Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

I think Foles would be a sure upgrade that could help the Jags offense get back to functioning competitively.

I just think the cost will ultimately be too great.

I say draft the best one you can and keep drafting them till you hit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gimmie a stop gap veteran QB and a drafted QB..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I’m still not sure Foles would be a good fit here. I am definitely not saying he’s worse than what we had or have; he’s definitely an upgrade. But I’m just not sure it’s the right fit. I would choose him over any FA or trade option out there. But his price would be too steep and I don’t know f he could produce here like he is there. I just don’t know....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

If Jeffery, Ertz and Tate are coming with him, sure I'll take Foles.

Exactly. People on this board are crazy. The Eagles won because the Bears kicker blew a kick, but people on here are now sold on Foles saying he proved himself tonight. He was 25-40 with 2 TDS and 2 INT, for a QBR of just under 77.

Yeah but really someone on the Eagles named Hester got a piece of that kick so it is not entirely Bears Cody Parkey's fault. Bears wished they had Robbie Gould IMHO. But really if Nick Foles can pull off a win with the Saints, it would be indeed a Cinderella season.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

For all the complaints we have about spirals and good throws..... Foles would be right in that mold and a disaster for the Jaguars. I was not impressed. The Chicago defense couldn't get a stop when it counted. Seems very familiar.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-07-2019, 10:35 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: For all the complaints we have about spirals and good throws.....  Foles would be right in that mold and a disaster for the Jaguars.  I was not impressed.  The Chicago defense couldn't get a stop when it counted.  Seems very familiar.

While I don't think we should sign him, solely based on the fact he will be too expensive, I have to disagree with your assessment. As an Eagle, Foles makes excellent throws and has great instincts about throwing receivers open. This is something we haven't seen in Jacksonville in a very long time. 

Based on his resume, I think he is far more deserving of a big contract than a guy like Kirk Cousins, but I can't help but think that "magic" will be gone as soon as he departs Philly.

Foles would be my first choice as far as a free agent QB, though it would be very costly.  My guess is that he is going to want a minimum 3 year contract which would make sense for both Foles and the Jaguars.  The team would have a proven veteran QB and can be patient drafting/developing a future QB.

Just my opinion, but I think drafting and starting a rookie QB is a huge gamble.  Sure some teams have success, but it's more rare than "the norm".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-08-2019, 03:04 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Foles would be my first choice as far as a free agent QB, though it would be very costly.  My guess is that he is going to want a minimum 3 year contract which would make sense for both Foles and the Jaguars.  The team would have a proven veteran QB and can be patient drafting/developing a future QB.

Just my opinion, but I think drafting and starting a rookie QB is a huge gamble.  Sure some teams have success, but it's more rare than "the norm".
I think overall it's more rare but it's happening more and more over the last 10 years or so. In the old days, these QBs had to sit and wait. Today? They get drafted and start right away. Just looking at 1st and 2nd round QBs

2018 saw Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Jackson start and play a significant portion of their rookie season.
2017- Watson, Trubisky, Kizer
2016- Goff and Wentz
2015- Winston and Mariota
2014- Bortles, Maziel, Teddy B, Carr
2013- EJ Manuel and Geno
2012- Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden
2011- Cam, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton
2010- Bradford, Tebow
2009- Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman

That's 33 QBs selected in the 1st 2 round of the last 10 NFL drafts who saw significant playing time as a rookie. That's extremely impressive and seems to be the new normal going forward instead of sitting and waiting.

(01-08-2019, 03:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 03:04 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Foles would be my first choice as far as a free agent QB, though it would be very costly.  My guess is that he is going to want a minimum 3 year contract which would make sense for both Foles and the Jaguars.  The team would have a proven veteran QB and can be patient drafting/developing a future QB.

I think overall it's more rare but it's happening more and more over the last 10 years or so. In the old days, these QBs had to sit and wait. Today? They get drafted and start right away. Just looking at 1st and 2nd round QBs

2018 saw Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Jackson start and play a significant portion of their rookie season.
2016- Goff and Wentz
2013- EJ Manuel and Geno
2010- Bradford, Tebow

That's 33 QBs selected in the 1st 2 round of the last 10 NFL drafts who saw significant playing time as a rookie. That's extremely impressive and seems to be the new normal going forward instead of sitting and waiting.
To be fair, half on that list aren’t even starters anymore.  I think that is what he’s talking about with it being a gamble.

(01-08-2019, 05:04 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 03:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think overall it's more rare but it's happening more and more over the last 10 years or so. In the old days, these QBs had to sit and wait. Today? They get drafted and start right away. Just looking at 1st and 2nd round QBs

2016- Goff and Wentz
2013- EJ Manuel and Geno
2010- Bradford, Tebow

To be fair, half on that list aren’t even starters anymore.  I think that is what he’s talking about with it being a gamble.
I understand that but who knows if that’s because they played early. Lots of QBs perform well as rookie and lots don’t. The point I’m making is that playing rookie QBs is pretty much the new normal. 5 QBs were taken in round 1 of the 2018 draft and all started.

