Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

I also believe Minshew can be a very good q.b. in the NFL. Other than Mark Brunell, this team's history with starting quarterbacks has been dreadful. This does not just include the terrible draft choices (Gabbert, Bortles and to a lesser degree, Leftwich), but the guys they passed on Big Ben, Mahomes, Watson and Lamar Jackson. Whether Foles is added to this list will be determined no later than midway through next season. Wouldn't it be incredible if the guy that ends this q.b. jinx is a 6th round pick who very few gave a chance to make the roster after his first training camp?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2019, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Minchew was setting rookie NFL records and won 6 of 8 rookie of the weeks. 

It's just a stupid, meaningless fan vote they said...

Minshew winning ROTW's that he didn't deserve won't impact anyone's judgement of him they said...

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 07:44 AM by NH3.)

(11-27-2019, 09:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I also believe Minshew can be a very good q.b. in the NFL. Other than Mark Brunell, this team's history with starting quarterbacks has been dreadful. This does not just include the terrible draft choices (Gabbert, Bortles and to a lesser degree, Leftwich), but the guys they passed on Big Ben, Mahomes, Watson and Lamar Jackson. Whether Foles is added to this list will be determined no later than midway through next season. Wouldn't it be incredible if the guy that ends this q.b. jinx is a 6th round pick who very few gave a chance to make the roster after his first training camp?

David Garrard was extremely successful as our fourth round draft pick when finally given the job. Admittedly, I too gave up on GM15 after the Pre-Season because his play didn't warrant my vote. At the time. It's evident of the thread that I created and others agreed to disagree. 

The bottom line is that GM15 had his chance to keep the starting job. If we would've won two more games under his watch, he'd be the starter right now, today. I too was caught up in the Minshew Mania and I still have hope but it was the right thing to do by reinserting NF7 back into the line up whether we the fans agree or disagree. 

NH3...
"AZANE"

(11-29-2019, 07:41 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 09:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I also believe Minshew can be a very good q.b. in the NFL. Other than Mark Brunell, this team's history with starting quarterbacks has been dreadful. This does not just include the terrible draft choices (Gabbert, Bortles and to a lesser degree, Leftwich), but the guys they passed on Big Ben, Mahomes, Watson and Lamar Jackson. Whether Foles is added to this list will be determined no later than midway through next season. Wouldn't it be incredible if the guy that ends this q.b. jinx is a 6th round pick who very few gave a chance to make the roster after his first training camp?

David Garrard was extremely successful as our fourth round draft pick when finally given the job. Admittedly, I too gave up on GM15 after the Pre-Season because his play didn't warrant my vote. At the time. It's evident of the thread that I created and others agreed to disagree. 

The bottom line is that GM15 had his chance to keep the starting job. If we would've won two more games under his watch, he'd be the starter right now, today. I too was caught up in the Minshew Mania and I still have hope but it was the right thing to do by reinserting NF7 back into the line up whether we the fans agree or disagree. 

NH3...

The GM15 and Garrard stories are pretty similar. Both held back by the politics around the statues ahead of them more than their play. Hopefully the Minshew promotion will take fewer seasons than the Garrard one.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-28-2019, 02:07 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Minchew was setting rookie NFL records and won 6 of 8 rookie of the weeks. 

It's just a stupid, meaningless fan vote they said...

Minshew winning ROTW's that he didn't deserve won't impact anyone's judgement of him they said...

You still but hurt about Minchew winning those well deserved awards?

(11-29-2019, 07:41 AM)NH3 Wrote:

NH3...

I was the exact opposite with Minshew during pre-season. I felt the amount of abuse he was taking playing behind that offensive line and his ability to hang in there and make throws with bullets flying around him was admirable. I recall even saying before the regular season started that I wouldn't mind seeing him play with the first string offense for [BLEEP] and grins. He didn't disappoint. 

