichick coaching this team would have similar results.

In 08 with no Brady they were 11-5 and Matt Cassel looked like a great QB.

Yuck, I hated watching boring Seahawks offense.

(01-01-2019, 08:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lots of folks pretty quick to write off a guy that went to (and won) the Superbowl with a second year QB just a few years ago.

He won with a powerhouse defense and a QB that made plays with his feet. I want an OC who can work with a QB, by utilizing his passing abilities and pushing the ball downfield. Not by drawing up bubble screens over and over.

Wilson passed for 3400 yds and rushed for 540 that season. 
26 TDs - 9 INTs and a 8.2 yards per pass attempt

Not really seeing evidence to support your claim here.