The new NFL schtick is to draft a young QB and play him quickly but surround him with elite talent. The Jags could have been at the forefront with this and drafted Mahomes/Watson and surrounded them with great talent while on a rookie contract.

(01-06-2019, 11:50 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Yeah but really someone on the Eagles named Hester got a piece of that kick so it is not entirely Bears Cody Parkey's fault. Bears wished they had Robbie Gould IMHO. But really if Nick Foles can pull off a win with the Saints, it would be indeed a Cinderella season.

I dont think the defending Super Bowl champs winning the following year qualifies as a fairy tale story. That was last season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 08:52 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-06-2019, 10:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If Jeffery, Ertz and Tate are coming with him, sure I'll take Foles.

No, but you can draft Metcalf, one of the top TEs in the 2nd, and go oline with our 2 3rds.

(01-09-2019, 07:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:50 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Yeah but really someone on the Eagles named Hester got a piece of that kick so it is not entirely Bears Cody Parkey's fault. Bears wished they had Robbie Gould IMHO. But really if Nick Foles can pull off a win with the Saints, it would be indeed a Cinderella season.

I dont think the defending Super Bowl champs winning the following year qualifies as a fairy tale story. That was last season.

I do think the winner of that game, takes it in the NFC. But yeah, Foles is maybe the most clutch QB in the league.  That's a guy I want, and a guy we have never had at Qzb

(01-06-2019, 09:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think Foles would be a sure upgrade that could help the Jags offense get back to functioning competitively.

With Foles and get us a true number 1 WR and TE with our first 2 picks on top of a healthy oline I see no reason why it couldn't be better than functioning properly, especially if Chark improves.  We can go oline with our 3rd round pick and get a defensive player with the other 3rd.  As I have been thinking more and more about this, getting Foles would be by far the best option.  SB MVP QBs dont go on trees and he is possibly the most clutch QB in the league.  He has ice in his veins and would take him over Cousins any day.

(01-07-2019, 10:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 10:35 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: For all the complaints we have about spirals and good throws.....  Foles would be right in that mold and a disaster for the Jaguars.  I was not impressed.  The Chicago defense couldn't get a stop when it counted.  Seems very familiar.

While I don't think we should sign him, solely based on the fact he will be too expensive, I have to disagree with your assessment. As an Eagle, Foles makes excellent throws and has great instincts about throwing receivers open. This is something we haven't seen in Jacksonville in a very long time. 

Based on his resume, I think he is far more deserving of a big contract than a guy like Kirk Cousins, but I can't help but think that "magic" will be gone as soon as he departs Philly.

Fair enough for that team.  We don't have the coaching staff.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-09-2019, 09:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 09:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think Foles would be a sure upgrade that could help the Jags offense get back to functioning competitively.

With Foles and get us a true number 1 WR and TE with our first 2 picks on top of a healthy oline I see no reason why it couldn't be better than functioning properly, especially if Chark improves.  We can go oline with our 3rd round pick and get a defensive player with the other 3rd.  As I have been thinking more and more about this, getting Foles would be by far the best option.  SB MVP QBs dont go on trees and he is possibly the most clutch QB in the league.  He has ice in his veins and would take him over Cousins any day.

Am I crazy to think that before you can sign Foles, you're going to have to complete a trade with Philly? I don't think they outright release him. I don't see how we'll end up with both Foles and all those picks listed above.

I get that he has that opt-out clause, but I can't imagine Philly won't try to let some team get the jump on the bidding war by offering a pick(s) for the right to be the team he signs with.

(01-09-2019, 09:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

How exactly are you going to get Foles but also keep our first 3 picks in the draft?

(01-09-2019, 01:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 09:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: With Foles and get us a true number 1 WR and TE with our first 2 picks on top of a healthy oline I see no reason why it couldn't be better than functioning properly, especially if Chark improves.  We can go oline with our 3rd round pick and get a defensive player with the other 3rd.  As I have been thinking more and more about this, getting Foles would be by far the best option.  SB MVP QBs dont go on trees and he is possibly the most clutch QB in the league.  He has ice in his veins and would take him over Cousins any day.
How exactly are you going to get Foles but also keep our first 3 picks in the draft?

He has an opt out clause

(01-08-2019, 03:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

2016- Goff and Wentz
2013- EJ Manuel and Geno
2010- Bradford, Tebow

not one of those qbs have won a super bowl,or even come close.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.