Did he really have a chance though at keeping his job? I said it during the tinhorns game in London that the play calling was pretty questionable. I was wondering why they chose to run the football early against their run defense at that time where they were in the top five or ten if I am not mistaken. 

While they were hurting against the pass. There was no play action hardly called or any rolling out against their defense where Watt was recently out on IR and Joseph was banged up in the secondary as well. All of the early throws being called were short, safe plays to the outside or in the flat. 

It was wrong to insert Nick Foles back into the line-up when you consider he hadn't played in over two months and would be tasked to play against two divisional rivals on the road with really, really poor pass protection ahead of him. Minshew was highly ranked and regarding with his ability to escape and buy time. He was doing that a lot at times because of poor pass protection. 

Now they expect Foles who lacks that mobility to come in and get the ball out lightning fast and you've already seen defenders catch onto that and drop back and play volleyball with quite a few batted passes already seen on film. The coaching staff [BLEEP] up. Plain and simple. They completely mismanaged this situation. 

And after they get hammered at home by the Buccaneers the show is over at 4 - 8 and they'll probably put him back in the starting line-up and end up winning at least two games and then you'll hear further people on here questioning why they pulled him to begin with. It's not a knock against Foles. I just don't think he was ready after that injury. He's made a lot of bad decisions and throws so far due to being under duress with this offensive line. 

Just not a good year for him. Bad timing in general. The scheme may be built around his skill set but the pieces around him are clearly not. And I'll leave it at that.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-29-2019, 11:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 07:41 AM)NH3 Wrote:  David Garrard was extremely successful as our fourth round draft pick when finally given the job. Admittedly, I too gave up on GM15 after the Pre-Season because his play didn't warrant my vote. At the time. It's evident of the thread that I created and others agreed to disagree. 

NH3...

I was the exact opposite with Minshew during pre-season. I felt the amount of abuse he was taking playing behind that offensive line and his ability to hang in there and make throws with bullets flying around him was admirable. I recall even saying before the regular season started that I wouldn't mind seeing him play with the first string offense for [BLEEP] and grins. He didn't disappoint. 

Did he really have a chance though at keeping his job? I said it during the tinhorns game in London that the play calling was pretty questionable. I was wondering why they chose to run the football early against their run defense at that time where they were in the top five or ten if I am not mistaken. 

While they were hurting against the pass. There was no play action hardly called or any rolling out against their defense where Watt was recently out on IR and Joseph was banged up in the secondary as well. All of the early throws being called were short, safe plays to the outside or in the flat. 

It was wrong to insert Nick Foles back into the line-up when you consider he hadn't played in over two months and would be tasked to play against two divisional rivals on the road with really, really poor pass protection ahead of him. Minshew was highly ranked and regarding with his ability to escape and buy time. He was doing that a lot at times because of poor pass protection. 

Now they expect Foles who lacks that mobility to come in and get the ball out lightning fast and you've already seen defenders catch onto that and drop back and play volleyball with quite a few batted passes already seen on film. The coaching staff [BLEEP] up. Plain and simple. They completely mismanaged this situation. 

And after they get hammered at home by the Buccaneers the show is over at 4 - 8 and they'll probably put him back in the starting line-up and end up winning at least two games and then you'll hear further people on here questioning why they pulled him to begin with. It's not a knock against Foles. I just don't think he was ready after that injury. He's made a lot of bad decisions and throws so far due to being under duress with this offensive line. 

Just not a good year for him. Bad timing in general. The scheme may be built around his skill set but the pieces around him are clearly not. And I'll leave it at that.

+1
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-29-2019, 11:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 02:07 PM)Upper Wrote: It's just a stupid, meaningless fan vote they said...

You still but hurt about Minchew winning those well deserved awards?

I couldn't care less that he won the awards if people treated them as they really are, which is meaningless stupid fan votes.

But as predicted, highly biased fanatics would use those undeserved ROTW awards (of which there were many) to try to make real arguments about him being better than he was.

(11-27-2019, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 12:32 PM)JackCity Wrote: So you only give your boy Foles 2 games before deciding Minshew is better? Strange no?
Minchew was setting rookie NFL records and won 6 of 8 rookie of the weeks.  Minchew isnt your typical rookie QB.  He has the potential to be an All time great looking at what he did in some of those games as a rookie and what he had to work with.  If Minchew had a better oline and TEs no telling how good he can be

I like Minshew too. You just made a ton of statements in this very thread and then moved on after 2 games of football, why is that? 

Can we add him to the lengthy list of QBs you've gotten wrong or do you still think he can be a top 10 QB somewhere else? I believe you said Foles signing here would make us SB contenders and a top 5 team in football

(11-29-2019, 12:07 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Minchew was setting rookie NFL records and won 6 of 8 rookie of the weeks.  Minchew isnt your typical rookie QB.  He has the potential to be an All time great looking at what he did in some of those games as a rookie and what he had to work with.  If Minchew had a better oline and TEs no telling how good he can be

I like Minshew too. You just made a ton of statements in this very thread and then moved on after 2 games of football, why is that? 

Can we add him to the lengthy list of QBs you've gotten wrong or do you still think he can be a top 10 QB somewhere else? I believe you said Foles signing here would make us SB contenders and a top 5 team in football
I still think he can be a top 10 QB but I think Minshew can be bett than that.  I dont think it matters what QB we have with this coaching staff and roster.  The oline needs to be better, we need a decent TE, and we need another WR opposite of Chark.

(11-29-2019, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 12:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: I like Minshew too. You just made a ton of statements in this very thread and then moved on after 2 games of football, why is that? 

I still think he can be a top 10 QB but I think Minshew can be bett than that.  I dont think it matters what QB we have with this coaching staff and roster.  The oline needs to be better, we need a decent TE, and we need another WR opposite of Chark.

This is what I meant when I told you we don't have the same coaching or personnel as the Eagles, but you still said Foles would be great here

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 01:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-29-2019, 12:49 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still think he can be a top 10 QB but I think Minshew can be bett than that.  I dont think it matters what QB we have with this coaching staff and roster.  The oline needs to be better, we need a decent TE, and we need another WR opposite of Chark.

This is what I meant when I told you we don't have the same coaching or personnel as the Eagles, but you still said Foles would be great here

I over estimated our coaching staff and roster.  The loss of James O I feel was our biggest loss of the season. When he went down our offense has suffered every since as crazy as that sounds. TE is a gaping hole on this team without him and he isnt great but he is decent

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 02:30 PM by Cleatwood.)

(11-29-2019, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 12:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: This is what I meant when I told you we don't have the same coaching or personnel as the Eagles, but you still said Foles would be great here

I over estimated our coaching staff and roster.  The loss of James O I feel was our biggest loss of the season. When he went down our offense has suffered every since as crazy as that sounds.  TE is a gaping hole on this team without him and he isnt great but he is decent
Wait.... so James O is the reason the offense isn’t playing well?! Hahahaha

James O is a below average TE who did absolutely nothing unless he was wide open. You’re reaching here my dude.

And you said Minshew can be an all time great?! After 8 games?!  

Dude. You go through such a wide range of emotions on players. Relax.

(11-29-2019, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 12:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: This is what I meant when I told you we don't have the same coaching or personnel as the Eagles, but you still said Foles would be great here

I over estimated our coaching staff and roster.  The loss of James O I feel was our biggest loss of the season. When he went down our offense has suffered every since as crazy as that sounds.  TE is a gaping hole on this team without him and he isnt great but he is decent

James O is a TE2/3 on most rosters. He's not the reason our offense sucks lmao

(11-29-2019, 02:30 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I over estimated our coaching staff and roster.  The loss of James O I feel was our biggest loss of the season. When he went down our offense has suffered every since as crazy as that sounds.  TE is a gaping hole on this team without him and he isnt great but he is decent

James O is a TE2/3 on most rosters. He's not the reason our offense sucks lmao

He was a big part.  I dont care what you want to label him on other rosters.   When he went down we had nothing at TE in the passing game and he is our best blocking TE as well.  Minshew lost his safety blanket when he went down.  The rest of our TEs wouldnt even crack a roster spot on most teams

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019, 03:54 PM by JackCity.)

(11-29-2019, 03:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 02:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: James O is a TE2/3 on most rosters. He's not the reason our offense sucks lmao

He was a big part.  I dont care what you want to label him on other rosters.   When he went down we had nothing at TE in the passing game and he is our best blocking TE as well.  Minshew lost his safety blanket when he went down.  The rest of our TEs wouldnt even crack a roster spot on most teams

You are severely overvaluing the contribution of a guy who went over 32 yards receiving once in 5 weeks. The offense sucks for a variety of reasons, including lack of any TE, JOS simply improved that situation slightly. His loss is not a big reason why the offense tanked by any stretch of the imagination. 

Also Swaim is a better blocker than JOS.

(11-29-2019, 03:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 03:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was a big part.  I dont care what you want to label him on other rosters.   When he went down we had nothing at TE in the passing game and he is our best blocking TE as well.  Minshew lost his safety blanket when he went down.  The rest of our TEs wouldnt even crack a roster spot on most teams

You are severely overvaluing the contribution of a guy who went over 32 yards receiving once in 5 weeks. The offense sucks for a variety of reasons, including lack of any TE, JOS simply improved that situation slightly. His loss is not a big reason why the offense tanked by any stretch of the imagination. 

I never said he was the lone reason.  He was the biggest player loss on the offense.  He is a decent TE and when we lost him we had no TE.  I dont care what his numbers were, he was improving each week and was clear as day it hurt  the offense when he went down.  Naww, Swain is garbage and doesn't do anything better than JO

(11-29-2019, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I never said he was the lone reason.  He was the biggest player loss on the offense. 

It would be better to say that the offense hasn't had any major player losses then.

(11-29-2019, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 03:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: You are severely overvaluing the contribution of a guy who went over 32 yards receiving once in 5 weeks. The offense sucks for a variety of reasons, including lack of any TE, JOS simply improved that situation slightly. His loss is not a big reason why the offense tanked by any stretch of the imagination. 

I never said he was the lone reason.  He was the biggest player loss on the offense.  He is a decent TE and when we lost him we had no TE.  I dont care what his numbers were, he was improving each week and was clear as day it hurt  the offense when he went down.  Naww, Swain is garbage and doesn't do anything better than JO

Nobody said you did. Being a loss is not the same as being the main reason an offense tanked, there are numerous other reasons far more impactful than JOS being out. 

Swaim sucks but is a better blocker with a better and more versatile usage as one. Both the cowboys and jags used him as a FB as well as the chip off the edge. Not that it matters

(11-29-2019, 06:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 05:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I never said he was the lone reason.  He was the biggest player loss on the offense.  He is a decent TE and when we lost him we had no TE.  I dont care what his numbers were, he was improving each week and was clear as day it hurt  the offense when he went down.  Naww, Swain is garbage and doesn't do anything better than JO

Nobody said you did. Being a loss is not the same as being the main reason an offense tanked, there are numerous other reasons far more impactful than JOS being out. 

Swaim sucks but is a better blocker with a better and more versatile usage as one. Both the cowboys and jags used him as a FB as well as the chip off the edge. Not that it matters
They have used all our TEs at FB at times because we dont have one. 

This was him last year and he was improving in pass catching and route running. 

His pass catching production may never be elite, but Pro Football Focus had O’Shaughnessy as the No. 2 run blocker among tight ends last season. He also led Jaguars’ tight ends in snaps (51.3 percent, according to Football Outsiders), and barring any further additions via the draft a similar role would be in store for 2019.

Swain doesnt do anything better than JO